tuscl

National Hamburger Day - May 28

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Saturday, May 28, 2022 11:33 AM
Everyone likes a good burger, right ? Where are you going today ? Five Guys? In&Out? Whatabuger? I actually think I'll go to the grocery store, buy some meat, then grill at home. What do you put on your burger ? Cheese? Onions ? Bacon ? I might mix some blue cheese into mine today. Damn, I'm hungry right now. Can I do a burger for breakfast ?

43 comments

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Charm City Grill for me in Deerfield Beach, just a short ride from Solid Gold in Pompano. Cheddar, Grilled Onions, Ketchup Yummy with a Cold Beer and some onion rings.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I roll my own. Also, venison burgers are pretty great if you have access to it.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I’ve never had in&out. So Five Guys is the best I’ve had Smash burger is over rated. I keep it pretty simple. Mustard ketchup pickles
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    When I grill burgers at home I like to get grass fed chopped meat, best I've had comes from Whole Foods, with Costco Grass Fed comes in second still good though.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Grill at home because never found a restaurant that will make them as rare as I like. I get the meat from a local butcher that grinds it up fresh, and how I cook it the bun soaks up all the bloody juice, and the center is totally raw and cold. Almost any kind of cheese, thin sliced Vidalia onion, and a very little bit of ketchup.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    Hmmm, I didn't know that. I think today might be Five Guys for lunch. Cheeseburger with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, and green peppers is my go to.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Bruce Willis says to never put mayonnaise on a hamburger. [view link]
  • kilgoretrout12
    2 years ago
    really like the Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carls Jr./Hardees. The onion rings and BBQ sauce make the difference.
  • crazyjoe
    2 years ago
    Try happy hour at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They have the best burger ever!
  • crazyjoe
    2 years ago
    Best fast food burgers are, in no particular order, Freddy Steak Burgers Culver's In N Out Smash Burger Another great sit down restaurant burger is Sam's No. 3 featured on diners drive-ins and dives.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    @crazyjoe. Combining a trip to Shotguns or the former Mile High Saloon (don't know what it's called now), is always on my list when I hit Denver. Just did it last week.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    *Meant to say combining a trip to Sams No. 3 with a strip club visit is on my list when I visit Denver.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Ruth's Chris for a burger ? It probably is good.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Ruth's Cris does have a good burger. There is an Embassy Suites in Birmingham that has a restaurant/bar that is a Ruth's Cris. While nobody would probably go to a Ruth's Cris for a burger, the burger is a cheaper option on the menu when you just want to eat at the hotel bar while you are on a trip. They also have sliders that are pretty good too.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    My favorite burgers are from Fatburger and In N Out. When I make my own. I use cheap ass American ways style beef. Season it with salt pepper garlic onion parsley and add a raw egg to keep it together. Use bolillo rolls. Pepper jack cheese avocado mayo tomato onion mango salsa.
  • sinclair
    2 years ago
    McDonalds has $1 cheeseburgers today on their app, but you can only buy one. My favorite burgers are from a chain called Farmer Boys in California and Nevada. I like everything on the burger: onions, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickles, etc. The only thing I don't like is avocado.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Farmer boys is good. I like their milk shakes and fish and chips. The burgers taste really good but are so heavy. I don't know what they do with them. I can eat a big cheeseburger from 5 guys and be okay. But a small burger from Farmer boys feels like a brick in my stomach
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    Reminds me of an anecdote from Iacocca. It seems that Henry Ford II had the same thing for lunch every day, a hamburger steak, in the executive dining room. He would always say it was the very best burger he had ever eaten. He finally convinced Iacocca to try one, and yes! It was very, very good. Iacocca, unlike Ford, went into the kitchen to ask the chef what the secret was. The chef laughed, went to the cooler, brought out a beautifully marbled Porterhouse, and fed it to the meat grinder. Mystery solved!
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I ate at Hanks in Tulsa pretty good. Since 1947 I like old school shit like that
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I ran through the Arby's drive thru on my way home from the flea market today and grabbed one of their wagyu burgers, not bad really but doesn't compare to what I normally make in the broiler or on the grill.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    ^ Aw, that is disappointing OSU . I had seen those wagyu burgers advertised and was going to check them out. I love wagyu steak, just don't like paying the price.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Lol No you know what really defines worthless life is a sad sack of shit that garnered 144 ignores, as many as icey and the sjcreep combined, on an internet board that probably has a total of a couple hundred active contributors, posters and reviewers at most.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    Dang it. I missed national hamburger day. Had some pizza instead.
  • grand1511
    2 years ago
    No one else had a fur burger on Friday?
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I’ll eat a burger once in a while when I’m in the mood but I’m not necessarily a big-time aficionado – I find most burgers kinda bland in taste and quality – I have a Fuddruckers near-me and that is where I usually go when in the mood for a burger – I usually have one of their exotic-burgers – in years past I’d order the wild-boar exotic-burger but they discontinued that a couple of years ago – now I order the buffalo exotic-burger but the last couple of times I’ve had the Fuddruckers buffalo exotic burger it’s tasted meh; IDK if it’s inexperienced-cooks b/c of the pandemic, or lower-quality-meat – I’m not a huge fan of fries nor soda (will have them occasionally) so I’ll usually order the burger/sandwhich by itself which is about a 1/2-lb I believe – in the past I’d always add bacon and swiss-cheese but lately just been adding cheese (the Fuddruckers exotic-burger by itself w/ cheese (no fries nor drink) is now about $15 w/ tax in my area) – I’ll usually add a bit of mayo so mayo and cheese (and in the past bacon) was enough for me to enjoy a burger – I like onions on the burger if they are sautéed/cooked, I don’t like raw-onion, and I’ll eat the burger w/ lettuce, tomato, and pickles, but I’m ok if it doesn’t come w/ it. The only burger I’ve had in the last couple of years that I enjoyed and found tasty was Five Guys but I don’t currently have one near me – pre-Covid I used to hangout in South Beach on some weekends (riding my bicycle and watching the babes) and there was a Five-Guys in South Beach that I’d hit up; but that location closed-up b/f Covid (rents in South Beach are high AF).
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    Papi - I didn't think it was possible at this point to live in a major metropolitan area and NOT have a Five Guys nearby. I'm practically surrounded by them where I live in the Boston area with 2 in particular less than 10 minutes away.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I miss the Angus deluxe from McDonald's. And Jack in the boxs 6 dollar burger.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    My closest 5 Guys is 10 miles away. 20-25 minutes. I like their burgers but their prices have gone sky high.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I went to Five Guys last evening. It was great I went to the bank first to see the loan officer
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    “… Papi - I didn't think it was possible at this point to live in a major metropolitan area and NOT have a Five Guys nearby …” I was looking online and there are a good # of Five Guys in my Metro area – the two nearest ones are 20-minutes away (one south; one north) – but I’m rarely in those areas where the Five Guys are and not being a big-time aficionado of burgers I’m not inclined to make the drive especially in Miami/SoFlo traffic – I have a fair # of eating options within 5 or 10-minutes from me and tend to stick to those – I used to hit Five Guys when I used to hang out in South Beach on the weekends pre-Covid – South Beach is 20 to 30 minutes from me but since I was already hanging-out there then I’d do Five Guys but I never went to South Beach just to eat Five Guys (the now-closed South Beach Five Guys is the only one I’ve ever eaten at that I can recall). I may actually make the drive to one of the Five Guys that is 20-minutes from me one of these days that I’m in the mood for a burger given I haven’t recently enjoyed the burgers at my local Fuddruckers which I used to enjoy in the past.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    As I mentioned above, the only Five Guys I’ve been to is the one in South Beach that is now closed – one thing I found odd about that Five Guys is that almost all the employees, if not all the employees, were black – made me wonder if the founder(s) were black but a quick web-search it appears it’s a white-dude. Have you guys noticed this at your Five Guys?
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    ^^ yeah, actually I have. The Five Guys near me is always well staffed. They must pay well because they don’t seem to have any staffing shortages. But nearly all the employees are black in a suburb that’s less that 15% AA.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Had a couple friends over earlier this afternoon to eat, socialize, and relax before going back to work tomorrow. I have an old charcoal grill that I'm going to throw out in the garbage this week. I still had some charcoal leftover too so I decided to give the grill it's last hurrah. I made 6 half pound burgers. Also on hand.. whole wheat buns extra sharp cheddar cheese baby swiss cheese vadalia onions pepper rings pickles home style cole slaw. various condiments, mayo, mustard, ketchup corn on the cob So when the burgers were done my friends topped theirs the way they wanted but I did something I hadn't done before. Normally I'd go with cheddar and or swiss, onion slice, pepper rings, and tomato with mustard or mayo. No tomatoes on hand this time so I topped my burgers with cheddar, onion, pepper rings, and mustard and the different for me addition was this time i forked about half an inch of coleslaw on top of the cheese and onion before adding pepper rings and mustard. I swear they were things of beauty, overall about 5 inches thick, I honestly thought about taking a couple pics to post here but decided to just eat them. Tasted great, from now on I will definitely consider adding cole slaw on future burgers. Has anyone else tried burgers that way?
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    So yesterday I had a hamburger at a fudruckers in Glendale Arizona. 2/3 pound plain. Just the meat and lower bun. the cook overcooked it... It just lost the pink when I bit into it. It was still ok as I haven't been to a fudruckers in four years. Seems that all the locations in California had closed up. Glad to see that it's still open in the Phoenix and Las Vegas areas. $10 (and tax) this time around with NO extras.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    Dang. I spelled Fuddruckers wrong. Just noticed it when I checked the receipt. And noticed tax rate in Glendale Arizona is 10.2%.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    Saved the plain top bun for desert. Fresh store baked buns is still a treat. But next time I probably won't get the 2/3 pound plain burger. Instead I'll get the half pound with mushrooms, bacon and Swiss cheese added.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I've had coleslaw with Apple in it on turkey burgers. It's not bad. Grilled pineapple and mango habanero salsa are great on them too. With beef burgers I like guacamole and pepper jack cheese some mayo tomato onion. Add some garlic and carne asada seasoning to the burgers.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    2 years ago
    Fun fact, I eat a burger only once or twice a year. I also only drink coffee once or twice a year, too.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Five guys is great for those of us limiting our salt intake. It's hard to get a burger where you control the toppings at more fast-food places. Any other chains where it's low drama getting a build-your-own burger?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Smashburger. In n out. Fatburger are great at making it how you want
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I like my wife's burgers so much more than anywhere else that I never get a burger out. To put it in context, my brother used to own 15 Five Guys, including one's in the town we live in and the city my office is in and I went 3 times in 8 years.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    White Castle Double Cheeseburgers I wouldn’t want them every day but one to two times per year really satisfies
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion