tuscl

Happy US teacher appreciation week 2023!

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Monday, May 8, 2023 3:56 PM
Thank you, teachers… “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.” ~ Marian Wright Edelman ~ Born June 6, 1939 Bennettsville, South Carolina, U.S. ~ Educatio Spelman College (BA), Yale University (LLB)

6 comments

• Mate27
    a year ago
    I applaud the public school teachers from K-12. They are the people we should thank for their service, but not those fucking college professors or anyone post high school. Those people are ROBs (rip off bitches) cloaked in moral superiority which is bullshit. Overpaid ass clowns!
  • SanchoRG
    a year ago
    K-12 is a shit job IMO. Low pay, out of pocket classroom expense, nightmare kids. Un-engaged or worse parents. Worthless admins skimming the budget and leaving little behind. No Child Left Behind is complete shit. Schools exempt from OSHA laws (why??). Entire industry relies on people who see it as a 'calling' and can overlook the shit pay and bad situation. Even they get ground down over time. I know we've all seen countless youtube videos of teachers getting assaulted etc. Just for thought, if you were to pay a babysitter minimum wage while you went away to work, it would be around $75 including commute etc. Take a classroom full of 30 kids and any teenage babysitter would charge $2,250 a day. A sub makes what $100? Teacher maybe 2.5x that? If teachers are just glorified babysitters these days, pay them like one!
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    "Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." The American Education is a system of imposed ignorance. However there are some students and teachers that know that and escape from the imposed ignorance and learn valuable lessons and knowledge to improve the quality of life of others and do leave their communities and the world better than they found it. :D
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    Both of my parents were public school teachers. It's not a bad job. They had three months off every summer like I did when I was in school. Like most government jobs there is pretty good job security. You have to be pretty incompetent to get fired. The pay is decent. My parents incomes added together put my family into the upper middle class. We had neighbors like doctors, architects and judges. At the end of their careers, they got a government pension. The main drawback is unruly students. My parents managed to get jobs in suburban schools where the students were pretty well behaved.
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    "If you look behind every exceptional person there is an exceptional teacher." - Stephen William Hawking ~ Born 8 January 1942 Oxford, England ~ Died 14 March 2018 Cambridge, England ~ Education University College, Oxford (BA) Trinity Hall, Cambridge (PhD)
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    ^^ yeah, they’re called parents and elementary or K-12 public school teachers, and not those leaches called professors in post secondary/college and universities. Those in “higher learning” are more or less posing higher scams. I categorize professors as one of those least trustworthy professions like lawyers, real estate agents, and financial advisors. Professors are the scum of education. Not all, but definitely the majority of them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion