tuscl

Funny Math

blahblahblah23
>:( šŸ§ššŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ’ƒšŸ¼ busy being a "psycho bitch" šŸ¤£
Thursday, January 12, 2023 8:19 PM
I remember seeing a couple of times you guys saying something about funny math. Here is one example for you. I'm on a website shopping around, and it says the price of something is $24.95 or 2 for $54. LOL

8 comments

• Electronman
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    I call this a tax on the mathematically impaired!
  • skibum609
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    At our spring bash in 1978 we sold beers for .25 cents a beer of 3 for a dollar. In true Umass spirit, everyone went for the 3 for a buck. The guy who thought up this idea is the only person I have ever met that lives on the Ocean and has a second home, also on the ocean.
  • Mate27
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    ^^ of course heā€™s the only guy you ever met like that, because youā€™re too busy working with ritarded people who donā€™t have their shit together and reading their bank statements of doom! You swim in a murky pond, while the rest of us swim in pristine waters, but pond is good for you. SkiDumb!!
  • whodey
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    That's strip club math, right up there with clubs offering dances at $30/song or 3/$100.
  • loper
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    I heard that a burger joint removed their 1/3 pound burger from the menu because people thought it was smaller than a 1/4 pound. Pathetic.
  • loper
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    Yes, whodey. That's exactly Club Millennium's price list.
  • JamesSD
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    Yeah the way to market 1/3 pound burger is as a double, since a "normal" burger is usually about 1/6 a pound.
  • CJKent_band
    ā€¢
    2 years ago
    @blahblahblah23 I will play along and comment on your discussion. The Funny Math you are referring to is the result of the ā€œMarketing industryā€ in our capitalist system/society that encourages and cultivates behaviors and mindsets that are completely at odds with common sense and basic math. This kind of ā€œmarketingā€ creates desire, and at the same time fuels dissatisfaction and overconsumption, overpaying and encourages people to buy more products mindlessly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion