tuscl

Doraville trying another tactic to shit down club.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
By Zachary Hansen, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1 hour ago
Doraville is threatening to fine companies that illegally supply alcohol to an embattled strip club.

According to emails obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the city informed 13 companies that they will be prosecuted if they ship alcohol to Oasis.

I'm not an attorney but this doesn't sound legal to me.

12 comments

• ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    "Doraville trying another tactic to shit down club."

Call crazyjoe! He'll know how to deal with this steaming stack of poop...💩😂
  • Goodclubrep
    3 years ago
    Restraint of trade or something like that? One of our attorney members will know. Seems the City would have to declare an emergency to make restraint of trade legal.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They can't buy alcohol illegally
  • jmiddle30234
    3 years ago
    Was there yesterday it was dead
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Alcohol is a regulated industry. If you are a licensed distributor of alcohol, you can only sell to licensed retailers. If you sell to an unlicensed entity, person or refailer, you are putting your own distributor’s license in jeopardy. That’s the system.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Selling liquor to unlicensed retailer could cost your wholesaler/distribution license. Doraville is crazy enough to tack on nuisance criminal charges like accessory, accomplice, aiding & abetting, profiting from criminal acts, etc. This drama has become good fodder for a podcast or streaming series
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I never use credit cards, but did hear from a bartender Amex is threatening to cut them off because they "have learned" of illegal alcohol sales being charged to Amex. Wonder who told them.?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Seems to be the article:

https://www.ajc.com/neighborhoods/dekalb…

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the city informed 13 companies that they will be prosecuted if they ship alcohol to Oasis Goodtime Emporium.

The city and strip club have been locked in a legal battle for years.

In late February, the Georgia Department of Revenue denied Oasis’s state alcohol license for 2022, and the city bans sexually oriented businesses from serving alcohol. Oasis has been fined multiple times by the city after various busts, and it seems the city is trying to cut the club’s booze off at the source.

"sexually oriented businesses" is an extraalegal trick. This category was used by the Re-Development Agency in downtown San Jose. They are trying to close things without explictit legal basis and without court redress.

SJG
  • WavvyCain
    2 years ago
    This sucks and I probably won’t be back in Atlanta in time! Someone please ask Diamond what club will she work at. I can’t lose her like I did Ariana 😭
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    I stopped at the Home Depot across the street yesterday. There were 8 or 10 cop cars staged at the far end of the lot near the intersection close to Oasis. Anyone know anything? This was about 5 PM.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    I was there until about 6 yesterday. It was business as usual.
  • jmiddle30234
    2 years ago
    Was there yesterday business as usual meaning about 10 girls 5 at a table w regulars very loud 3 or 4 others not interesting and one thin girl blonde in front the rest of her hair black blabs outfit with black fishnets sort of. Tats and a few on fingers. Went to vip with an older guy sitting at bar so I left.l water 4.75
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion