tuscl

Dr. Kevorkian his Word in Fantasy Strip Club Morality Play Rated F-

I'm huge fan of Dr. Kevorkian. Not sure if he would make a good judge despite his arguable compassion for people, because he does also have a killer instinct. :)

Dr. Kevorkian newly released from prison is hanging with some hot stripper babes. Because he's a "bad" boy, a father figure, and rich those stripper hoes is all over the good doctor. Each one pleading for a dance to feed starving children or merely to satisfy their carnal desires. Dr. Kevorkian is seemingly unmoved by the needs of these hot young dancers.

In his mind he knows the hot young dancers are RIGHT! So why won't he do the right thing and get a dance? He claims a higher moral imperative. Yes, sounds very dubious that there could be any higher moral imperative than getting a fantastic dance from a hot young dancer unless it is going FS with her. :)

So what is the good doctor's gravamen? He gave his WORD not to get anymore dances. :( He believes that one must honor their WORD. However, if the good doctor hadn't given his WORD then he'd still be rotting in some stinking government prison for all or most of his "golden" years.

Seems to me the good doctor's higher moral imperative is little more than licking the dirt off his master's boots. Not that I blame him and that is probably the rational thing to do. But, claiming it is a higher moral imperative? That is just too much honey sunshine.

So, I give Dr. Kevorkian and F- as far asserting there is honor in honoring one's WORD when said WORD is given to thugs whether in the employ of government or not.

23 comments

• JC2003
    17 years ago
    WTF? Are you high?
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi JC2003,

I don't think so, but I think I was experiencing extreme back pain. Anyway, it was supposed to be a fantasy story in the mold of Philip K. Dick--not that I remember his books. Don't think I was impressed with him except that he had a following.

It is criminal that people in pain can't get legally get pain medication. Watched a buddy die in agony. The nurse told me the DEA is a little bit fanatical when in comes to keeping their thumb on doctors. The doctor's original excuse was that he was afraid of giving him an overdose. I asked and how much longer do you think a man over 90 years old with major physical problems is really go to last? He was deaf, pleading for pain killers and then he lost his eyesight, which was excellent, completely. He died about 4 weeks later and it was brutal. :(
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    I second the WTF. I understand the fantasy aspects, I just don't see a point anywhere.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    By the way "the DEA is a little bit fanatical when in comes to keeping their thumb on doctors." is absolute bullshit. The DEA does not deal with doctors and hospitals unless there is some evidence of criminal conduct, such as illegal sales or production of drugs. I know this for a fact. A relative of mine works for the DEA, they do not monitor how doctors choose to prescribe in hospitals. If your friend died in pain, blame the doctor.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    If I posted WTF after every post that had absolutely no point, I'd have carpal tunnel syndrome.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Chandler, I post WTF selectively for posts that deserve special note for their extreme WTF-ness. Besides if you are seriously refering to posts with no point blocking two or three posters takes care of most of them.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Sorry, AN, I wasn't knocking you for posting WTF, just saying how often I think that reading this board lately.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    No offense taken, I was just pointing out that there is wtf, and then there is WTF!?

Also blocking is worth considering, at least IMO.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Yeah, I've considered it, except that it would also block threads that can become intelligible. Besides, my eyes have learned to quickly spot screenfulls of meaningless text and skip over them with little ill effect.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi AbbieNormal,

Here's a link for you:

http://www.aapsonline.org/painman/paindo…

Doesn't make sense why the doctor wouldn't want to prescribe the necessary pain medication unless the filthy government and its drug wars were involved. Anyway, it was the nurse that claimed that the DEA were a bunch of assholes creating grief for the doctors. Easy to believe.

I'm in definite extreme pain. You think there would be any problem with me legally getting pain medication if it weren't for the governments' drug wars.

Believe whatever you want. That is just too absurd to argue. Especially with me living in Miami and having to produce photo identification and slew of other information just for cough medicine. So the government is going off the deep end for some cough medicine and yet patients that need pain killers will not be affected by the governments' drug war . . . yeah, whatever . . .

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Oh, I asked the doctor about what the nurse had to say. He didn't say anything. Didn't say that's absurd. Didn't say yes, those asshole DEA are on top of him. Almost like he was afraid to say anthing. Gee he couldn't be afraid of the DEA and its anti-drug nitwits could he?

If the nurse was full of it, then I would have expected a better explanation from the doctor. You could see the poor man was in agony.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Jablake,

Sorry to e dismissive, but the DEA doesn't even care about pot, which is illegal, let alone legal pain killers, your politically partisan link does not change that simple fact.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Whatever it says as official policy, the fact is that they don't go after pot dealers unless they are dealing large quantities of other harder drugs. They may eradicate it, but agents do not go undercover to buy pot and bust a pot dealer.

As far as pain killers in hospitals that is the provence of the FDA, the DEA does not get involved, which was my original point.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Yes, as I said, unless drugs were being sold illegally the DEA wouldn't be interested. I also wouldn't consider CATO to be a neutral party in this since they are for the legalization of drugs and pretty much hostile to any government agency.

You can post links to your heart's content. I am getting my facts directly from field agents who do the investigations and make the arrests.
  • jablake
    17 years ago

Why Is The DEA Hounding This Doctor?
    By MARGOT ROOSEVELT

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articl…
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    What does any of this have to do with a doctor perscribing pain killers in a hospital? All of these are cases where there is some sort of allegation of doctors illegally diverting drugs for illegal resale. That IS a crime, and I did say that those are the cases where the DEA IS interested in doctors.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    "Over the past six years, more than 5,600 physicians from Alaska to West Virginia have been investigated on suspicion of 'drug diversion.' Some doctors allegedly prescribed narcotics too freely, while others issued them to patients who turned out to be dealers or addicts. More than 450 doctors have been prosecuted on charges ranging from illegal prescribing and drug trafficking to manslaughter and murder."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articl…

"St. Joseph Regional Health Center, which serves the Brazos Valley area, has entered into a Stipulated Agreement to pay the United States $750,000 to resolve numerous alleged regulatory violations of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act, United States Attorney Don DeGabrielle announced today. "

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/states/new…

DEA just goes after the guilty, right? A good doctor wouldn't any problem using his best judgment to prescribe painkillers, right? The DEA *is* throwing its weight around the hospitals and gee doctors respond by cutting back on prescriptions for pain medicine. Big surprise, right? If my doctor didn't fear the DEA, then I don't think he'd have any problem treating my foot, knee, and back pains. Gee, I could go doctor shopping, but from what I've been reading that is a "crime" e.g. Rush alleged drug "abuser."

• jablake
    17 years ago
    I wonder what the deal is with the pain medication. I think, I don't know, that most people that take it take it for pain and that it doesn't give a high. Maybe, I'm wrong and most people get a high.

Buying some cough syrup requires government photo id and interrogation--max limit purchase is 2 bottles. So the government is going off the deep end with cough medicine, but some how remains sane when dealing with doctors?

I think the nurse definitely knew what she was talking about.

• AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    "DEA just goes after the guilty, right?"

That is just plain stupid. If they knew wether they were guilty or not they wouldn't have to investigate, now would they? Each case you cited was one where there was a criminal allegation.

"A good doctor wouldn't any problem using his best judgment to prescribe painkillers, right?"

I never said that, now did I? As far as the nurse and the doctor, the hospital is the one place they wouldn't have to wory about the DEA because the doctor's perscription would be on the patient chart and in hospital records and would be administered by a third party, and each dose recorded. More likely he was worried that if the patient OD'd (even though as you said he was on his way out) he could be sued for malpractice by some relative who figured he'd hit the lottery. My guess is the DEA was a convenient way to blame sombody else so you wouldn't keep pushinng for more pain killers.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    The nurse needs to blame someone else? I guess under your theory the nurse was working to protect the doctor or to make me feel better? Well, she had me conned 100% if that is the case. It also seems like the could back fire big time if relatives started complaining to the DEA.

Also, seems like a relative could sue for the doctor failing to prescribe pain killers and I think that has happened to some doctors. Especially, if a "conspiracy" was uncovered where relatives learned that the nurse and or doctor try and routinely use the DEA as scapegoat.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion