tuscl

They never let up.

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Thursday, March 9, 2023 9:12 AM
The "King of Eight Mile" in Detroit has long been a target. Looks like the feds finally got him. This is seen as a warning to other Detroit club owners. "We'll get you on something, probably big enough to put you out of business." [view link]

10 comments

• Muddy
    a year ago
    Long live the king. Im coming on a paywall can anyone copy and paste it?
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    "alleged illegal lap dance violations". That sounds like the most pathetic, trumped-up charge conceivable. As a Chicago native, I undertand the logic of imprisoning Al Capone for tax evasion; but illegal lap dances, really?
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    Alan Markovitz. I ran into him a few times over the years. Always felt like I should go thank him or pay his bar tab for making Detroit clubs so great. Actually got some lapdances from some of the girls in his Topless Prophet series.
  • longjohn81
    a year ago
    Let the man live his life!!! There’s actually legitimate threats to our safety that the Feds could be focusing on…. And don’t fuck up the Detroit (suburban at least) strip club scene. We got a great thing going here lol
  • silkypants
    a year ago
    [view link] Different link though this is really the only other news source picking up the story. This doesn't appear to be related to the business I care most about. :) Markovitz is accused of helping former business partner Ron Szolack lie to federal agents during a bank fraud investigation into the short sales of luxury homes. Szolack, 55, of Lighthouse Point, Fla., has pleaded guilty, Markovitz is expected to plead guilty and both face up to five years in federal prison, according to federal court filings. Markovitz was scheduled to plead guilty Feb. 23 in Detroit, but the hearing was canceled due to inclement weather and will be rescheduled.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    “but the hearing was canceled due to inclement weather and will be rescheduled” WTF? This is Michigan. More pussification of America. The Chinese are gonna kick our asses in 3 years or less.
  • Uprightcitizen
    a year ago
    This guy makes our lifestyle and should be held in high regard. Don't hate him because he is successful. On a related note I swear I saw him while traveling on the 23rd in a Delta sky club. I almost said "hey" but thought best to leave him be.
  • TxVegas
    a year ago
    The picture with Kenny cracks me up. Kenny’s outfits in the club were something to behold.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    a year ago
    Such a great time to club in Detroit. I miss those days
  • TheElmerFudd
    a year ago
    I wonder if this is going to negatively affect the clubs he owns
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion