tuscl

Laughter in clubs

Friday, January 4, 2008 11:12 AM
Another thread made me think of something that I've never understood - why is there so little laughter in most clubs? We all seem to regard BBF as one of our favorite clubs, and for me part of the reason is that people laugh there. Why is that so rare? Seems to me the few dancers I've known who were real clowns (my ATF was one of them) were very popular. Why don't more girls do that? Do you guys like girls who clown around and make customers laugh? Personally I love it.

23 comments

• MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I had one dancer at a former favorite club of mine in northern NY state always try and tell me a joke while she was onstage...she always said it was her job to entertain me after I "had driven so long to get there". She wasn't funny...she was just annoying. I like seeing girls smile...so laughter is fine by me...just let me tell the jokes. A stripper's job is to look pretty, act sexy, and take off as much clothing as possible...they're not comedians.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    How do you tell jokes onstage? Like wiggle wiggle then bust into a seinfeld routine?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    16 years ago
    FONDL - You bring up a good point and a very new topic I've never seen posted before. Thank you. As most of you know, I sometimes get humorous in my reviews. I enjoy it. I like to see other people laugh as much as me. As far as clubbing goes, I personally am still myself and like to get the girls and other friends in a laughing mood. It seems almost pitiful that in most SCs you won't hear much laughter, if any at all. Although we go to SCs for excitement, I find too many customers going in with a way too serious attitude about getting "UP", "OFF", and "OUT OF THERE"!
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    I just seems like everyone is always stoic in alot of places like its a doctors office.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Exactly...picture Seinfeld doing a joke onstage while he was caressing his super-huge, fake breasts...no thanx. I agree that a lot of customers are too quiet and have a look on their faces like a deer in the headlights though.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I find that when a girl makes her routine too "fun and funny" rather than sultry and sexy, I lose the turn-on and am not interested in her. It's like, to me, she's using the humor as a shield and preventing me from really penetrating into her soft squishy center. It's a defense. Especially if she's dancing "silly" -- there's one hot muscular gal here who does this thing where she flexes her pectoral muscles, and that makes her giant fake bulbous tits bounce up and down. She does this flexing in concert with a pantomime with her hands, which makes it look like she's moving her tits by means of marionette strings. Sure, it's cute once. But she squeals with glee, laughs, acts like it's a damn Robin Williams skit. Very not-sexy. Very no-I-don't-want-to-get-to-know-you. Very no-thank-you-go-get-some-other-sucker-for-a-private-dance and goodbye.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    On a individual basis fine, and can help with ATF type deals. Women that have great sense of humor, can be a real plus, and women that can joke around can be real fun/ I've seen dancer shaking hands with clients they know, using mini-vibrators, that kind of thing However in terms of the stage itself (lets says they got a real show stage, not some dark corner), my guess is that management would not encourage clowning around on stage, because they want to sell sex or the image or sex and and lots of booze and they want a consistent theme put out to the larger crowd in the club, and you cannot have one dancer clowning around for 4 songs and then have regular dancers coming on next. Clowning around might sound good in theory - but in practice its not likely to help bottom line profits for the club.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    On stage doesnt make sense. (and now Im picturing Seinfeld with fake boobs...ugh!) But being friendly laughing and smiling when talking on a one on one basis I would have thought would be a welcome change from the "wanna dance" attitude.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Do we want to bring back the days of burlesque shows where the male comedian warmed up the crowd for the strippers? This died out when customers made it clear that the wanted strippers only.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    So I'm the only one here (and maybe Bones) who enjoys a really wacky girl clowning around on stage? Granted most girls couldn't pull it off. But a few are naturally like that (or maybe it's the drugs) and I love them.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    HA HA Define wacky. Like upbeat or tetelling jokes? :*
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Humor: The best medicine. If I didn't share laughs with my favorite dancers, I think that there would be a lot less of them. I always bring funny cartoons and pictures to share with the girls. And they love my funny T-shirts and my funny CD's. I agree that there are very few that can pull off a humorous stage appearance. I am more interested in a show of sexuality. What I might expect from a private dance. But at my table between private dances the more humor on both sides the better.I find that when there are more than just two to a conversation, that things can get much more funny. Bones: Come back!
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Hmmm? Wonder if a good stand-up routine during a dance might encourge more table conversations and lead to more private dances. Laughter is, truly, the best medicine. This could be a whole new thing. Dancers taking out newspaper ads to hype their stand-up acts.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    The reason I think you don't hear laughter in clubs is because they would rather tell you they aren't making enough money and can barely pay the tipout. And frankly, there are too many mercenary dancers who don't see any purpose in trying to get you to laugh. Of course, it isn't like the girl couldn't be funny in a one-on-one situation. Frankly, I think it is more my place to bring humor to them, but then again, I have always thought I should be a standup comedian.
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    Sounds like Fondl & Wondergirl teaming up to do a vaudevillesque comedy skit may be coming to a neighborhood type stripclub near you.....
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    In a public area or especially very loud areas, it can be hard to talk and hear. When I get alone with a dancer, occasionally being humorous and laughing a bit isn't that unusual for me. I've heard several dancers say "you made me laugh" which by them even saying that, does make that seem unusual. It all depends on what mood I'm in and whether or not I heard or saw something funny I want to share. I believe this activity is mainly with dancers I'm already familiar with and typically when I'm just talking to them in a semi-private area or with not a lot of people and noise around. I remember one night after drinking, I thought it would be funny to tell a dancer about some cornball pick up lines I heard somewhere. I think she thought some of them were funny. The only one I remember but I don't think she thought it was that funny was "if your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I come visit between the holidays?" I remember one night both myself and a dancer were laughing hysterically about something. I don't remember what that was about. I think part of the conflict between laughter and strip clubs is that as a guy, when I'm thinking about sexual thoughts, laughter is usually not something I'm thinking about. In fact if I start laughing about something during the middle of a lap dance, dancers have stopped and asked if I was laughing at them or if something was wrong. Obviously my mind wasn't thinking sexual thoughts but about something funny I was thinking about.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    In case you didn't know, another way to upset a dancer is to laugh at her while she's doing her lap dances. Some dancers can get upset easily. I don't recall ever laughing at a dancer though during a lap dance. I simply thought of something funny on occasion while they were dancing for me. Some dancers may ask if you're laughing at them. I think they may lack some confidence in themselves if they're asking you so I reassure them I'm not laughing at them. If you were joking with them a few minutes ago, I don't think they ever asked what I was laughing or smiling about. Well, unless they really wanted to know.
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    Huh? No laughter....you guys must be going to the wrong clubs. Try a club that has a large tip rail full of young college guys (and girls - especially female customers!), add that dreaded MC, and you have the recipe for laughter. I see it all the time. I won't mention any names, but it's that chain that everyone here seems to hate. Not all clubs in this chain are equal....I know I'm just lucky to be near the best one in the country (in Michigan) but if it's laughter you want - you'll find it here. Personally, I don't care - but if laughter is what you want in a club, it does exist.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    CasualGuy, I once did 16 straight lap dances with my ATF and by the end of it we were both laughing histerically. She has a really great laugh. David, a strip club full of college guys is my worst nightmare. I outgrew fraternity parties about 40 years ago.
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    FONDL, I'm 49 years old and I don't mind them - keeps me young LOL (just hate the music!)
  • chandler
    16 years ago
    I don't get the question, either. I see plenty of laughter, One reason is that strippers and customers, in their eagerness to like and be liked, are so quick to laugh at any attempt at humor each other makes. However, if obvious, laugh-out-loud clowning and wackiness is what you expect, perhaps a Benny Hill video is a better place to look. There is often a difference between day and night shifts, and I'm not referring to fratboys and the forced jokes of DJ-comedians. Days tend to be quieter in general, so everyone might be a little inhibited about breaking the conspicuous silence. At night, when more people are out looking to have a good time, all the laughs and animated chatter tend to feed more of the same, and you wind up hearing a sea of cheerful babble around the room. Not everywhere, but at most places I go.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    "Some dancers may ask if you're laughing at them." I too noticed that many dancers seem to always be worrying about that. I think it relates to the fact that many dancers tend to have little formal education, and they sometimes translate miscellaneous laughing as laughing at them and somehow labeling them as stupid.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    minnow- hee hee
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion