tuscl

Tax time. April 15th approaching.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:58 AM
I have an appointment with my tax man tomorrow. He has been doing my returns for over 20 years. I trust him. Our kids grew up together. Question: Can I wright off my favorite strippers as dependents? Come on magicrat. I know that you are a CPA. LOL...

8 comments

• Clubber
    16 years ago
    You might be able to "write" them off if you provide the majority of their support (not salary) and no one else claims them.
  • rootman
    16 years ago
    How about as gambling losses? Some haven't really paid off.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    This topic is a big fucking waste of bandwidth...
  • magicrat
    16 years ago
    Marry one of them Candyman! Won't help for 2007, but a little planning never hurt.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat, you might be able to write off some of their kids (lol).
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    magicrat: Is that the best you can do for a buddy? FONDL: Now that would be cheating. I know that they can't be mine. I closed the factory 30+ years ago.
  • magicrat
    16 years ago
    shadowcat: I know you can't meet the IRS rules for a dependency exemption. Although you do give the girls quite a bit of money, I think we other guys give them enough so you don't meet the "provide more than half of support" rule. Of course, this is America--you can do anything you want with your taxes so long as you're willing to pay the penalties and interest. See you at the Spring Fling!
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I say curses to the tax software companies. I didn't bother to upgrade my pc since I didn't see a need for it. However the tax software companies decided not to provide support for any of the older operating systems anymore like WinME or Windows 98. I'm going to do it manually. I read online free tax sites could be a security problem since you don't know who might gain access to their servers since you don't know anything about how secure they'll guard your information.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion