tuscl

A Suggestion

Array
Pennsylvania
Monday, July 10, 2023 1:05 AM
I understand why Founder asked a couple years ago that club reviews include detailed descriptions of costs and physical club layouts. That information is indeed quite useful when considering visits to clubs with which you may be unfamiliar. However, I and probably most frequent reviewers get very tired of rewriting that stuff every time we write a review and don’t want to rehash club size and drink costs and whether the bar is rectangular or U-shaped.Especially if it’s a club with which I am familiar I read reviews primarily to hear the reviewers’ experiences. I dislike always having to read through a lot of information that I am already very familiar with or which is really irrelevant to what I really want to know. My suggestion is that a single editable description of club costs and physical layout be written for each club. This description would be posted on the club description page along with club location, hours, rating, etc. The descriptions should be editable, a la Wikipedia, to allow others to make corrections and maintain currency of the details. As incentive to write such descriptions the authors should be rewarded with “double VIP points,” perhaps, or something of the like. Does this approach to posting details of club descriptions make sense to anyone else? Founder, has this ever been considered and, if so, why was it rejected?

10 comments

• PhredJohnson
    a year ago
    👍
  • From978
    a year ago
    The reviews are moderated by our peers. Just write the review you want to write, and see if it gets approved. (And if you're doing the moderating, approve the reviews you think are helpful.)
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    First, go read this recent thread from founder: [view link] Array said "However, I and probably most frequent reviewers get very tired of rewriting that stuff every time we write a review and don’t want to rehash club size and drink costs and whether the bar is rectangular or U-shaped." Nobody is asking for or requiring that level of detail. Layout can be covered by saying something like "Smaller club with two stages and one bar. It's sort of a dive and dark as fuck." That's not hard. "My suggestion is that a single editable description of club costs and physical layout be written for each club." It's nearly impossible to get guys to use the current "Update club listing" button when a club closes. Do you think they'll do better for lesser changes? "The descriptions should be editable, a la Wikipedia, to allow others to make corrections and maintain currency of the details. As incentive to write such descriptions the authors should be rewarded with 'double VIP points,' perhaps, or something of the like." Given this site's history with trolls and certain users going to war with specific clubs (desertscrub), this would be a disaster. Also, guys would be submitting false edits just to get the Double VIP points. When you consider site features for TUSCL, the first thing you need to consider is "Can this new thing be weaponized?" Because that will happen.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    ^^ Haha... who would've thought the term "weaponized" could apply to the features of a strip club website, yet here we are! Lol
  • Techman
    a year ago
    The cost of our hobby is raising a lot lately, so posted prices are out of date quickly. Lately dancers set their own prices. When costs are included in a review it is probably not AI.
    a year ago
    I'm trying to get in the habit of an initial "Club Details" section followed by a "Recent Visit" section. And adding a comment early on that if one is familiar with the club, one can just jump to Recent Visit. I agree with Ishmael, a brief highlight is fine. I'm of the opinion that reviews should be written for a first time visitor. Sometimes I'm that guy, a visitor to that area (or in a past life on a business trip). Is the area sketchy? What's the parking situation? What are the costs? Standard pricing or variable pricing for dances?
    a year ago
    I could also see rival clubs messing with each other. Whether that's a staff member or dancer.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    The "not enough details" rejection was shortened to its current form to eliminate this particular physical layout complaint. Your review was probably rejected for too few details overall.
  • Array
    a year ago
    @gannamu95: I didn’t dream this up because of a rejected review. I was just annoyed that I was once again writing about the physical layout in addition to the experience. I hadn’t considered the potential “weaponization” aspect. That’s a very good point. Oh, well. Never mind!
  • ww
    a year ago
    ^^^ Wouldn't be concerned about physical layout. If the review has enough good info, it'll get approved. I don't even bother with that anymore and there is no need to even state "the layout is as described previously in other reviews".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion