tuscl

Are all the “Cubanas” really from Cuba?

Friday, August 5, 2022 7:38 PM
I think that can’t be, there’s just too many of and every Latina danxer in every city claims they’re Cuban.

Google search says Cubans can’t get even tourist visas to enter the USA. Is there some kind of loophole and a scout makes arrangements for pretty ladies to come to America?

So where are all these Latina dancers coming from?
Born & raised in USA? Then no visa obstacle. But they usually don’t seem like Americans because they seem to come from countries where earning $20 or $25 for 3 minutes of work is very good.

Do they come from a wide mix of Latin countries? If so, why not just say which country they’re actually from? I’ve had a few name their nationality as Colombian, Venz, etc. Why would all the rest lie?

Would appreciate any knowledge.
And to wherever they’re coming from - Thank you very much and keep ‘em coming!!

26 comments

• Tiburon
    2 years ago
    maybe the women are getting special passes as long as they bring back the money. Law bends upon the will of the law makers. However I doubt most women are from cuba.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    If you were from somewhere other than Cuba, I do not know why you would say you were from Cuba. That's not a knock against Cuba. I know tons of hotties from Puerto Rico, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Mexico, Argentina, etc., and yes Cuba. The only woman I met who I caught trying to lie about her national origin told me she was Spanish. I asked which city: Madrid? Barcelona? Seville? She said Honduras, but would not admit to being Honduran.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    If a girl is from Central America, she is not going to say she is from Cuba. Even in Miami, there are a lot from Colombia, Venezuela , Brazil, Puerto Rico, etc.

But I do think there is a fair amount of trafficking going on with Cuban girls. The economy is so bad that people will do anything to get out. Agencies help the girls, then expect to be paid back. Maybe why the girls are rather aggressive. They have someone to pay back. OR they have to send money back to family still there.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I would say that almost all of the Cuban dancers were born in Cuba. If they were born here they would have a working knowledge of English.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    Waiting for Papi to chime in. He seems to have a really good understanding of the Cuban socioeconomic dynamic. But I agree with many of the other posters saying that a non-Cuban Latina would not say she’s from Cuba. It’s quite the opposite, especially in Miami, where Cuban girls often say they’re from somewhere else since the Cuban dancers have somewhat of a ROB reputation.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Cubans get refugee status. And there's a lot of human trafficking. Bringing girls in promising them money. A lot of them hustle extra hard to pay the human traffickers they owe.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ that ended in 2017 refugee status that is
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Interesting Lappy. You seem to be mostly in NY and FL. We don't get that many Cubans out here, in the general population.

SJG
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    This has come up before. I personally have only had one dancer tell me she was (all) Cuban. But I would bet at least $50 she was from Spain, from her accent. Another told me she was half Cuban and half Venezuelan, I'd bet $20 that was true. (Sorry, but always a safer bet that strippers are lying.)

Another dancer told me she was Hawaiian although she was Filipina. blah remarked that, for dubious reasons, many dancers think it's good to lie about their ethnicity/ancestry. But, many PLs prefer a persona rather than an actual person, so it's $ if dancers can provide that. So, any sort of pretending to be something you're not has value as practice, if nothing else.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I think the proliferation of Cuban-dancers across the country is real – I think it’s much more likely that people confuse Cuban dancers for other Latinas; than the other way around – in the past, most folks’ exposure around the country to Latinos was usually w.r.t. Mexican and other Central Americans since these were the bulk of Latinos in most areas around the U.S. whereas as Cubans tended to stick mostly to SE Florida. As others have commented, IME the Cuban-dancers often get a bad-rap and some of them try to pass off as something else vs the other way around – I’m Cuban-born myself so I can almost-always know if they are trying to pass for something else; I can def tell once they start talking; but often times I can tell a Cuban-dancer just by looking at her and how she carries herself although obviously it’s not foolproof going just by looks/mannerisms.

But – over time the Cubans have decided not to make SE Florida their homebase when arriving since the opportunities in SoFLo are not that great; and that in large part has led to there being many more Cubans, and in greater #s, spread around the country.

There has def been a big, and surprising, surge, of Cuban-dancers around the country where they seem to take over certain clubs in short order – even in some places like Denver which I would have not expected.

There does seem to be some coordination going on – pre-1995 or so, Cubans were given automatic asylum if picked up at sea or if they made I to the U.S. any other way – in the early-90s there was a massive outflow from Cuba by sea many people doing so on homemade rafts and they were called “los balseros” (the rafters) – b/c of this massive migration, Clinton changed the law to the “wet-foot dry-foot” law that if you were caught at sea, you were returned to Cuba, but if you made it to U.S. soil, you were granted asylum.

But in January 2017; as one of his last acts when leaving office; Obama took away the automatic asylum claims Cubans had (Obama took away wet-foot dry-foot) – after January 2017, Cubans had to mostly come into the U.S. illegally either by sea or land but more commonly by land by going from Cuba to a Central-American country to then Mexico to then the U.S. border – this required the use of coyotes and thousands of dollars – in many cases families in the U.S. paid; in other cases I assume folks come to an agreement to pay back the $$$ either to the coyotes or whomever lends them the $$$; I’m not sure how it works (I came from Cuba as a 9 y/o in 1979 thus I don’t have closet-ties to the recent arrival community).

So IDK for sure what has led to the recent influx of Cuban dancers around the country, but I suspect either:

1) they see stripping as a quick way to get on their feet vs slaving-away at $7 or $8 an hour or w/e the current minimum wage is in a particular area – and somehow the word has gotten out w.r.t. stripping being a quick-way to make a lot of $$$ and the word has gotten out w.r.t. the more lucrative clubs to hit; etc

2) post January 2017; seems most Cubans have had to do the Cuban to Central America to Mexico to the border thing which often requires a good amount of $$$ including coyotes – so could be the influx/increase of Cuban girls dancing are doing so to get out of under that debt as quickly as possible whether it’d be owed to coyotes or family-members that sacrificed to get them here but really are not in a position to spends thousands of dollars and often times the family-members here may have borrowed the $$$ themselves

I’m leaning towards #2 above as the main-reason for the huge influx of Cuban-dancers but IDK for sure and I assume #1 above applies to some of them – but it does seem as if the word has gotten out among them w.r.t. how to make lots of $$$ quickly – if this is somehow coordinated vs just “the word getting around”, IDK – I doubt they are “trafficked” in the sense that they are lied to or somehow connived into it – I’m pretty-sure they know the deal going in and decide it’s worth it to them given how dire things are in Cuba and more importantly no end in sight for their situation in Cuba.
  • lappymclappy
    2 years ago
    Thanks Papi-Chulo!
    I thought you might have some real knowledge on the topic. Yes, coming in through other countries makes sense.

I’ve employed day laborers (male) who’ve come to the USA to work via an incredibly long and hard journey from remote corners of Central and South America. Like walk 4 days from a village in the mountains of Peru to the closest stop for a bus to the capitol type deal. I just can’t imagine these gorgeous ladies making that kind of journey.

Also, even then, it doesn’t explain why 90% of Latina strippers that I’ve met in NYC, SoFlo, and TX (my main stomping grounds) all say they’re “Cuban”. If bleak economic prospects was the main driver pushing women to seek $ as dancers in the USA, I should be meeting tons of dancers from almost every country in Central and South America. Esp Venezuela (very fucked economy) and Argentina (known for beautiful women) and Brazil (a wealthy elite but millions of poor and known for beautiful women).

Bottom-line, something just isn’t adding up for me. Curious about it.

• rickdugan
    2 years ago
    The Cuban Adjustment Act still makes it far easier for Cubans to work legally in the U.S. that Latinos from other countries. I'm not remotely surprised that Cubans far outnumber other Latinos in the clubs, at least outside of NYC.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    God damn, so a Cuban dancer had to essentially be smuggled through Central America, then Mexico to get to the US (god only knows what she had to do during that trip) then back to the Southern US only to have LDK82 cum in his pants when she sits on his lap.

Every male member on this board (with the exception of SJG) has no idea how good they have it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Every group has its own peculiarities – Brazilians can’t be compared to Cubans any more than Americans can be compared to Britons just b/c they speak the same language – the Cuban issue is unique onto itself – I do agree that it’s astonishing how much the Cuban stripper #s have exploded, and I do believe most of those *are* Cuban girls; but still astonishing as to how it’s exploded in many parts of the country – I think it has to do mostly with my point #2 in my previous comment although IDK the exact reasons behind this explosion.

This may go back to the early-90s – when the Soviet Union was intact, Cuba received massive subsidies from the Eastern Block – once the USSR was no longer; that is when the situation in Cuba went from “you could kinda get by” to “you couldn’t feed your kids”; and this was pretty-much for most of the population vs just there being haves and have-nots – this is when Cuba had to pivot and open the country to as much foreign tourists as possible (mainly from Canada and Europe) – and this is when many young girls turned to prostitution to get $$$ from the tourists and be able to survive (there were young girls that would sleep w/ a tourist if he just bought her a pair of jeans; etc).
  • lappymclappy
    2 years ago
    Thankd rickdugan. But didnt Obama and Trump effectively kill the Cuban Adj Act of 1966?

This article seems to explain the history.
    https://www.wola.org/analysis/cuban-migr…
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    IDK the exact legal reasons behind it - but it does seem almost all Cubans arriving become legal residents, and are given permission to work not long (2 or 3 months?) after they arrive thus giving the Cubanas access to work in the clubs - it's still surprising to me how they have exploded in #s especially throughout the country
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    most of the Cuban girls I have met are really HOT.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    It may be about all the Cheetolini followers who have a stick up their ass about immigrants. Perhaps they have a better opinion of Cuban immigrants?

I think nicespice should start passing as Cuban. She should develop an act where she plays the bongos like Desi Arnaz, but with her boobs. Then tour around as a feature show.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @lappymclappy

I will play along and comment on your discussion.

The impact of US sanctions (American Embargo) has continuously inflicted serious harm on the Cuban economy for many years now.

But the embargo has never been effective at achieving its principal purpose: forcing Cuba's revolutionary regime out of power or bending the knee to Washington's will.

Because of the “American Embargo” on Cuba poor men women and children are lured to the USA because the false advertising and globalized propaganda that makes them believe the U. S. Is the land of economic opportunity.

Remember Voltaire — 'Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.'

As a means to flee poverty in Cuba, many beautiful naive young women agree to work in the USA as exotic dancers to pay off a $20,000 to $30,000 smuggling fees, and instead of simply stripping often times they are forced into prostitution to try to pay the money.

It is ironic that in a country that promotes “equality” people like those beautiful naive Cuban girls are being treated as disposable sex objects.

Many immigrants like the Cuban girls and other men women and children produce billions of dollars in revenue every year by being exploited and abused by criminals, Americans and their accomplices, all over the world.

It is the “American Way” of profiting by victimizing millions of vulnerable people from countries around the world.

“It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.”

~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg
    ~ Born: 3rd January 2003 Stockholm, Sweden
    ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist

~ Awards:
    ~ Fritt Ord Award (2019)
    ~ Rachel Carson Prize (2019)
    ~ Ambassador of Conscience Award (2019)
    ~ Right Livelihood Award (2019)
    ~ International Children's Peace Prize (2019)
    ~ Time Person of the Year (2019)
    ~ Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity (2020)
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Nope looks like somebody beat nice to it: https://youtu.be/4E_kiluAG2g
  • dannyboy3
    2 years ago
    I speak fluent Spanish and from my experience, every Cubana had the right accent and knew the geography. I've been to Cuba and know the area. I think the dynamic is like Korean grocers and Vietnamese nail salons. It's word of mouth through friend and family networks.
  • JimGassagain
    2 years ago
    I find when the Cuban dancers tell you quickly that they don’t speak English, it’s their way of saying don’t talk just let me dance so you can pay me.

Bacon!!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    There's no ulterior motive.theyre Cuban. Most customers don't make up political scenarios nor legal ones. That's weirdoshit
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I don't know about the rest of the country, but in south Florida the ones that claim to be Cuban sure seem to be. As someone else mentioned, the majority of the lies seem to be the other way around with Cuban born dancers claiming other countries to avoid negative stereotypes of Cubans. Obviously I can't be 100% certain, but with the large latino population down here you get to be pretty good at recognizing the individual cultural traits and language differences.
  • lappymclappy
    2 years ago
    ok. so to summarize, it looks like:
    - all these Cubanas really were born in Cuba, its unclear how they’re all - - getting to the USA but probably not on a jet from Havanna to Miami, and
    - they do seem to have some advantage in getting residency and work permits (which explains why there aren’t a ton of dancers from El Salvador, Bolivia, etc).

good team effort by the PLs
  • MaxMaxima
    2 years ago
    Cubans are some of hottest dancers around. They have just the right amount of color, but like any dancers some can be very aggressive/rob-ish. FOTB provided some of the best experiences years ago. Now some of those same dancers have gone thru assimilation, raised prices and don't provide the same cheap and enthusiastic extras they once did.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion