tuscl

Hong Kong management doesn't seem to get it.

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
all these new rules and price increases... is like Hong Kong is trying to commit suicide of its place in the monger world. I keep going back though because of the girl selection that's available. but after this latest visit, with my negative experience with the policia, I'm going to be cutting back even more my visits to what I used to call 'a slice of heaven.'

35 comments

• shailynn
    a year ago
    What happened with the pooooolice?

• funonthaside
    a year ago
    ^ policia intervention is described in jascoi review of La Cueva del Peludo
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    My amigo and me were going back to Zona Norte after spending a night at La cueva del peludo.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    after we checked out of the hotel Don Poncho afternoon we took a taxi van back to centro.

we walked to the most excellent Tijuana tequila festival which was being held on a blocked off portion of revolución boulevard between Hidalgo (8th) and Zaragoza (9th) streets. after visiting about 15 or 20 booths (which is not quite half) sampling some of the tequilas of Jalisco area of Mexico.

we decided to leave and walk back to Zona Norte (HK.) we walked eight blocks to the Tijuana friendship arch and turn the corner by hotel Nelson and we're greeted by three of Tijuana's policia on foot.

by this time hotel Nelson had closed down for the night and had closed up. all the doorways and windows on the ground floor with the roll down security doors.

just as soon as we turned to go west on primaria 123 the policia stopped us and told us to put our hands up against the wall. I held my phone and my wallet in my left hand. we were both frisked and the cop frisking me grabbed my wallet out of my hand and told me to stay with my hands on the wall.

then he quickly handed back my wallet after about maybe 10 or 15 seconds and told us we could go. I did notice that the three police officers which were two men and one woman in full police gear had big smiles on their faces as they quickly walked away from us.

we started walking west again by the old arches that borders the street towards Zona Norte and Hong Kong. I looked in my wallet after a minute and realized I had no more $50 bills in my wallet. I still had plenty of twenties and tens and fives and all my ones but no 50s.

later on I figured out that that the policia frisking me got about $900 out of my wallet and they also stole my amigos Bose Bluetooth speaker out of his backpack. this happened at about 11:00 p.m. of course the three policia got away on foot not to be seen anywhere nearby.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I probably really should have made another discussion subject about the robbery. and I should title it
    "bandits with badges"
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I've been visiting Hong Kong in Tijuana for a little over 9 years now. I have crossed the border. hundreds of times and have spent probably on average $1200 per visit because I stay usually three nights... and up until this year I've been going pretty much every week.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    What could you have done if the police hadn't hurried away? Serious question. Also, would it mske sense to keep some decoy bills in your wallet, squirrel money away on your socks, belt, wherever else, and arriba money in the hotel room?
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I should have proofed read my posting more closely.
    this tequila festival and the robbery took place last Thursday afternoon and evening.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    usually when I cross into Mexico I go straight to Zona Norte and put half my money away hidden in my room. but on this particular occasion we had stayed in the other club hotel 5 mi away and I should have hidden the big money. I don't wear shoes or socks because I wear flip-flops and shorts all the time. after all, it's margaritaville.
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    Mexico will never help the U.S. with our immigration problem or try to control the cartels within their country. Every cop and politician in the country is on the take and the Mexican people just accept the facts. My ex wife was born and raised in the state of Jalisco and I saw it all back in the 70's. If anything it has gotten worse.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    Mexico will never stop people from coming. Money sent from the US to relatives is a huge part of their economy. Same for the Central American countries.

The clubs I'm sure pay mordidas to police who patrol nearby. I would guess the cab companies pay mordidas to the police who patrol near the crossing. The cops WILL get some of the money you bring into Mexico. It's generally cheaper if they get it indirectly from where you spend your money, rather than getting it directly from you.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    @shadowcat

The USA lures people from all over the world, including Mexico, to get cheap labor.

Please watch the movie and read the book The Grapes of Wrath for the national version of this scam.

For your information the drug trade in the USA 🇺🇸 and Mexico 🇲🇽 is controlled by the Central Intelligence Agency, most everyone in the world knows it, only some Americans live in denial.

Almost every cop and politician in the USA is on the take and the American people just accept the facts.

The UNDENIABLE REALITY IS:

It's all about power, money and greed from Americans and Mexicans governments and their criminal organizations in both sides of the border.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Not sure I would blame any of what happened on HK management like the title of the thread. The blame should be on crooked cops in Mexico which could be a large part of why HK has apparently raised prices since they may be extorting more money than before from HK for "protection" services.

Not sure about the "new rules" since there was no mention of what they were. Those could be entirely the result of poor management or something management has been forced to do.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    @Jascoi

I am sorry an about your bad experience. I hope this serves as a lesson to me and others to be careful about wandering outside the Zona Northe, where the Happiest Place on Earth is.

I would never walk around at night outside, and will never will carry to much money on me because of this possibility.

I hope you had fun with some of the girls to get rid of the bad taste of this experience.

At least you were not physically hurt or worse.

Just stay positive and stay inside the safer areas and paths.

Thank you for sharing your experience so we can learn from it and be careful out there.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    The Hong Kong management and the policia experience are two different things that I should have separated instead of blending it together like I did.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    Have the prices in pesos also risen? The dollar seems to have fallen against the peso.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I don't know the answer to that question cuz I almost always use dollars in Hong Kong and tropical and Chicago... a long time ago I was told that bar girls prefer the dollars.

street girls? they prefer the pesos.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    Here's what I would have done, likely.

Go back to Hong Kong the next night, hang out for awhile with a drink, and casually chat up who you think is the most influential person around, manager or owner. Or even two of them. Include someone who knows you spend a lot of money there. In a calm manner, explain you won't be taking any chicas tonight, and it will be your last visit to Tijuana for a long time, perhaps 2 years. When they ask why, you explain what went down with the policia.

It won't solve the problem, but you will be registering a data point and reaction that will get the attention of management, and may also get back to their policia contacts. And you'll have the satisfaction of having done something. Don't go back again for 2 years.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    I have a lot of sympathy for the people coming across the border. I have no sympathy for the pos cops and government of mexico. I used to work there and they are organized criminals. Or I should say disorganized criminals. Any country where a badge is a license to steal is a shithole as far as I’m concerned.

• CJKent_band
    a year ago
    ^^^^^
    I have a lot of sympathy for the people of USA 🇺🇸 and Mexico 🇲🇽 going and coming across the border. I have no sympathy for the pos cops and government of USA 🇺🇸 and Mexico 🇲🇽. I used to live and work there and they 🇺🇸 both 🇲🇽 are organized criminals. Or I should say disorganized criminals. Any 🇺🇸 country 🇲🇽 where a badge is a license to steal is a shithole as far as I’m concerned.

I Fixed It For You All, you are welcome
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    Anyone wondering why C. J. Kunt is so defensive about Mexicans ?
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    While I sympathize to some extent, like Shadowcat said you gotta accept facts. That sort of shit is the cost of doing business or in your case doing pleasure in Mexico. Those behaviors are inextricably linked to the economic conditions that give rise to the sort of opportunities you go there to take advantage of.

I can't say it will or won't ever change, but I think its very likely that if it does it will likely also change the environment that drives so many women to choose that line of work or at least alter the pricing structure dramatically.

Ya can't have one without the other.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    Cj: are you implying the two counties are the same? Thank you for not doing the same stupid “I’ll play along” copy/paste.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    I've never been frisked or roughed up by a cop in Mexico. The pattern I've seen is they want double the bribe they'd expect from a Mexican, if you're from the US. Because Mexicans are generally fatalistic, Mexican cops are less likely to be trigger-happy than US cops.

I think Mexican in general would say, a woman in TJ should have the choice, between an austere life married to a cab driver, or a more opulent one as a BG. If you try to avoid the cab fare, you're leaving her with only the second option. So, not going to be sympathetic to what happens to you as a result.
  • iknowbetter
    a year ago
    Just gave me reason for not going to Mexico
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    @drewcareypnw (and @twentyfive)

To answer your question:

Q: Are you implying the two counties (USA and Mexico) are the same?

A: I am not implying that; both countries are very different in some aspects, and very similar in others.

European colonization of North America expanded through Spanish colonists and English colonists mainly, that is the main difference, in the USA English is the official language and in Mexico Spanish is the official language.

However the residents of both countries are human beings with all the same characteristics good and bad that human beings have.

A big difference between Mexico and the USA is the level of Denial each country has with respect to the levels or corruption and the gap between the rich and the poor that both countries have.

I am not saying the two countries are the same, because they are not, however their respective cultures overlap in many areas and each other have influenced their culture and society.

The USA 🇺🇸 is the Big Brother and Mexico is the Little Sister that is being sexually abused by her Big Brother in this situation…

• twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ You’re not answering a question because I didn’t ask you one, and even there you completely avoided the question my post did ask.
    You gloss over the facts and that’s the point.
    BTW You are completely ignorant of, and oblivious to the reality of this situation.
    Mexico is more of a homogeneous country comprised of a majority of indigenous people’s with many mixed race natives included in that population.
    The United States is actually a melting pot with many different races, cultures, and ethnicities.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    @cj: fine, that’s what you’re not saying. Will you tell us what you ARE saying?
  • Danton
    a year ago
    Hi

I was wondering what price increases and rule changes have been implemented that you are referring to?

Thanks
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    management and staff are inconsistent on enforcing these new rules.

some of these rules have to do with how long you can keep the girl in your room (with her permission ) without having to pay extra to the hotel or the club.
    another rule has to do with what the girl can do while at your table in the club besides drink her ficha drink. (lap dance)
  • Danton
    a year ago

Have the cost of drinks and dances in the club gone up in the last year also ?
    Thanks
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I think the last increases in dances and drinks and of course arribas went up over a year ago now.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    (I should be keeping an accurate journal of my experiences in these clubs and cities.)
  • Danton
    a year ago
    Thanks for the info.

I got pulled over by a policeman for no reason when I was walking on Revolucion and he asked to see my drivers license . Thankfully he let me continue with no loss of funds but it was a frightening experience given all the bad stories.
  • Jascoi
    10 months ago
    in my eyes, the luster and draw of Zona Norte and Hong Kong is getting tarnished. at least I had nine good years of good experiences. I'll still be going once in a while because it's still pretty good (if you're careful.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion