tuscl

Politicians and their looks

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 1:22 PM
There was an op ed in the wall street journal going after Vivek Ramaswamy side burns, and I agree with that he looks like a fucking riverboat gambler. Or at the very least an extra in some shitty high school movie from like 1998. He's got shave that. Nobody trusts people who look like that. I saw Ron Desantis on Bill Maher last week. The guy had platform disco shoes on. Who cares about the height thing. It's so dumb to me but I guess it matters to some folks. Where did they find Gavin Newsome, say what you want about him, and I have a lot to say there but he definitely has the looks like maybe nobody else I can think of. There's a local politician around me, Tom Suozzi. Same shit. These guys must make all the girls come out to vote. I know people get on John Fetterman, it does look ridiculous with the sweater and shorts as a senator. I mean that's like what I dress like. But I actually think that stuff is what helped him get elected. Regular folks like that stuff. Same for Glenn Youngkin with the vests. He just looks like a soccer dad. People love all that shit. Jim Jordan might be the next speaker of the house, almost never wears a jacket. I like Jim Jordan and I think it works for him. If you have a jacket off it usually means your doing something you need to moving around. I get it. That and it's usually hot as fuck wearing those things I would take it off all the time too. How important do you think looks are to getting elected, does it influence you? Your probably a guy so the above lets say your deciding between two female candidates and it's close for you. Do you go with the hotter girl? I've never been in that scenario but if you told me Tulsi Gabbard, Nancy Mace or Ana Paulina Luna was running, hell I'd tempted just for all the masturbation material in the news every night.

20 comments

• shadowcat
    9 months ago
    I'm more interested in the issues than looks or political parties but my 23 yo grand daughter voted against Trump based on his orange hue.
  • shailynn
    9 months ago
    Let’s face it - attractive people are usually more successful and it’s no different in politics. The nerds made ugly people look cool for the first time ever when the public realized they were making millions working in tech. You really think all those hot girls playing video games on twitch really like that? No but they’re appealing to a fan base and making $$$$ in the process. Even the ho’s are trying to act nerdy.
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    You ever noticed the most ubiquitous look in a politician is the size of their head? I’m not making a joke. Literally most politicians have a physically larger coconut sitting on top of their shoulders! The same goes for corporate managers and CEO’s. For whatever the reason, the size of one’s melon stands out subliminally to sway people to listen to them.
  • gammanu95
    9 months ago
    Barack Obama, Kommiela Harris, Sotomayor, and that new black Supreme Court Justice all got their jobs based on their looks, but they're all butt- ugly!
  • motorhead
    9 months ago
    Kristi Noem is way hot. She’d get my vote
  • mogul1985
    9 months ago
    I was at a cancer event years ago at the University of Colorado - Anschutz Medical Campus in Denver. One of the national networks was covering it. A car drove by us, I said, "The media just arrived". My friend said, "How do you know?" I said, "He has good hair." And it was. Face it, looks matter, as does height. Taller men tend, not always, do better in leadership type roles. They stand-out. With women, IMHO, height isn't as big an issue. Take for example Gavin Newsom. He has the looks and he is a way too slick politician, and I don't mean his hair. His policies suck the big one. No need to go into the weeds with him here. Romney is another grifter. They have a presence & looks that sucks people into voting for them. If Clyde from "Every Which Way But Loose" had great policies I'd vote for him. To me, policies and achievements that help America, American Citizens and constituents matters first over all other things. As far as Vivek is concerned, I like what he says 100% and I do think his day will come. The problem is he doesn't know the DC Deep State Swamp and inner-beltway Zombies. I think Trump was way too naive and trusting when he ran and was elected. I'd rather see Vivek get a high-level cabinet or VP position for 4 years. Niki Haley and Ron DeSantis have a much better clue how DC operates. Jim Jordan had best be Speaker today to get this hot mess under control.
  • RiskA
    9 months ago
    My ex-wife always said “fuckability” was a key factor for politicians, particularly Democrats. Starting with Kennedy, then Gary Hart (tho that went bad), Bill Clinton big time, etc., etc. Versus Hillary Clinton, Michael Dukakis, Bob Dole, etc. Trump was an outlier. Newsom (aka Emperor Hair Gel) looks to me like a used car or insurance salesman. The CA “reparations” board he initiated is going to kill him, as politically he can’t repudiate their insane recommendations (gee, who’d a thought appointing a panel of radicals would end up like that?). As will his wacky ex-wife, recounting his moral failings like stealing his buddy’s wife on round 2. He’s the next Gary Hart IMO, but you can fool all of the people some of the time I guess.
  • Hank Moody
    9 months ago
    If Gym Jordan is elected speaker, it only increases the chances the republicans get swept in 2024. Whose idea is it to put a guy in power who has never authored a meaningful piece of legislation and whose great achievement is a failed investigation into Biden? Republicans are playing right into the democrats hands.
  • jaybud999
    9 months ago
    "I like Jim Jordan and I think it works for him. If you have a jacket off it usually means your doing something you need to moving around." I think Jordan is a terrible choice for a speaker. I find his line of thought(s) disturbing. But I will agree that he is a jacketoff.....on this, we agree.
  • misterorange
    9 months ago
    If looks matter at all, how did this mug get elected? [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    9 months ago
    'You ever noticed the most ubiquitous look in a politician is the size of their head? I’m not making a joke. Literally most politicians have a physically larger coconut sitting on top of their shoulders! The same goes for corporate managers and CEO’s. For whatever the reason, the size of one’s melon stands out subliminally to sway people to listen to them.' Reading the above reminded me of this. Luckily I didn't have to waste time finding it, it took me less than a minute. A theory on the popularity of Dirty Harry/ Clint Eastwood. starts at 18:40 of the clip.. [view link]
  • Array
    9 months ago
    @Risk alluded to it. This goes back at least to the 1960s. It’s been said by some that the 1960 presidential election turned around by the televised debate between Kennedy and Nixon. Kennedy was well made up and slickly dressed for television and Nixon wasn’t. Check out an old picture. The difference is stark. Television may have a lot to do with this in general. Look at the candidates in pre-TV elections. Some scary-looking dudes won.
  • Specialj
    8 months ago
    I agree with motorhead KM is hot. I wouldn't pass up on AOC either
  • Specialj
    8 months ago
    I'm willing to put politics aside for either of the aforementioned
  • skibum609
    8 months ago
    AOC looks like a monkey. Hey Hank name 5 important pieces of legislation authored by Biden, AOC, Obama, Kamala, Rashida . Thought so.
  • Specialj
    8 months ago
    I'm still curious what she would look like with my cock in her mouth
  • Dave_Anderson
    8 months ago
    There's no one on the planet who looks sleezier and greasier than Gruesome Newsome. Nor is anyone more of a pile of living excrement. Fuck you if you don't view that thing as used toilet paper
  • Dave_Anderson
    8 months ago
    AOC is a hideous horseface, as well as wanting to put everyone she disagrees with in prison. There is a 60 year old bag lady with a grocery cart who talks to herself who lives behind the local shopping center. It AOC gave me $1,000 I would still pay the bag lady for sex first.
  • Dave_Anderson
    8 months ago
    Lukashenko looks old school cool.
  • Specialj
    8 months ago
    Dave I said I'd fuck them not marry them. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion. Remember beauty is subjective....we all have our own "type"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion