tuscl

University towns that lack strip clubs....... Why?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:26 PM
I can think of several major universities that lack strip clubs in their city. Penn State University of Florida University of Michigan Florida State University University of Alabama Of course some of the cities have a small population (e.g., State College is about 42,000) but others would seem to have enough population to support one or more strip clubs (e.g., Gainesville is about 130,000; Ann Arbor is 120,000+). Of course there are many exceptions, mostly major universities that happen to be located in a major metropolitan area (U of Texas, UCLA, Ohio State). But, TUSCL lists many small to medium cities that have one or more strip clubs. Are the university municipalities trying to "protect" the local coeds from temptations? How can those coeds make money for tuition?

14 comments

• Omega_Entertainment
    2 years ago
    FSU is in Leon County which has a ban on nudity. A few have attempted to open just over the county lines but none have ever done so.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I think I might give a pass to Michigan Ypsilanti is only about 15 miles Inkster (Flight Club) about 30 Miles Jackson 35 miles Maybe in the hectic schedule of a college student that’s plenty far
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    ThatXGuy is correct. I completely missed this discussion thread posted by Muddy. Apologies for duplicating a recent discussion. [view link]
  • idletraveler
    2 years ago
    PSU has the End Zone about 15 minutes from campus, but reviews aren't good. I can't say I ever visited as a student a couple decades ago. College students don't usually have much money.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Probably due to lobbying by student loan issuers.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Strip clubs are located where the customers are. Men with plenty of money. That’s not the demographic of small college towns.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Agreed, college towns are usually 100,000 or less. If a town has a college but more than 100,000 it is not really a college town. Strip clubs are usually on the major trucking routes or in places with over 200,000 people. It is the market, not the labor supply which decides where strip clubs are. SJG
  • BGSD3100
    2 years ago
    Who needs strip clubs when you have frat parties.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    University towns, being towns, usually have a fair number of conservatives, along with the liberals associated with the U. The "sex work is always sex trafficking" crowd is a strange mix of staunch (non-Libertarian) conservatives and staunch liberals.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ a very good point ilbbaicnl. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ Mate72 needs to go soak his head. SJG
  • mjx01
    2 years ago
    Most dancers I've known like to work some distance away from where they live to minimize being recognized and affecting their "day" life. Also if you are going to a big time U on mommy and daddy (or uncle sam's) credit card, you don't need to strip. The majority of co-eds I've come across at the End Zone have been from smaller less "rich parents" schools about 1 hr away, not from PSU.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Not rare to strip your way through college. Not all U towns lack a strip club, in the town or less than an hour away. Some people have poor parents, are estranged from their parents, and don't want to be begging for a Biden load bailout.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I know what people are saying with regards to the economics but don’t you still got to check it out if you got time just in case? Just to make sure.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion