tuscl

Nu Metal in Strip Clubs

Thursday, November 2, 2023 10:56 PM
I don't know how you feel about Nu Metal or even know what it is for some of you. I've always liked it but I think a lot of old school folks hated that stuff, I respect that. Hip hoppy metal stuff from around the turn of the millennium. But I think it just works in a strip club, I'll hear it a lot. Stuff like Korn, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, POD, Disturbed, Deftones and others. The girls can dance to it, and sort of survived the times in a way you won't really hear classic rock as much. I just think it just works real well in a strip club. Danceable and appeals to a lot of guys in and around middle age now adays. Bridges the dancer/ non hip hop crowd gap. I would recommend that stuff to girls if they ask me.

18 comments

• tuskular
    8 months ago
    Man, totally reminds me of middle school. I swear... everyone wore a backward red yankees cap.
  • JamesSD
    8 months ago
    Weekend nights with the smoke machine on and the club dark it works. But not at 2 pm on a Wednesday
  • RamPaige
    8 months ago
    Did you time travel back to 1999?
  • rattdog
    8 months ago
    the story of eddie van halen halen pointing a gun right at fred durst's red hat is fucking epic. my fave from the late 90's liked that nu metal shit fwiw.
  • shailynn
    8 months ago
    Nu metal fans, these are the guys that wore a chain on their wallet, drank 4 cans of monster energy drink a day, wore baggy jeans with cargo pockets and their baseball caps backwards. Today they vape and get excited about special menu items at Taco Bell. Most of these guys are in their 40s living with their parents and if they are employed, they’re stocking shelves at Walmart. You know these dudes were prime material as stripper boyfriends when they were in their 20s. It’s no wonder this musical taste has rubbed off on many of stripper MILFs and even their children who are now working the pole. I’d rather listen this this music than most rap played in the club. Most nu metal blows but I gotta admit I like some Korn songs and the Deftones kick ass. Another term for this type of music is Groove Metal which mainly comes out of Texas - think of the group Hellyeah which has ties to Pantera. BTW - if you’re white, wear your fucking hat with the bill to the front. Every white bot in America that wears their shit backwards looks like a toolbox.
  • drewcareypnw
    8 months ago
    I always hated that music.
  • mogul1985
    8 months ago
    Nu Metal works for stripping. Hip Hop and gansta rap - HELL NO! As a DJ in college working in a few bars, I was more R&B, and stuff only herd on FM AOR.
  • datinman
    8 months ago
    "and sort of survived the times in a way you won't really hear classic rock as much. " Given this music is 25 years old now, for Millennials and Gen Z this is "classic" rock.
  • twentyfive
    8 months ago
    @shailyn If you wear a ball cap wear your hat with the brim to the front I don’t care if you’re white, black or even green, if your hat is on backwards you look like a retarded tool. Nobody gets a pass no need to use ethnicity.
  • Muddy
    8 months ago
    ^^^Only Ken Griffey Jr. that’s it. Only exception.
  • gammanu95
    8 months ago
    Have you even heard Disturbed? They are not Nu Metal. They kick ass, and they are not Nu metal. Now I'm gonna go wear a backwards ball cap to work out and piss off some unhip, out-of-touch boomers.
  • twentyfive
    8 months ago
    Generation Z should know wearing a ball cap backwards doesn’t piss us off it just makes us laugh at the idiots.
  • BubbleYum
    8 months ago
    I feel like a lot of the bands you named are being confused with alternative rock rather than nu metal. I'm an alt rock chick at heart, But my club refuses to play any rock music anymore. It's all wrapping hip hop and I fucking hate it.
  • boomer79
    8 months ago
    I wish they’d play anything but rap. I truly hate the rap/hip hop make it rain scene. It’s infesting clubs that used to not have it.
  • Specialj
    8 months ago
    I like it. Limp biscuit might have gotten the most recognition. I like some of slipknot and Korn. I like RATM too but I admit these bands/genre isn't for everyone. I know a lot of people would disagree but I absolutely Hate country....always have, and it certainly doesn't need to played at strip clubs
  • Specialj
    8 months ago
    And guys thanks for reminding me of a couple others, like disturbed, system of a down and godsmack. I'm not sure if Pantera qualifies....I seem them as more heavy metal.
  • Hank Moody
    8 months ago
    It’s all over my workout playlists. I don’t need to hear it in the clubs as the dancers usually don’t enjoy it.
  • stripperlover777
    2 months ago
    I Like "Old School Music" Mixed Era's"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion