tuscl

Chat GPT writes a review of Follies

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Tuesday, June 13, 2023 12:50 AM
A reviewer recently rejected an unpublished review, commenting that it sounded like it might have been generated by ChatGPT because it lacked specific details. Here's an example of a Chat GT review of Follies (a well known Atlanta club that was closed a few years ago). I thought it might be of interest. If I was reviewing this submission, I would reject it for having too few details. Written by ChatGPT: I recently had the opportunity to visit Follies Gentlemen's Club in Atlanta, GA, and I must say, it was an intriguing experience. Follies is a well-known establishment in the city's adult entertainment scene, and I was curious to see what it had to offer. Here is my review of the club: First and foremost, the ambiance at Follies was impressive. The interior was tastefully decorated with a mix of modern and classic elements, creating an upscale atmosphere. The lighting was dim, which added to the seductive vibe of the venue. The club had a spacious layout with multiple stages, allowing for a variety of performances to take place simultaneously. The dancers at Follies were undoubtedly talented and captivating. They showcased their skills with impressive pole dancing routines and sensual moves. The club boasted a diverse lineup of dancers, each with their unique style and appeal. It was evident that the performers took pride in their craft and delivered engaging performances throughout the night. The staff at Follies were courteous and professional. From the moment I entered, I was greeted with a warm welcome. The waitstaff were attentive and prompt in taking orders. The bartenders were skilled and prepared delicious cocktails that catered to a range of tastes. The overall service was commendable and contributed to a pleasant experience. As for the amenities, Follies had a well-stocked bar offering a wide selection of beverages. The prices were reasonable, considering the upscale nature of the club. The seating arrangements were comfortable, allowing guests to relax and enjoy the performances. The club also had private VIP sections for those seeking a more exclusive experience. One area where Follies could improve is the variety of entertainment beyond the main stage performances. While the dancers were undoubtedly talented, it would have been nice to see additional forms of entertainment, such as live music or guest performers, to provide a more diverse experience for the patrons. Overall, Follies Gentlemen's Club in Atlanta, GA, is an upscale and engaging adult entertainment venue. With its stylish ambiance, talented dancers, and attentive staff, it offers a memorable experience for those seeking an evening of entertainment. While a broader range of entertainment options could enhance the overall experience, Follies remains a popular destination for those looking to enjoy Atlanta's adult nightlife scene.

15 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    ^ wow - that was horrible
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    Yikes. It reads like a generic Yelp review. That could describe almost any strip club, and has fuckall of the information any type of monger wants.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    I suspect that readers of reviews on platforms like Yelp or Google are not nearly as critical of the writing as we are here at TUSCL. Half of the general population are a bunch of dummies that probably wouldn't even recognize this as something computer generated. I wonder how many restaurants are furiously generating glowing reviews for themselves using this Chat bullshit.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    I've rejected articles and some reviews for being AI generated, but only after feeding them through this to get a degree of confirmation: [view link]
  • whodey
    a year ago
    This review has a few phrases I don't think I've seen in any review of Follies. "The interior was tastefully decorated with a mix of modern and classic elements, creating an upscale atmosphere." "considering the upscale nature of the club." "it would have been nice to see additional forms of entertainment, such as live music or guest performers, to provide a more diverse experience for the patrons."
  • Frankcastle
    a year ago
    "I made a jaunty venture to that carnival of erudite fun, Follies. Dear reader, you will not believe the lurid debauchery! The most whimsical damsel offered to put my William into her Mary!" This reads like that Simpsons episode where Homer misremembers how his drunken behavior came across. Homer; 'I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!' Man; 'Well said.' (Homer pranks a guest with a fake fly ice cube) Man; 'A fly?!' Homer; 'I put it there.' Man; 'You did?' Homer; 'I slipped it in.' Guests in unanimity; 'Pure hilarity! -Pure Homer! The most whimsical jape of the season!'
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    Follies was a lot of things, but tasteful was not one of them.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    "While the dancers were undoubtedly talented, it would have been nice to see additional forms of entertainment." Follies did just fine with the additional forms of entertainment.
  • EastCoaster
    a year ago
    As a relatively-frequent-but-non-local customer of Follies from 1999 until they closed, I really got a kick out of reading this. I laughed out loud at the suggestion about adding live music. And Follies or not, does any actual human being ever use the expression "delicious cocktails"??
  • Array
    a year ago
    I had been to Follies only twice. But, I’d say the only thing it got right was “…a memorable experience.”
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    No remark about shadowcat's corner. :)
  • gobstopper007
    a year ago
    If the review talks about extras like wiping the hard drive or updating software, probably AI.
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    Pertaining to Follies, you know it’s ChatGPT when the raviewer doesn’t complain about leaving with condoms stuck to the bottom of his shoe or how he got a Billy Joel for 75.
  • sfrsox
    a year ago
    /checks "Not Enough Details" box.
  • RiskA
    a year ago
    Passes the “too explicit” gauntlet, however; so Chatbot gets a free month of data input LOL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion