tuscl

Can you fake work experience successfully?

Friday, July 14, 2023 2:50 PM
Someone is claiming to have years of experience as an IT analyst but i know they didnt have that job and were struggling. They did have their own business for at least most of that time but it had nothing to do with IT. However they are claiming to have worked for a very well known, nationwide company. How are they able to fake this on a resume or on linkedin. Is it as simple as if they know someone from that company they can use them as a reference. I thought other companies can actually verify your employment history, salary, and more.

10 comments

• etsutwigg222
    a year ago
    Usually, companies are reluctant to give out any employment history due to lawsuits.
  • Careless_kevin4405
    a year ago
    They wont check. A girl works at my department, she has zero experience in our field obviously. She's just a pretty face that's it. It's sad cause my friend in college can't get even a McDonald's job lol
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    Depends on where you want to work. If you try to get into a top tier company (Microsoft, Mckinsey, Google, Goldman) they will run a full anal intrusion level background check that will reveal every job you've ever had, title, dates, etc. Plus educational credentials, criminal stuff, you name it. These checks can take weeks. I have a good friend that got a pretty senior job at MS and they found out he had bullshitted on completing an AA degree. It's pretty silly all around bc who bullshits an AA degree? And, at our age none of that make any different to our job capabilities, but he did it, they found it, and then they rescinded the offer. He had to walk back to his prior employer hat in hand. Worse happened to an MBA associate (a real dickhead, not a friend) who claimed to work AT a company when he was just a subcontractor TO a company. Goldman fired his ass 6 months after he started and was allegedly doing well. You fuck around with those guys and they will fuck you up as a matter of principle. Of course some small companies may not care and Linkedin doesn't give a shit. You can write whatever you want on a resume or linkedin.
  • etsutwigg222
    a year ago
    Sounds like the bizarro world of strip clubs. Dancer puts BBBJ & FS on resume. Gets VIP trip. Is not able to fulfill agreement. Employer (PL) gets screwed (Not in good way).
  • georgmicrodong
    a year ago
    It's easy. Just make sure your name is "Moneyman00" and nobody will ever question anything about you at all. They'll know for sure you're completely on the up and up!
  • nicespice
    a year ago
    Maybe they claimed to work for Toys R US? 😁
  • dannyboy3
    a year ago
    Many places don't check and if tou check the right boxes, some will decide to play dumb just for the diversity hire. I was on a search committee for a vp of data management. The candidate was completely unfamiliar with a basic piece of software everyone uses, but she was female and black and got the job. Eas there a year, never did more than copy paste reports sent in by others. She was obviously incompetent and wasn't renewed.
  • rickmacrodong
    a year ago
    Apparently theres companies you can pay for, and theyll actually somehow get you a degree you can list on the resume. As well as companies you can pay in order to list certain jobs/companies worked for on your resume? How does that work, is it someone working in HR for certain companies or universities, who have a secret side job of altering the company or university records to show someone worked or attended there? Because if someone can just pay to have a degree listed on their resume that’s ridiculous. Now there is a dancer claiming to have 5 years of business analyst experience on linkedin… at a medium sized but still national company. Why/how would someone put that on a linkedin if theyve only been dancing during that time?! I assume these other companies would do at least some basic checking into someone’s employment history but i dont know. I was also wondering maybe if you’re personal friends with say a manager at an accounting firm could they somehow alter the company records or somehow show you as having worked at that company for years even if you never did?
  • Champphilly
    a year ago
    got job with fake experience? Then interviewers either stupid or favoring the fake candidate
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    giving a blowjob goes a long way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion