tuscl

Tony Bennet has passed away at 96

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
I Left My Heart in San Francisco was his signature song, but he leaves a large catalog of songs with his own unique style.
Frank Sinatra used to say Tony Bennet was his favorite singer
R. I. P. Tony Bennet 96 a good life indeed.

25 comments

• azdd
    a year ago
    I loved the relationship he had with Lady Gaga, and their collaborations. A great loss indeed, he was a class act all the way.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Saw him in '07 at the Felt Forum (or whatever it was called by then). What a great show. At 80 y.o. his performance was still on point. And the stories he told about the old days in Vegas and on the road were awesome. He had guests Michael Buble, Natalie Cole and Elvis Costello who each did a song or two solo and then a duet with Tony. That's a concert I'll never forget.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    His music not necessarily my cup of tea, but wasn’t he still performing as recent as last year? Good for him that he could enjoy his health for that long
  • minnow
    a year ago
    "Frank Sinatra's Favorite Singer." ^^ Well, both Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra are my cup of tea. IMO, XM70 (Sinatra Channel) is the best with more unique songs each day (including Tony Bennett). It seems that many of my other "fave" XM channels are too damn blabby, or seem to play the same 20 - 30 songs (or songs I don't like) every time I drive. Thank goodness for voice command feature.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    *yawn* and what?
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    only a true Huckleberry would not understand the beauty of his voice.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    An amazing voice for sure. His music isn't the type I listen to often but on occasion I listen to his stuff to help relax after a stressful day since is voice is so calming. It was truly sad when he was diagnosed with alzheimers which is such a cruel disease both for the person with it and their entire family and friends.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Huckleberry does not mean what you think it means, LOL. Put down the bong and know your memes.

No, his voice and talent were very pedestrian. It's elevator music.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    ^^ NAH
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    ^^NAH NAH
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Lol.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    A huckleberry is a person of little or no consequence, also called a lightweight, or a failure just like the troll, with the name of a sorority.
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    Yeah that sucks. Really the last of the old timers. My grandpa loved Tony Bennett.

I saw an interview with Anderson Cooper and it showed how much his dementia progressed, he could only sing, not really communicate very sad stuff. On the bright side it looks like they’ve come out with a few drugs to treat that which might be the medical break through of the 21st century.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Goddamn 25IQ, you just can't stop being wrong. Again. And I can't help being right.
    And again.
    and AGAIN!

Have you never seen "Tombstone"?

https://texashillcountry.com/truth-meani…
    "Southern slang usage of huckleberry was “the right person for the job.”

https://www.reference.com/world-view/sla…
    "I’m your huckleberry” usually conveyed the meaning of being the right person for a particular job,"

Mark94 was right, you really are just a useless and worthless waste.
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    Don’t forget that 2 bits piggy backked his “huckleberry” comment upon the heels of his long time butt buddy SkiDumb, 2 of the biggest insecure boomers this world created. SMH..
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    ^The littlest girl.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Welcome to TUSCL where a solemn eulogy is a good place for a flame war!
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Fuck yeah it is
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ the tallest midget is still short
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    ^that makes you the shortest and pettiest midget for engaging and prolonging more flame wars than any other poster in TUSCL history
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ there you go again making up shit out of your ass
    We all see you and your mental midget buddy attacking me across threads daily. I never pay any attention to your gibberish unless you try to include me in your weak ravings
    I don’t know what your problem is but you need help, you seem obsessed with attacking me.
    What a dopey motherfucker
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Engaging with the narcissist, 25IQ, accomplishes nothing. She is incapable of self-awareness, doubt, or shame.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^So stop engaging you dopey, cunty, little princess
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Engaging with the narcissist, 25IQ, accomplishes nothing. She is incapable of self-awareness, doubt, or shame.
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    ^^Seems to be more like SkiDumbs character description
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion