tuscl

No More Mask Mandates ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Monday, April 18, 2022 10:32 PM
I'm sitting in the Nashville airport. Virtually no one has a mask on right now. I'm about to board the plane and I'm real curious if I'm gonna have to wear one during the flight. I have heard they can't make us anymore. Sure hope so.

24 comments

• san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Federal judge strikes down mask mandate for planes [view link] Halleluiah! SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    At this point, I believe it's up to the airline. If it's airline policy, then they can make you. Or you can get off the flight and book with another airline.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    Check the news. A fed count overturned the extension of the mask mandate. Airlines are privately owned, so they can stil enforce if they want. Hope they don’t. I’m flying this week too.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    Court, not count. Where’s that edit button?
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The Federal Court overturned it late Friday afternoon; let us know if they enforce it.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Virtually every major airline CEO signed a letter to Biden on March 23rd asking him to end the mask mandate. I think if there are airlines that don't honor the court ruling, they might find some that don't schedule with them. On the other hand, there are still people out there that would want to fly an airline that requires masks. Personally, I think it should be up to the individual at this point. [view link]
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    The judge who issues the ruling might get some consideration from me for a dance if I saw her dancing in a Florida club. [view link]
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Well, the people at the gate are saying I can't get on the plane unless I am wearing the mask. Southwest airlines in case you are wondering.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Yeah! SJG
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    ^^ where were you yesterday when all the comments in the discussions were interesting? SJG, can you add any value?
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Captain just made announcement. Masks are now optional. Everyone on the plane cheered.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^ boo hoo library closed on Easter Sunday, nobody got enlightened by SJG.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Some won't fly without masks as a safety precaution. And will choose airlines that require them
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Shailynn was still ridding in the Pacifica, through the vast expanse of West Texas, to sing at a Christian Glee Club event, to get money to keep him and his mom on the road. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    "Federal judge strikes down mask mandate for planes Halleluiah!" WTF? The closet you'll ever get to a real plane is trying to climb in the wheelwell like those Afghanis did when Brandon did such a great job pulling us out of there.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    2 years ago
    I just flew on Delta, masks required.
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    Delta is not enforcing masks anymore. The following was posted at 7pm today. [view link] Your aircrew must not have gotten the memo yet.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    @Warrior Are you able to guesstimate how many people still opted to wear their masks on the plane?
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    After the pilot made the announcement, I'm gonna guess maybe a third kept theirs on. Rough guess.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Philadelphia has a mask mandate. Masks will be back once people start dying again. History will judge us on putting profits before people
  • bluejacketsguy
    2 years ago
    All the people who want a vaccination and even boosters have had ample time to get one, and anyone who doesn’t is not going to wear one anyways if they can avoid it. If for whatever reason you still wish to have the mask for your safety fine, up to you. I mean people wore them on flights way before all the crazy for their personal reasons. At some point you need to realize that wearing the mask is not in and of itself going to stop you from getting it, because unless you never take it off in public and are hyper vigilant with sterilization practices and not touching your face and eyes you can still get it. And let’s be honest after 2 solid years of the first lockdowns and mandates not many people are hyper vigilant.
  • PredragDr
    2 years ago
    I did not realize I was probably on one of the last flights to require a mask late Sunday evening. Hooray!
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    In SJG relevant news - masks are still optional for bicycle riders. It will be interesting to see which airlines continue to require masks.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I noticed this when I was stationed in Japan back in 1964and 1965. 100 years and counting of mask wearing in Japan: [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion