tuscl

Favorite Cities in North America, minus strip clubs

A lot of us are familiar with some of TUSCL's favorite strip club cities, where perhaps without the strip club element might make for radically different list. Infact some of America's most popular cities on the TUSCL don't club there no matter what list. I understand living somewhere and visting are two different thing so just as far as quick visiting what are some of your guys favorite cities to check out?

My list I'll do 10 not saying you have to. Don't hold me to the order.

1. San Diego- The closest you get to paradise in the US. The best looking area and climate that any city is in, in the states. I just love SD. This is how people should live.

2. Los Angeles- I don't like the direction it's going in, but there is still so much shit to do here. For LA and NYC people may not realize just how much bigger scale these two are then everywhere else, it's not really a 1:1 comparison. You'd have to double a big ass metro Chicagoland and you wouldn't even get an NYC or LA. Los Angeles would be #1 on my strip club city list, so I'm a fan.

3. New York City- I'm from the area and I'm a little been there done that sort of feeling with me sort of burn out feeling but there's still just nothing like it in America. There's an energy here, idk how to explain but it but you just can't it get anywhere else.

4. San Francisco- The best looking city in North America and quite frankly it's not even close. Every street you look down or up at is picturesque as fuck...uh except the tenderloin don't look that way.

5. Chicago- I think maybe the best food city in America and really it's fairly obvious it's the crown jewel of the midwest. But crime is real issue here that's making it lose it's luster.

6. Boston- I love Boston, real safe too. A lot of culture here.

7. Montreal- Every girl is beautiful doing random shit, riding a bike, in a window, on a scooter idk what that is but I love it. Real old feeling city too for the west.

8. Miami- A lot of energy in Miami and love the pastel theme to the city makes everything look real sharp. More cities should be on the same page when it comes to aesthetics.

9. Austin-I was there in '19 came back in '22 and it felt like a different city. It's really growing fast. Unique being a dense city in the sunbelt and I think that's what's make it's real attractive.

10. Philadelphia- Great food city, real tight old streets, makes for shitty parking but I think some cool neighborhoods. Crime is kicking Philly's ass right now though.

Honorable Mention-

Pittsburgh- Smaller city but I don't think a lot of people realize how unique it is due to the terrain. You'll be looking at one neighborhood from a distance and think to yourself how the fuck do I get over there.

Santa Fe- One of the more underrated little cities out there IMO, cool location.

I tend to like the bigger cities, there's just way more stuff to do. I'm the kind of guy that likes everywhere though so I can't say I hate anywhere. My strip club city list would look a little different for sure. What your some of your guys top spots?

26 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Boston is great.

Portland, ME, has a food and arts scene that really punches above its weight. It's also very scenic and there's plenty to do.

Montpelier, VT, is an extremely quaint, walkable, and friendly city. The people are extremely nice. Lots of quirky small shops and restaurants.

I lived in LA for several years. It's a city that everyone loves to complain about, but I had a great time there. The traffic is a ballache. It's been a long time since I've been there, though.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    If you don't care about strip clubs, then Nashville has to be on your List. Lower Broadway is a hoot !
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Agree with Chicago. Food, museums, shopping, sports . Too bad the politicians are turning into a place where criminal thugs run amok - like “Escape from New York”

Tampa is a favorite

• loper
    2 years ago
    Great List. Throw in San Antonio.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Love Nashville. Between and food and the party vibe, I've had so many great times there.

Surprised no one has mentioned Toronto. Big city without the claustrophobic feeling of New York.

Chicago. I haven't been in forever but amazing food with the midwestern vibe. Wouldn't go there now though.

San Diego. I love zoos, and the chill vibe is relaxing.

Most overrated - Las Vegas, Portland, New York
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Los Angeles
    Albuquerque new mexico
    Salt Lake City
    Santa Maria California
  • loper
    2 years ago
    I agree, Tetradon, add Toronto.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    I prefer Chicago to New York and Memphis to Nashville. On the small city discussion - I’ve enjoyed Asheville.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    New York - always something to do

Montreal - the only place in North America I feel like I’m somewhere in Europe

Vegas - questionable if this should not be on anyones list but I love to gamble and even the “meh” restaurants are good. Looking back on my life some of my best nights ever occurred in this city, some of which are very weird but certainly unforgettable. Only city I can say one of my best nights ever with my wife, a random stripper, and my girlfriend all occurred in the same city. All at different times of course!

Wine country (Napa, Sonoma, Russian River, etc.) - if I had to pick somewhere in Cali this would be it.

• whodey
    2 years ago
    As far as having a good time visiting my top 5 would be:

1) Nashville - the combination of music, food and nightlife is second to none
    2) Las Vegas - I love to gamble and this is the gambling Mecca
    3) Honolulu - tropical beaches and picturesque hikes
    4) Boston - such rich history
    5) New Orleans- great food and a fun night life
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Providence. Even minus the clubs, it has a great food and Irish bar scene. I am also culturally a good fit there.

Portland ME. As someone else said, it punches way above its weight class from a cultural perspective, yet is still very manageable in size and reasonable in cost.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Rick - I’m glad you said Providence. I almost mentioned it. Just on a whim I flew there for a long weekend and it seemed like a cool, historical city.
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    I'll second Asheville, NC and Charleston, SC for the small city list. Lots of outdoor recreation and good restaurants.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    san diego. I lived there 50 years ago when I was in the Navy. if I could afford living in California San Diego would be my choice. Nice weather, nice beaches and a few nice girls!
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    My experience is primarily in the eastern USA.

New York City is great for activities. It’s also a good walking city.

Boston is a great city with a rich history. It’s another good walking city.

Philadelphia is a good old city with a rich history. It can get sketchy in certain areas after dark. When you are in center city, it’s good for walking too.

DC is a good place for history and for exploring. There is too much to do - regardless of the time you have. But, again, certain areas can become sketchy after dark. It’s a good city to walk too.

Providence is a very cool smaller city. Great downtown and good spots to eat.

As I get out of the northeast, cities seem to become more spread out, and it’s very different. Some cities are so geographically dispersed, it seems that they are not cohesive. I liked Jacksonville Fl, but the downtown seems like a different location when compared to the outskirts (that are largely suburban).
    2 years ago
    New Orleans. Love the food, history, and the friendly people.

Key West. Very unique, lively, and walkable.

Greenville SC. Very walkable, friendly folks.

Other faves already mentioned are Philadelphia, Las Vegas, San Diego, Miami.
  • londonguy
    2 years ago
    Most of the U.S. nationals I meet over here state San Diego as the place they would most like to live.

By the way I heard Cleveland described as “The mistake by the lake” one time, is that valid?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Cleveland used to be dreadful. It has made a big recovery in the last 10 years or so. I've visited friends out there and they really like living there.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    londonuy - Cleveland has come a long ways thanks to things like the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. It is more of just a typical Midwestern city instead of the complete dump it used to be. Nowhere near as bad as back when the Cuyahoga River caught fire from excessive pollution.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I'd also add Charleston sc. Denver Co. New Orleans la.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Cleveland has gotten better. Lots of "hip" neighborhoods and nice restaurants, and dirt cheap cost of living. But they still have a long way to go. Their world class-hospitals should be transformed into a worldwide medical/pharmaceutical powerhouse.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Is second that about Cleveland. It was a pretty bad old rust belt city in the 70’s and 80’s but I’ve made a number of recent business trips there recently and it’s really improved
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Ohio is a shithole in general
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Savannah, Charleston, Bar Harbor, NYC, Wildwood, Monterrey, Santa Monica, Galveston, Joplin, Tarpon Springs
    These are places I've had fun in the past, most of my traveling now is either South and Central America, and Europe.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    New Mexico is an amazing place

Española and the Rio Arriba County area is great
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Yeah sure Toronto is another one. Seattle, Denver no doubt.

For New York, the city has really changed. The last decade was the biggest skyscraper boom since 30’s so there’s a lot of new stuff to look at. Particularly the once relatively sleepy west side and lower Manhattan. After 9/11 the tallest building was the Empire State Building in NY now there are probably 10 taller than that. You also got the Oculus and the Vessel. All kinds of shit so I would check it out if you haven’t been in a while.

Portland Maine, I think the other Portland gets all the hype but that one is an underrated spot for sure.

And yeah Nashville is great time. Was just there a couple months back, cranes all over the place
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion