tuscl

Cigars, why do clubs allow them?

sfrsox
I love boobies
Last few times, both to great POmpano Clubs, Cheetah and Booby Trap, there's one guy in each who just smokes and smokes and smokes. I can't get in the mood for fun. The smell is just so overpowering. Sometimes you can leave to another part of the club, but these are so popular it's hard to find a seat. Other than the guy smoking, it's worse for everyone else. Why do they allow this.

Smoke your fatty on your own time. You don't look cool. You're just making it worse for others (Maybe that's your intent)

I'd honesty would rather have pot (but obviously no can do in FL)

12 comments

• Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Because it's part of the "manly" experience of a "Gentlemans Club" where there are no women and children telling men they can't smoke cigars.
  • DickyDoo2
    2 years ago
    If you do not like the smoke then go to a club that has a no smoking policy. I really get tired of PL bitching about smoking. It is a free country last I checked.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ All clubs in SoFlo allow smoking - this is something usually regulated by the city or county not by the club. Most cities around the country have banned indoor-smoking in clubs but da-dirty-South still allows it
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    For most non-smokers it sucks ti have to breath-in that shit and in-a-way be forced to smoke with the smokers and often walk-out smelling like an ashtray - the stink gets on the dancers also and one can smell it on their hair when they're grinding with their back to u and close to ur face - also last time I checked second-hand-smoke was a health-hazard - if they are gonna allow smoking it should be in a separate-area/room so non-smokers are not forced to breathe that shit in - "your right to swing your fist stops at my nose" i.e. "your right to smoke" shouldn't be at the expense of those that do not.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I've never been a smoker thus l'd prefer a non-smoking venue - I can tolerate it in most clubs but not so-much if someone is right next to me; and some cigs/cigars def stink a lot more than others to me as a non-smoker - but over-the-years I've been in some-club were I felt like I was chocking from so many smokers in the club.

I know smokers that won't smoke in their homes or car yet feel it's their right to stink up an indoor-venue.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I grew up with parents that smoked and always found it nasty.

When in the club and a dancer approaches me with cig in hand or mouth I turn her down 99% of the time bc I'm just turned-off by it.
  • Specialj
    2 years ago
    Roughly 20 years ago they passed a law in Florida (I’m not sure if it is nationwide) where smoking is only permitted in restaurants, bars/clubs where less than 10% of the sales are from sale of food.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I quit smoking about five years ago and I find some clubs overwhelming with smokers, I usually just ignore them unless they sit right next to me and start blowing smoke at me then I ask them to blowout the other way, I’ve not had any problems with them as long as I ask nicely
  • aham5
    2 years ago
    I enjoy a nice cigar. Completely understand why many don't like to be around it.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    I quit smoking 20 years ago, and do not miss the relentless cigarette smoke that was canceled after the indoor smoking ban in WA state. But I love cigar smoke, at least when I’m watching a bullfight. It’s just a total man man thing… watch bulls die, then drink booze and eat meat, then fuck sluts and drink more. A cigar fits perfectly into that evening.

That said, I only come across this smell in a outdoor arena, and I’m not at bullfights too often these days. I’d probably hate it in a SC, but it never happens here so I’ll probably never know.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    I've never seen a club that doesn't allow cigars if they allow cigarettes. It seems to be either completely no smoking or you can smoke whatever is legal. Most clubs only bad smoking if the city/county/state they are in bans it by law. I only remember one club years ago that banned it without being required to and that was just because the old guy that ran the club had severe breathing problems and smoke made it worse.

I've never been a smoker but grew up in a house where both parents smoked and the smell has driven me nuts ever since I got out of their house when I went to college. Until then I guess I was just used to it as a kid. Ever since then I prefer to go to non-smoking businesses if possible. If I can't find a non-smoking option in the area I am in I can usually deal with it, but there have been clubs that the smoke smell was so bad I had to leave right after I got there.

If a business wants to allow smoking, and the law in the area allows it, that is their choice to make. It is also my choice to not do any business in a place that allows it.

I really wish places that allow it would at least spend the money to put a decent ventilation/filtration system in place to minimize the smell and health effects, it would likely pay for itself after a while by increasing the number of non-smoking customers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion