tuscl

“The business classes are very class-conscious—they’re constantly fighting a bit

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all l.

“The business classes are very class-conscious—they’re constantly fighting a bitter class war to improve their power and diminish opposition.

Occasionally this is recognized.

We don’t use the term “working class” here [in the U.S] because it’s a taboo term.

You’re supposed to say “middle class,” because it helps diminish the understanding that there’s a class war going on.”

~ Noam Chomsky
~ “Business Elites Are Waging a Brutal Class War in America”
~ excerpt from his book (2013).OCCUPY: Class War, Rebellion and Solidarity.

19 comments

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    Noam Chomsky is a fucking commie and almost as big of a douche bag as the OP. Only terrorists cite this piece of shit Chomsky. Like to see Chomsky get murdered by one of the thugs he gets on his knees for.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    You remind us over and over again that there’s still no cure for stupid
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ that was for the OP
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Of course someone living protected from economic reality in academia would think of it in terms of "class war."
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I audited a class once taught by the dirty fucking rat.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Wealth is power. Power magnifies your goodness or evil. So, are the wealthy more evil than people generally? Or is their evil just more magnified? Chomsky pretty much just assumes the former. I lean towards the latter. The outcome of coups and revolutions, supposedly replacing evil people in power with good ones, bear me out.

That said, the non-wealthy should be aware that many among the wealthy seek to make them afraid of groups (other races, other religious beliefs, people who are homeless or otherwise in a tight situation, LGBTQ) with whom they have common interests. That the wealthy don't share.

Certainly the US should be more egalitarian. But the US does seem to have more technological innovation that over developed countries that are more egalitarian.

The term "working class" was based on the assumption that the wealthy just collect their profits, and lead lives of leisure. Maybe that's true of Bill Gates (now). But I don't think it's true of Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk. Some higher level professional people have incomes of $500K or more. But they work more not less than average.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I did it again - and I regret doing it. I read another CJ Kunt discussion, and I wasted a few minutes I will never get back!

The OP tries so hard to seem relevant and intelligent - and he consistently fails at accomplishing both.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    The undeniable not-so-secret truth about America's political system: the people who run it are all rich.

To have a class war in American politics, you need two sides.

But those two sides don't exist in America's political institutions.

From the “Death To The Middle Class” discussion:

“We're made of the same flesh and bone as the people of revolutionary France and revolutionary Russia.

It's simply arrogant to assume that we can do better than them with revolutionary change.

We have to stop being children and hero worshiping blowhards who claim to have all the answers.

We need to elect people who say this is what I think the direction is we should go in, in smaller steps, so we can backtrack if it doesn't work.

If it doesn't work, I'll get out of the way and let another leader try a different direction.”

~ ilbbaicnl
    ~ 30 Aug, 2022
    ~ Joined Oct, 2009
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The people who run things are rich? How fucking stupid do you have to be, to be the asshole just figuring out that it's always been and always will be this way, everywhere. Look at that traitorous fuck Bernie Sanders, the Nazi cocksucker.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The business class is winning the class war and are willing to do anything to keep workers down. Union busting working with skeleton crews stagnant wages supporting anti workers laws and begging for gov handouts. They're the reason for the economy and inflation. Their greed is destroying the country
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^said the little bitch who contributed nothing her entire life.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I hope you get your dementia treated. You're having a belligerent flare-up. If only you had access to universal Healthcare and a viable pension you could get the help you need. One day comrade 🇨🇳
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I have private insurance which is fucking great. People who work hard get the best things in life. Cum stains like you get nothing. You're a fucking zero.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The saddest thing is that X-Guy faggot thinks I was posting about her and not Icee. get over yourself you pussy. You are an insect, but I would love to meet you at Desires, buy you a couple of beers and then beat you to a fucking pulp in the parking lot. You will read this and then re-block me fucking homo. Yeah, I am an anti-semite. Say it to my face you cunt.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Skibum you bragged about your wife's union insurance
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Wow skibum, you are going after these guys hard!
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Public Service Announcement (PSA)

cjkunt is just cacaplop trying to swamp and troll these forums with repetitive, stupid posts, either via his own threads or crashing other threads.

But, as always, take a look at his posting history and judge for yourself.

If engaging with his inane posts is fun for you, then go for it.

Otherwise, don't think his postings are sincere.

TheeOSU 8/26/2022
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    "
    “The business classes are very class-conscious—they’re constantly fighting a bitter class war to improve their power and diminish opposition.

Occasionally this is recognized.

We don’t use the term “working class” here [in the U.S] because it’s a taboo term.

You’re supposed to say “middle class,” because it helps diminish the understanding that there’s a class war going on.”
    "

Yes I agree with CJKent!

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Shit! Wrong account! 😖
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion