tuscl

Strip club tours

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Have you ever been given a tour of a strip club on your first visit to the club? I can only recall it once. Probably 20+ years ago on my one and only visit to the Platinum Plus (closed) in Greenville SC. upon entering a dancer offered a free guided tour of the 29, 850 sq ft building. Everything from the men's room to the VIP rooms and ending in the Champagne room. Of course at the end of the tour their was a big push to get me to buy an hour in the Champagne room. That would have run at least $600 for the hour so I passed. But good PR work.

13 comments

• motorhead
    a year ago
    Yeah, my first visit to the Flight Club near Detroit. It was a Saturday afternoon so it was slow. The first dancer that approached me asked the typical “Have you been here before?” question.

When I said no, she gave me a tour. The FC is fairly large, with an upper level. No pressure for a dance. I think she was just legitimately bored and welcomed an opportunity to pass some time.
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    Yeah I’ve been offered tours at times. If I’m writing a review later I’ll try to take one for the team to get more insight but normally I turn it down because at the end it’s all trying to get your ass in a room.
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    I was taken on a "tour" once. Was shown the CR. Nice little couch. Dancer pointed out the couch, the table and then pointed to a spot on the floor and said: "this is where I will be kneeling during the greatest moment of your life". I was hooked. She was right.
  • captainfun
    a year ago
    Yes several times including four over the past few months. Club 390 in Chicago, Gold Room in Chicago, Polekatz in south suburbs of Chicago and very recently at the Executive Club on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

The Chicago clubs have several pretty cool private rooms. The Executive club gives you the whole third floor including a pool table. It was pitched as two girls and private bartender for $800/girl for an hour. Hard pass but cool to check out. I did end up spending a bundle in dances and drinks so everyone did just fine.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    I've been offered several tours. I have noticed it is linked to how I dress. One of my favorites was in New Orleans. I was hosting the Mardi Gras party at an executive's condo in the FQ. Once I got everything ready for Fat Tuesday, I went out for Lundi Gras ( I was staying at the condo overnight). I went to Larry Flynts Little Darlings on Bourbon. i had not changed and was still dressed professionally. The hostess chatted with me as I paid cover, and I said was staying at a condo on Royal. The manager came over immediately and toured me all the private and fantasy rooms and gave me grossly inflated 4-figure prices. I already knew that Bourbon was too heavily regulated for ITC, so it would have been a waste of money. It was fun to be a VIP for 15 minutes.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Yes, always when I was by myself and usually the supersize clubs. Treasures in Houston, phc Detroit, the Vegas clubs. There was always a room pitch afterward but I have no problem declining and proceeding with my night.
  • Manuellabore
    a year ago
    Hustler Club in Baltimore used to do this.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Pretty common at higher end clubs but I prefer dive clubs to mid tier clubs so it doesn't happen much where I club.
  • jaybud999
    a year ago
    I've been offered a number of times, but only did it once: Hustler Club in Vegas. Total mistake.
  • DandyDan
    a year ago
    I remember one once at Big Earl's in Des Moines, Iowa once after they had remodeled. I think it was just a plot to get you to buy a champagne room. I suspect they still do this, but that's the one club there I never go to anymore.
  • JamesSD
    a year ago
    I've had dancers offer to give me a tour. It's a thinly veiled "and here are the private rooms, since we are here want a dance?' hustle
  • RiskA
    a year ago
    I’ve had several “tours,” particularly when visiting new clubs while traveling for business. It’s actually a good ice breaker, to feel out how the club operates & whether mileage is available.

I usually look for the hottest (IMO) dancer and approach her at the bar with “I’m new here; what’s the deal at this club? Dance options? Privacy? Touching?” At worst, it’s a good way to locate the bathroom. A few times they brush me off for their regulars, but I get that.

And yes, much like a time share salesperson, there’s always pressure to buy at the end. But if I don’t hear the right answers, or get vague evasions, I don’t worry about not getting a dance altho I will usually tip them $10-15 depending on time spent.
  • Nixur68
    a year ago
    Yes but I generally avoid it because it's usually a secret hustle to VIP.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion