tuscl

Parking Schemes

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:31 AM
I was watching this news clip of some parking hustle for a white sox game. [view link] Look at these fucking pieces of shit. Anyway it got me thinking have you seen this type parking lot bullshit at a strip club? I really haven't, even when the club itself tries to charge me to park I do whatever it takes to get around it most times anyway but I have heard of some pieces of shit trying to shake people down for tips when they park for car protection money. At that point I'll keep on driving. But have you seen anything out there at the club or hell even anywhere?

10 comments

• Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I avoid clubs that charge for parking - and I avoid valet parking too. However, I’m surprised that I haven’t gotten caught by a scam like the one in the video. When going to a sports event, if someone has a vest and others are paying that person, then I would likely do the same.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    In the Miami area, it's very common for there to be a parking troll out in the lot. But the cost is like $2 or maybe $5 if you want to park right up front. If they tried to charge me $40, I'd go find a different club. But I have to sympathize with those people going to the game. It's not unheard of for event parking to fill up and then the few places left would charge a lot. I know at Tampa Bay Bucs games, the people that live near the football stadium make a small fortune every year from letting people park in their yard.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Have you ever gone to a small town festival, you will always have to pay for parking, in downtown Delray, people with homes in the downtown area make a few extra bucks during some of the festivals that draw people to our downtown. Recently I went to the shrimp festival on Amelia Island, if you didn't find a paid space you couldn't attend the festival. If you don't like it you don't have to attend, I really don't find this to be a big deal.
  • crazyjoe
    2 years ago
    Sometimes people who love near an event charge people to park in their yard. I remember a scam in Colorado where fake parking attendants were acting like they were charging to park in their own yard and they did not even live there nor was it their property.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    Unfortunately police can’t do anything about it or they will be accused of being racist or profiling. And if the victims take matters into their own hands (I would not travel in most parts of Chicago unarmed), it would be considered a hate crime.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    You guys missed a few key points. These crooks are not charging for parking, they are claiming to charge for parking and are accosting people for $40. That is why the reporter described it as "highway robbery"- that's exacting what it is, and then they become verbally abusive and violently aggressive if you push back. Okay, so inner city thugs have organized into a criminal enterprise and are using threats and intimidation to steal money from innocent passersby - no news there. But that the police and mayor's office refuse to intervene is an outrage! Or, maybe not, since it is Chicago. If you vote democrat, and allow the DNC criminal enterprise to take over at the city, county, and state level, this is the inevitable and foreaeeable outcome. You reap what you sow. They (Illinois) could vote for law and order candidates like DeSantis and Trump but they would rather be woke and go broke - the government overtaxed you on one side, and the democrat base takes it from you at gunpoint on the other. That's what you get, bitches.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Why would anyone want to live or work in a city where this lawlessness is tolerated by police? We are becoming a nation of two types of society. Blue states and red states ?
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    On Jan. 1, 2023, at midnight, a very real version of “The Purge” will be enacted in Illinois via the 2021 SAFE-T Act law. The Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today Act will completely eliminate cash bail for the majority of defendants charged with criminal acts. Judges will decide whether or not to release defendants on a case by case basis, based on if they feel a person poses a threat to the community or is a flight risk. Seeing as many Illinois judges rule like progressive activists, it’s likely they will send many criminals back into communities without hesitation.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    And I imagine I would be the one jailed when I turned one these dipshits into a hood ornament.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion