tuscl

Dens of Rip off Bitches

Friday, May 5, 2023 1:50 AM
Politically correct term , hustle hutters. What were your experiences if you ever walked into a den of ROB’s Did you leave immediately? Did you try to convert them, reform them, have them see the light? Did you try to convey to them, that “I’m different, I’m a better type of customer, I can the change” Or did you just keep on a trucking as usual and pay exorbitant fees for little to zero service? Or maybe did you get all ghetto and sassy and shut it all down ?

15 comments

• Muddy
    a year ago
    And if not ROB technically maybe some vultures in there too although the two are not mutually exclusive.
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    I get angry. And when I get angry, I am NOT fun to be around. So it's best that I just leave the place. Go cool down somewhere. I'm not going to make a scene at the time because I don't want to get THROWN out. I will pay what I have to. Then leave.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I would assume most of us are experienced-enough and TUSCLarly-educated enough to stick to the clubs that suit-us, and avoid the ones that don’t (e.g. ROB-clubs; low-ROI-clubs; etc). A club w/ ROBs one would usually consider a low-ROI club where “the juice is usually not worth the squeeze”. w.r.t. the options given in the OP; 9 times out of 10 I’d leave – in some “corner cases” a club may have something about it I may want/like; in that “corner case” my M.O. is to try to preempt a ROB-episode (i.e. never paying upfront; telling them upfront to let me know every time they (dancer) starts a new song; verifying the dance-price upfront; etc) – this is particularly important w.r.t. to my dancer-sampling/variety SCing-style were I increase my “ROB exposure” by getting w/ many different dancers and not really going thru the more time-consuming vetting-process. Once I became TUSCLarl-educated I refused to pay a ROB unless it was exceedingly extenuating circumstances – not saying that my method is the right one; but I just can’t live w/ a ROB putting-one-over-on-me. Although infrequent; there’s been times I’ve been told by staff to pay the ROB or leave (even in clubs where I would have o/w stayed) – I just moseyed on down the road w/ my PL-ego (more) intact.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    You usually don't know that you've stumbled into such a perilous situation until you've at least invested some time in the place. So I've never left immediately, but once I figure out that's where I am I do leave. And if it's a local place, I don't go back any time soon. I've never tried to convert a ROB stripper, I've given a small number a second chance but I can't recall a single instance where that proved to be a wise decision. If there's an entire club full of them, it's obviously working for them. You might as well tell scrub it's not a shill review, or ldk not to jizz in his pants.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    I'm not sure that I've ever encountered an entire crew full of "ROBs." But yes, I've been in some tourist trap clubs where everything seemed geared towards relieving a dude of as much cash as possible in a short period of time. This includes not only the behavior of the girls, but the club staff as well. The clubs in Vegas are probably the worst I've ever seen, to the point where I won't even club there anymore. But I've also come across these types of places in NYC, L.A. and New Orleans (Bourboun St.). The hallmarks of these places are almost always the same: High entry fees, exorbitant drink prices and girls running a variety of quick strike hustles. When you've been doing this as long as I (and many others here) have, you pick up a 6th sense that tells you before too long that you're in a place like this I rarely get upset over semi-naked girls trying to earn a living. But that's easy for me since my natural style of clubbing serves to counter the worst potential abuses. I am very selective about where and when I end up in a back room, often preferring to tip barside and at the stage over time. Most high octane hustlers move on to other targets pretty quickly once the figure out that I'm not a quick score. So I enjoy the eye candy for a little bit, leave before too long and write if off as a one-and-done.
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    You know, in the majority of my strip club going career I’ve rarely went into a club without reading the raviews on here first, so I usually knew what to expect before walking in save for a few clubs that only had a few raviews. Therefore when it came to places known as clip joints I usually knew they were before I walked in the door. One that stands out to me in my memory is in New Orleans. Almost every raview mentioned what a rip off the club was and out of boredom I went to a few clubs there that night. This very attractive and seemingly very down to earth stripper was hustling me hard and I kept turning down her vip advances and instead just had some drinks and watched the stage show. I could see how easily some random PL that didn’t know jack about strip clubs could get fleeced. I’d also second Rick as New Orleans and NYC have to be 2 of the worst rip off cities in general. I certainly accept the Vegas argument as well.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    In my one trip to Vegas the Vegas strip clubs seemed high cost and high pressure compared to my local Indianapolis strip clubs. They know they might not see you ever again, so the goal is to extract the maximum amount of money in the minimum amount of time. In non-tourist cities like Indianapolis most of the customers are locals who they see over and over again. It pays to treat customers fairly in order to encourage repeat business. I've known strippers who have gone from tourist to non-tourist towns and vice versa and it's hard to make the transition because they have to change ingrained habits.
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    ^When I (rarely) strip club in Vegas I drive myself there and if asked say I moved to Vegas six months ago and am now a local.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    I very rarely visit strip clubs other than my local ones, if they exhibit rip off behavior I have plenty of options doesn’t matter to me to remove one from my itinerarie
  • Pussylicker2
    a year ago
    I don't allow myself to be robbed. This means I never submit to mandatory valet parking, because the club can refuse to give you your keys unless you pay the rob. Of course don't pay the dancer in advance. At a club in tampa you had to pay in advance so I did. Once back there she demanded her "tip" in advance. I got up and walked out with her following me saying "you paid $20". I told the bouncer i was robbed, and he actually geve me
  • Pussylicker2
    a year ago
    gave me my money back, which i used to tip other dancers.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    Pre-internet, I stumbled into clip joints on three occasions. I quickly figured out what was going on. It still cost me. I learned from each experience.
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    I think the only way a club or dancer that is exclusively ROB can survive is if the customers patronize them. I think some of the higher end clubs are the ones to avoid as those would probably be most suitable for this type of business. A place full of whales that just throw their money away and don’t seem to care about it. Kind of enabling in a way.
  • Subraman
    a year ago
    A lot of the bay area guys have been calling New Century Theater a den of ROBs for years. Most of the PLs just got the word and stay away.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Talking about ROBs - check out how some newbie got financially-raped at tourist-trap Tootsies Miami in today's (Su 5/7/23) posted Tootsies review - sad AF (and he's not even sure he got ROBed - SMDH)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion