tuscl

Heisman Award is Tonight.

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Saturday, December 10, 2022 12:26 PM
What happened to the days of this award going to the best running back ? All four Finalists this year are QBs. The Ohio State QB was the early season favorite but seemed to fade late in the season. The USC QB was the late season favorite but had a dud of a game against Utah. In all fairness, I think he was hurt. You have the TCU QB that may not be the most talented but has a lot of heart and courage. But there doesn't seem to be the same respect for the Big 12 teams. Then you have the QB from Georgia. He's something like 24-1 as a starter. Who gets the award tonight ? My vote goes to Duggan from TCU.

10 comments

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Dugan or Williams
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I don’t watch a lot of random games outside of the Big 10 but from what I’ve seen Caleb Williams from USC is pretty impressive
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    “What happened to the days of this award going to the best running back ?” In order to get the best recruits the college game had to evolve into the minor leagues for the NFL. No more wishbone. They had to go spread offense and it’s been good for the game. It is evolved and elevated.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    It's become the same as the NFL where "Most Valuable Player" in reality means "Most Valuable Quarterback"
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Aside from the game against Utah Williams out at USC has been the best. Georgia just has a stacked team and while Bennett is a high quality qb I don't see him as elite, I think a lot of qbs could go 24-1 on that team. Stroud has been solid at OSU but he lacks the mobility and rushing ability that is almost necessary these days to be an elite qb. I haven't watched enough of TCU to really know much about Duggan but the couple of games I have seen him play he was impressive and the 3,300 yards with 30 td to 4 int Stat line is great. In the end Williams has the best stats wth 4,000 yards passing, 47 combined touchdowns (37 pass 10 rush) and only 4 int and to me he has looked the best when it comes to the eye test of being the best. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win it.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Caleb Williams , USC, wins it. The kid must have expected to win since he wrote a very long acceptance speech.
  • PredragDr
    2 years ago
    Caleb is also the favorite to go #1 in the 2024 draft.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Has the award become somewhat less relevant? I’m asking as a guy who isn’t that interested in college football. I’m just wondering if it’s still as big of an honor as it was years ago?
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I would think it is significantly more relevant now. College players can now get NIL money. A Heisman is probably worth a few hundred thousand. And it's all legit now.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Thanks Warrior! It’s a direct benefit to the player financially. That’s an aspect I hadn’t thought of.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion