tuscl

Would you kill yourself or go to prison?

The age old dilemma. If you were facing say 10 years plus, or even life, with a high likelihood of conviction but an outside chance of acquittal would you overdose on pills the night before the verdict or roll thd dice? What if you were convicted and sent there and someone offered to provide you with cyanide or some lethal drug and you were facing say 20 to life. Would you take it? BTW I can't imagine most inmates couldn't get lethal drugs if they have enough ramen soups or other prison currency if they can get every other drug. So why live in there when you could end it? Would age,length of sentence, charge, etc, be a factor? Why don't more people sent to those hells on earth just end it? I think I would.

53 comments

• NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    People with strong enough willpower can successfully complete a 10, 20 (etc) year prison sentence without having to kill themselves. You learn how to "assimilate" to the prison culture, and if you're savvy, you will actually make use of your time in prison learning different crafts, finding new hobbies that could possibly be lucrative once you get out, etc.

I've had a few cousins go to prison for murder; one (an older one) was technically a minor at the time, so just a couple years ago after serving like 30 years, he got out. He is an extremely gifted artist and a great person. I'm happy to have met him and he has integrated into regular society just fine.

Many people "rebuild" their lives in prison when they are facing long time. They have prison families, loved ones, ways of life, etc. If you can adapt, you could live a meaningful life inside of prison.

That being said, US prisons are inhumane and easily one of the most depressing places in America.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    China Donnie will have to face this exact question in the next couple years!

Judging by an array of legal experts weighing in for the past few months, it appears he will get at least 7-8 years in a federal pen for violating the Espionage Act alone for stealing top secret documents. Plus, it's highly likely he'll get charged with obstruction as well, which is another 4-5 years at minimum. We haven't even discussed the high likelihood of a guilty verdict in the Georgia election interference case, which could be another 3-5 years for that, but who knows if can run concurrent with his federal sentence? I ain't no lawyer so I can't discuss it competently.

Given that Scumbag Don is already 76, and his parents lived until their late 80's, then it appears Ole Dumpy will likely die in prison. At the very least, he will have full blown Alzheimer's and be functionally useless once he's eligible for paroled release. So you have to ask yourself, is it worth it to spend your last remaining years inside a concrete cell, or just make peace with God and go out on your own terms? The sad part is that China Don will be sent to a minimum security prison, and likely have certain privileges like TV, phone, and maybe even internet! So it might not be as tough as many would like, and I certainly would love to see him thrown into general population and see if he can handle real tough guys for once in his life instead of all the fake tough guys like Roger Stone and Steve Bannon who are just obese, pathetic beta cucks with loud mouths and small dicks.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I once had a stripper regular whose brother got sent to prison. She said he thought it wasn't that bad because you got "two hots and a cot". We tend to look at things from a middle-class perspective and see prison life as awful and make strenuous attempts to avoid being sent there but the type of people who actually go to prison often come from deprived backgrounds and don't see it as a big drop from their normal standard of living.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    When did this become an age-old dilemma...?

Between this and the dozens of other crazy-pants things that bounce around in your head, you must be a real joy at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "I ain't no lawyer so I can't discuss it competently."

Trucidos, not being able to say anything intelligent on a matter has never stopped you.

I'd come out having written several books. I could care less for chess or spades or most common prison amusements. Writing and lifting is already a good day to me.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "Writing and lifting is already a good day to me"

That's probably one of the few things we can agree on, Tetra-Fagg. If a born loser like Small Hands Donnie can go into prison as an obese numbskull and come out 10 years later 50 lbs. lighter and claim he knows things about quantum physics and modern CPU design, then it's a win-win for him and society at large. My hopes for that are rapidly dwindling after seeing his recent rally speeches. The early signs of Alzheimer's are quite apparent, and it affected his Daddy right around the same age he is now.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    There’s a bunch of Tik Tok videos out there that make it seem not so bad - the way Doc Savage described it.

Food seems to be atrocious and unless you have money for the commissary you go hungry

I think a big decision is to join a gang or not join a gang. One video I saw said don’t join, keep your head down and you’ll be ok.

But TV and movies seem to imply you need to join a team for protection

• Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "I think a big decision is to join a gang or not join a gang. One video I saw said don’t join, keep your head down and you’ll be ok"

It all depends on your crime and whether you get sent to a minimum or maximum security prison.

I read Michael Cohen's recent book "Revenge" and he was sent to a min. security facility in Otisville, NY. His biggest concerns were dealing with the lack of AC on hot days and lack of heat on cold days. Also dealing with flies and wasps coming into his cell through an open window. It was basically a place where 99% of the population is boring white guys convicted of white collar crimes. Just do the time and get out. No worries about joining gangs and getting shanked in the shower.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "That's probably one of the few things we can agree on, Tetra-Fagg."

Trolling TUSCL isn't writing, Trucidos.

Trump wasn't even the topic of this thread but you felt the need to indulge your little fetish. I get the feeling you'd like to RP guard and prisoner with him and get a little kinky...
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @Nina he's a great person but he took someone else's life? If he wasn't tried as an adult, how did he get a 30 year sentence to begin with?
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Since suicide is the ultimate act of cowardice I have no doubt the OP would kill herself. Cowards always take the easy way out.

Prisons are inhumane and depressing? Yes, they reflect the useless vermin inside. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Thick .5 incher would be bent over a cot squealing like the little piggy he is less than 10 minutes into his prison stint and would look forward to the same every day. Biggest douchebag on earth. Hope ya choke on a turkey leg Thursday, bitch.

The artist murderer was, is and always will be a piece of shit.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Well I guess the first thought would be that I should be responsible enough to not do something that would lead to prison, but I have known several people who have been to prison and most of them were for white collar crimes. Most of these people were intelligent, successful and somewhat responsible, but may have just been arrogant enough to think they could beat the system, and they all lost that bet.

I’ve also known people who have committed suicide and family members of suicide victims, that’s a burden I would never want to put on my loved ones. Now if I was old and in great pain from a non-treatable illness and my loved ones were already gone, yeah I’d consider being euthanized.

Let’s say that tomorrow I get into a car wreck and kill 3 people and I get some sort of manslaughter charge and end up having to serve 2 years in prison. I’d take my charge like a man and go do it. Suicide would not be an option although the guilt of taking 3 lives would be a very huge burden.

Lastly - don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    This is Dave’s Dilemma he isn’t sure if he wants to plead guilty to being stupid or if being stupid is really a defense so he comes up with idiotic conundrums
    Dave put your tinfoil hat back on my people (The Jews) are tracking you with their space lasers. That’s the true purpose behind Elons company Space X.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @cmi: "When did this become an age-old dilemma...?"

My thoughts exactly.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    From a Libertarian point of view, I'm very skeptical of the gubment telling people what they can or can't do with their own life, including taking it. If you want to help someone, help them with what's making them not want to live, don't force them to continue enduring it.

There are people who'd put us all in jail for participating in human trafficking. That's why mass incarceration exists in the US. Most white people think it could never happen to them.

I just hope it's something I never have to deal with. Not sure what I'd do.
  • sinclair
    2 years ago
    I knew a stripper who was in this exact situation. She robbed several people to support a drug habit. She took her grandfather's pistol and shot herself in the head rather than go to prison. Based on what she did, she probably would have had a short sentence, but she did not want to go to a women's prison. This also brought up a dilemma for her family after the suicide. How do you celebrate the life of someone who killed themself? They did not have a closed casket funeral, but a celebration of life and just cremated her.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The goal of private prisons is to make money. Money off the gov. Off of prisoners.

The profit motive plays a rile everything. Including sentencing. It's a completely corrupt system and the DAs challenging it are heroes.

That said. The aim of American prisons has never been to reform. It's been to punish. And like most things stems from religion. The point was to lick people up so they have nothing better to do than ponder their sins and pray for forgiveness.

As is. Prisons make for repeat offenders and add to the homelessness epidemic.

Some of you might commit suicide though. Racist white boys don't do well there.

If I was facing prison time I'd become a prison activist.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ I would remind you that pimping, pandering, beating women, and grand theft are all felonies, and lying and manipulating women aren't necessarily felonies but acts of a piece of shit regardless.
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "Prisons make for repeat offenders and add to the homelessness epidemic"

I hope we someday have laws that prohibit employers from NOT hiring people because of felony convictions, except for heinous crimes like murder and child molestation.

Why does a person have to be denied a job just because they sold some weed or fudged their taxes? Let them get some gainful employment so they don't have to fall back into crime just to be able to get some food so they don't starve to death.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Death or prison? Prison.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Criminal recidivism is high because of archaic and arguably unconstitutional laws that punish innocent people. They've done their time. Once in the re entry population they're innocent of any wrongdoing
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    Prison is my choice. I have lots of skill's so surviving in prison would not be hard for me.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “Once in the re entry population they're innocent of any wrongdoing”

Are just trolling or just being silly? Criminal history is just one factor employees look at when screening candidates. Your prior employment history and education are not purged away when applying for your next job - why should your criminal record?
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    "@Nina he's a great person but he took someone else's life? If he wasn't tried as an adult, how did he get a 30 year sentence to begin with?"

He was tried as an adult. Some loop-hole in the laws allowed him to be released since he was a minor at the time of the crime, from what my mom told me. I don't know the details, because growing up, all I knew was that he was my cousin (my mom's first cousin), and got a life sentence for a double homicide so I thought I'd never meet him. Then he ended up getting released a few years ago.

Since you're so interested, as a teenager he got involved in some gang activity and was given an ultimatum: kill a rival gang member, or they were going to murder his entire family. So, he shot the guy's house up and killed him as well as accidentally killing the dude's wife/gf/whatever. It happened. He is not an evil person, he is in fact a good person. Idk, maybe it's possible that someone can change in 30 years. 🤷‍♀️
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    I'm in favor of "banning the box" i.e. preventing an employer from excluding due to past convictions unless it's something directly relevant to their fitness as a job, like a child abuser put into a child care position. I'd restore voting rights too after you've repaid your debt to society.

Lack of employment opportunities keeps them trapping, drugs sell themselves. Better opportunities within reason will reduce recidivism rates.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Nina he could have gone to the cops over that threat but its seen as uncool and snitching and more in that culture. You don’t actually have to follow that ultimatum. Theres a bunch of high school kids who think that sort of lifestyle is cool and it also promotes the cycle of attacking cops for fun then complaining about oppression and racism etc.

“Criminal recidivism is high because of archaic and arguably unconstitutional laws that punish innocent people. They've done their time. Once in the re entry population they're innocent of any wrongdoing”

The idea of they did their time so theyre innocent doesn’t hold up, george floyd got 4 years in prison for doing an armed robbery where he held a gun to someones head to rob a few thousand. He then continued a lifetime of stealing because he was taking advantage of a very lenient system. In countries like Saudi Arabia where they chop the hands off for stealing, shopkeepers can leave their businesses unlocked while going to prayer etc. you wont see many george floyds there.

Repeat criminal activity obviously occurs because they’re given the opportunity to repeat the criminal activity. If you do 4 years time for an armed robbery, you’re innocent under the law if that’s all the lenient law requires, you aren’t innocent morally. Also floyd could have been legally shot by the victim, or a bystander, or a cop during that armed robbery. But nobody had a gun there, so he survived, then got a measly 4 years prison which is extremely lenient for the crime.

• Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "In countries like Saudi Arabia where they chop the hands off for stealing, shopkeepers can leave their businesses unlocked while going to prayer etc. you wont see many george floyds there"

Just remember all this when China Don gets a harsh sentence for stealing top secret documents that compromised national security. I keep tabs on all you hypocrite rightie pieces of shit, so we'll see what kind of response you post after the hammer drops on Stealin' Donnie. Gut feeling tells me you'll be crying about how "unfair" his sentence is, and it'll just prove my point about right-wing hypocrisy yet again.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^You wanting to suck Donald's cock and swallow his cum is what is obvious.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I'm not against second chances, but when I interview a prospect for a job, I want the opportunity to ask relevant questions, their prior criminal history is relevant, and I'll use my best judgement when hiring, of course if a person is interviewing for a job as a bookkeeper and has a prior history of embezzling from a previous employer that's information I need or if the prospect has a history of DUI and one of the requirements, is the ability to drive a company vehicle, or has a history of assault, I'd be negligent if that wasn't taken into consideration before he had a disagreement with a co-worker, the reasons go on and there are disclosures that are owed before an employment offer can be made. Do you get the point.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @Nina yeah 2 years seems like more than enough under those circumstances. But you and your mom might want to be a little bit wary of him. He might have gotten out for flipping on other people, and made up the part about being forced to do it. Maybe was in one of those neighborhoods where it feels safer to join a gang than stay out of it. Certainly true that people can change if they want to, especially given enough time. But lots don´t want to change. Often people can seem good, but have bad, hidden motives for wanting to be seen as being good.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Skibitch are you David?

And a criminal past is irrelevant once someone has served their time. Thats the Pont of imprisonment and release.

• motorhead
    2 years ago
    Icee,

No that’s so wrong. Sure, it probably doesn’t matter if I’m interviewing a guy who had a conviction for selling weed at 19!years old, but i I don’t want a guy convicted of insider trading for my CFO
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    "@Nina yeah 2 years seems like more than enough under those circumstances."

Who got two years?

"But you and your mom might want to be a little bit wary of him. He might have gotten out for flipping on other people,"

He served 30 years. I think if he were going to "flip" (ie snitch on someone), he would not have hung out in prison for 30 years for fun just waiting decades to spill the beans. Ya know, usually when people snitch, it's to get out of prison time or get a lesser sentence. People don't just dedicate 30 years of their lives in prison and then spontaneously decide to snitch on someone who is most likely either dead or incarcerated themselves by then, in which case after such a long time there wouldn't be much info to snitch about, therefore there would be literally no reason to snitch on someone after 30 years.

"and made up the part about being forced to do it."

This is not made up. This is a well known fact in our family that was established during his court proceedings. It is was happened.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Oops sorry, I read it wrong, thought you were saying he was sentenced to thirty years, but got out after a couple of years.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icee humans aren’t perfect when it comes to lawmaking.
    Your argument massively overrates humans abilities and morals apparently.
    If someone gets 4 years prison time for an armed robbery, that obviously doesn’t mean he’s innocent. The law needs to change.
    Laws and legal punishments have nothing to do with morals. Nobody should be getting in trouble for using any kind of drugs at the same time nobody should be getting 4 years for armed robbery.
    Its very arrogant to say humans know everything and have discovered everything
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Motorhead once you do your time and re enter civil society you're innocent. You've done your punishment.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Making it a life sentence and taking away their ability to function in society helps no one
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Someone gets convicted they’re not innocent.
    You come out with the stupidest inane statements
    We know you’re not serious but boy you’re a dope.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icee it sounds like you’re saying someone should be forgiven if they serve their time? That’s extremely debatable especially if you’re talking about murder, assaults, armed robberies, theft, rape, etc.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    20fag. After serving your time. You're no.longer a criminal. To keep that burden over someone is basically like giving them a life sentence. Legally once you re enter society you're just like anyone else.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Unless you’ve received a pardon, you are a convicted person, in most states you can’t vote without being reinstated you can ague from now till the cows come home it won’t make you right
    Idiot
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    An age old dilemma? Wtf?

I think the OP has a different view of what others consider an age old dilemma.

The age old dilemmas I have considered would be - the chicken and the egg, ketchup or mustard - or both, who farted?
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Why drink decaf?

Do folks who drink decaf also drink alcohol free beer?
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Don't fuck with old people. The older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    20fag as usual you have no understanding of what you're talking about. It's about state and local ordinances many of which contradict federal law.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Cim I proved you wrong about id's and privacy. Now fuck off dumb troll
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    No, you really didn't. But I'm fine with you believing that if it gives you an endorphin rush.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Of course I did anyone can read it.

Now go troll someone else
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Once you do your time you're free. Unfortunately many states have archaic laws denying the re entry population their civil rights. Fortunately these laws are being done away with. Much the same way archaic Sodomy laws have no place in today's society
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    "The older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent"

I'm convinced that's why China Donnie does all the crooked shit he does. The world of business is too confusing for him, and so is politics.

He'd rather sit in a cushy cell with a TV and internet access and know the only thing he has to worry about that day is what kind of racist drivel he can send out in a Tweet and what kind of processed meat is being served in the cafeteria. Make life simple, and Ole Bone Spurs is happy.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Icee just lives for being sodomized. Once you are convicted of a crime, you are a criminal forever. If you served your time, you are a criminal who has served their time and certainly not like other people who weren't and aren't criminals. China Donnie lol. Xi just slapped Biden's face and left him looking like the progressive loser he is. .5 inch and Icee - Dumb and dumbest.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icee you dirty monkey of course youre free once you do your time it doesnt mean that the punishment was appropriate or that you are innocent of doing anything wrong. Its not a religious punishment where youre punished for removing the sins.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion