tuscl

"Exotic Dancers" who are not exotic

Monday, December 24, 2007 5:50 PM
Here's the Miriam-Webster dictionary definition of EXOTIC: "strikingly, excitingly, or mysteriously different or unusual" The question is how can a woman that not's even remotely close to being "exotic" call herself an "exotic dancer"? There are too many Walmart or average to below average type women in this business at the present moment, some so non-exotic one would think they would be embarassed to even get up on stage. As for how the upcoming downturn/recession (whatever is going on with the economy) - how that impacts this, its hard to tell, as it could make the situation worse as the dollars continue to dry up. Alternatively: 1. the lack of opportunity in the real (non-dancer) world - could bring better quality women into the strip clubs 2. strip clubs themselves recognizing the problem could be forced to put out (e.g. perhaps by making house fees more favorable to dancers) a more consistent level of dancer quality, sufficient enough to draw customer traffic into the clubs

9 comments

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    Part of the problem is some customers have different tastes in what they like. To get consensus in this society, you seem to have to offer everything to everyone because someone might get upset. I still believe the majority of guys prefer dancers who are fit and have good skin tone. A pretty face helps too. I agree the term exotic seems to apply to something you don't typically see. I can see ordinary girls next door or Walmart girls everywhere. They aren't exotic. They are just strippers.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    They are just strippers if they're working in a strip club that is. Now some of the girls I knew in college, they would be "exotic" dancers if they worked a strip club.
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    Most are not exotic. Few, if any, can dance.
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    So how does a club owner/manager assess the situtation? Since all dancers are independent contractors renting the opportunity for tip out, there is no real incentive to restrict the number, beyond space or comfort level requirements. If more want to get in, let them--until they burn out. Qualilty control, why bother. Somebody will like her fat butt. Attitude, manners. Dancers will just have to learn to be nice on their own. I'm not running a charm school. More dancers on the floor pushing drinks. If they can't get dances--tough. Customers, will wise up and restrict visits only to the few really good clubs. A lot of the rest will just die.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    It's kind of like that now. The strip clubs charge the dancers to work there. They aren't going to keep working if they are losing money. Customers selectively pick dancers or should based on who they like. There are several strip clubs I no longer visit and some I never have. If they fit somebody else's tastes, they'll stay around.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    "Part of the problem is some customers have different tastes in what they like" Ignoring for the moment prices, personalities etc, one can safely say the vast majority of customers would not have objections to having most strip clubs staffed with girls in the 8 to 10 range. Within those ranges, you get some girls w/o boobs, some with huge boobs, some very thin, some with more curves, you get some super pretty, some somewhat pretty, some with super long legs and some not - the point being within the class "8 to 10" itself (very attractive women) - there are already many customer tastes accounted for. Ok so there are some chubby chasers in strip clubs, they really want FAT dancers - I say let them go to Walmart and stand at the door or go to Weight Watchers and hang at the scale. Many of these dancers in fact see themselves as ultra sexy and many even have the attitude, which has always amazed me
  • BobbyI
    17 years ago
    It's more about them sucking dicks these days and fucking then it is about dancing.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    It's nowadays "exotic" for a woman to be physically attractive AT ALL ...
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    The fact that they get naked and pretend to be attracted to all kinds of slobs is probably what makes them "strikingly, excitingly, or mysteriously different or unusual" since most women wouldn't do that. If garbage men can be considered sanitation engineers, I guess girls wandering around naked selling lappers can be called exotic dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion