tuscl

JCS Chairman General Milley admits he was a disloyal, cowardly scumbag

doctorevil
Evil Lair
Tuesday, August 9, 2022 1:55 AM
[view link] "If they want to court-martial me, or put me in prison, have at it," Milley told his staff. "But I will fight from the inside." Anyone who has spent anytime in uniform knows that when you receive an order, you have two choices. If the order is legal, you follow it to the best of your ability. If it is not legal, you refuse and report it, or in the case of officers like Milley, resign. Writing a resignation letter but not submitting it and then secretly fighting "from the inside" is not one of the options, or it's not supposed to be, anyway. Although I don't agree with him, I would have had respect for him if he had actually submitted the resignation letter. What a total coward and scumbag.

19 comments

• misterorange
    2 years ago
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it last week.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    The JCS Chairman prevented Trump from using the military to stage his coup. Thank God for real patriots in the military. Now lock up Trump and his gang of criminals and conspiracy theorists.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    And people keep understating how coordinated, and illegal, of an assault on our Democracy the Dems and their allies have unleashed; and what they still have in-store
  • wld4tatas
    2 years ago
    Only Trump and his followers and cronies have assaulted our Democracy. And they are learning that was a bad mistake.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The second amendment exists because the founding Fathers knew that one day we'd have to deal with "democrats."
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    Traiter to what and whom? Loyalty is sworn to the constitution and not the president. Good to see people with a conscience in positions of power, its refreshing. No one man can take power and the mechanics of this system were put to the test. The structure of the constitution was designed for this contingency in mind. Nobody wants a king around here and if you do welp maybe go to Russia or something. They need more willing slaves for their wars.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    The structure of our constitution is that the military is subordinate to our elected civilian commander in chief, a concept that Miley obviously failed to recognize. He is a traitor to our constitution.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    If Milley thought Trumpm was giving him illegal orders, or orders he could not in good conscience follow, he should have resigned. Instead, he chose padding his retirement over faithfulness to the constitution.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ It seems like it's been happening for 20 years or more, many top officers have politically sold out, more interested in their status and retirement than in actually being a soldier and leader.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    You can have your own opinions as a soldier. You just have to execute "legal orders" and hold your ground (at great personal risk of inviting a court marshall) on illegal ones. I still don't see anything here he did wrong. He was simply staying in place to dispute any illegal orders and potentially face a court martial where a weaker man in his place might just blindly break the law. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    Resigning to an illegal order is just surrendering the responsibility to the next guy to take your place. Thats just passing the buck and if everyone did that then the eventually a toady fool will be the one left to execute it.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    General Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper calmed the nation at a time when Trump was acting like and idiot, when he pulled the troops off of that spot on the Turkey - Syria border, so that Turkey could fire its NATO issued artillery at Kurdish civilians, and all as a favor to Putin. Trump put Putin within reach of what Russia has always wanted, a warm water port. SJG Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • conan_mac_morna
    2 years ago
    Doc Evil, you know nothing about how the military works. In what branch, when and where did you serve?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Not going along with trumps coup is treason???? 😂😂😂🤡
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    “ Doc Evil, you know nothing about how the military works.” Really, what part did I get wrong? Subordination of the military to the elected civilian commander-in-chief? The duty to carry out lawful orders to the best of your ability? The duty to refuse unlawful orders and report them, or resign (only officers have the option to resign). I’m all ears.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Milley considered resignation because what Trump was doing was just wrong. In the end Milley decided to stay in his post. Milley has set a very good example. SJG
  • yahtzee74
    2 years ago
    Milley also inappropriately contacted China because of his delusion that Trump might start a war, and made political comments (white rage) in uniform. His interpretation that Trump was going to stage a coup is just as delusional as his idea that Trump was going to start a war with China. Also, the libs rigged the 2020 election and bragged about doing so in the press.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    Top generals normally have a direct wire to their counterparts for the purposes of national security for each nation. He simply stated to his concerned counterpart there no concerns about the transfer of power and all is under control. Totally appropriate and you normally never hear about this stuff since it is classified or boring. Now you know about it so...OMG he talked to THEM! In an Era where minutes warning before total annihilation can occur communication is pretty important at the operational level. More relevant to this topic is that Russia cut their ties to their general counterparts a few months ago. I suggest this is 100x more concerning to our national security.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I agree with Uprightcitizen. SJG Jane - School of Rock [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion