tuscl

Worsening Exchange Rate

Sunday, July 2, 2023 10:51 PM
Just crossed the border into TI. As usual, before I did, I stopped to exchange $100 in dollars for pesos. The rate is now 16.1 for every dollar, by far the worse I've seen it. Needless to say, this $100 will be my last exchange until the rate improves.

10 comments

• sfrsox
    a year ago
    The clubs take dollars, not pesos, though, right?
  • OPIllini96
    a year ago
    @sfrsox: yes, that's correct. They take either TBH but prefer dollars.
  • PutaTester
    a year ago
    As a result, it is tough to complain about increased session prices, considering the weakness of the US dollar. $2046MX=$120US, compared to when the ratio was about 20:1 and $2046MX=$100.
  • azfriole
    a year ago
    HK is 17 to 1 still. But what I want to know if the dollar rebounds will they drop their prices?...lol
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    ^ They will....as they use an index tied to the official exchange rate.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    The facts are this is not a hobby for cheapskates. Worrying about exchange rates seems akin to worrying the waitress brought you the wrong drink when the bar is burning down
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    it does vary sometimes... The price of pussy.
  • PutaTester
    a year ago
    Actually, some of the girls I have on speed dial I have been seeing for years and we like each other, so I get services for the same price, no matter the exchange rate. It is good to have a solid business relationship.
  • OPIllini96
    a year ago
    I agree, Puta. And also concur that the exchange rate is why prices have gone up. It took a while, but worldwide inflation has reared its ugly head in Mexico.
  • RonJax2
    a year ago
    If you're waiting for the exchange rate to come down, don't hold your breath. The increasing strength of the peso vs. the dollar is part of a year long trend: [view link] Economists expect the trend to continue. There are many reasons, but a primary one is the USMCA (NAFTA replacement signed under Trump) is driving direct foreign investment into Mexico. It's not that the dollar is doing bad (or inflationary pressure), it's that the Peso is just doing really well. [view link] TLDR: expect higher prices in TJ, and book your trip there soon because it's probably only going to get worse.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion