tuscl

Digital currency

mark94
Arizona
Tuesday, August 15, 2023 1:30 PM
Janet Yellen ( Treasury Secretary ) is promoting something called Central Bank Digital Currency. It would eliminate paper money and require all transactions to be processed through the government. What would that do to strip clubs if the government had a record of every dance and tip ?

12 comments

• skibum609
    a year ago
    Just like in 1984.
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    if this current shit government went all out to enforce cbdc how every strip club lapper and vip session digitally accounted for would be the biggest least of my concerns.
  • JamesSD
    a year ago
    I think you're misreading the proposal, which is more around taking something banks are already doing and moving it to the public sector to reduce risk to individuals. At this point the discussions around it use words like "could" and "should" not "will". Based on how slow government moves, this will not be coming anytime soon.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    At this point, I assume the federal government will use any excuse to monitor and control people’s lives. CBDC opens the door wide open.
  • mogul1985
    a year ago
    In Sept '23, Biden signed an ExOrder for "FedCoin" to "explore" digital currency to replace Greenbacks. Pelosi tried to pass legislation to have banks report any bank transaction at $500 or more. Once the Feds use "FedCoin", create a Central Bank and get rid of paper money, is their anyone with an IQ over 60 that would trust gov't with OUR MONEY? This needs to be crushed and sent to the dustbin. It's one thing to use Bitcoin the way it is secured, FedCoin will have an open window to the US Treasury, Federal Reserve, IRS and of course, the DOJ. These orgs have created so much trust, right? As far as strip clubs go, your exchange for pleasure and FedCoin will be tracked and stored forever. Get arrested and your entire life will just be a few clicks away. So much for any privacy of any sort. The amount of snooping the gov't can do today on SM, Internet traffic and cellphones is beyond imagination. This is just one more track of breadcrumbs that will be used to hurt and take more "freedoms" of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" away. This (Central Bank) has been an issue for over 250 years: POTUS Jefferson, Jackson and Wilson understood, a central bank has the power to destroy lives and freedom. And this was pre-Internet, computers, SM and digital transactions. Be afraid, be very afraid. Vote OUT anyone who even thinks this is a reasonable, let along good, direction for America. The House GOP'ers need to bring this up in a public debate/discussion.
  • ATACdawg
    a year ago
    No!! I LOVE the idea that the Feds could track me whenever I use a pay toilet! Why, I bet they could even rig them to lock me in if they wanted to..... ...and yes, folks, that was satire....😒
  • mark94
    a year ago
    In China, if you cross the street illegally, a camera takes a photo, face recognition, and they do an immediate withdrawal from your bank account for the fine. No exaggeration.
  • SanchoRG
    10 months ago
    Sounds like it's time to break out the mask again
  • motorhead
    10 months ago
    Not sure i would care. I reached into my wallet and pulled out $5 cash to play in the lottery pool last week at work. That was about the first time I’ve used cash in 6 months. I haven’t hit a club post COVID - but I see a fave OTC and use CashApp or ApplePay
  • mark94
    10 months ago
    My guess is the Fed would ban all other cash apps once the government’s was in place.
  • skibum609
    10 months ago
    ^agree. The only thing Orwell got wrong is that he believed the shitty world progressives have created would be created in the aftermath of a nuclear war, not because of convenience. So glad that I am old enough to retire the minute we go away from cash.
  • mark94
    10 months ago
    Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do And they don’t think you know, but I know that you do
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion