tuscl

Aaron Rodgers extension will make QB NFL's highest paid-player

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 5:48 PM
4 years, 200 million Well I suppose he won't have to concern himself with higher gas and food prices. [view link]

22 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's obscene
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    So, they won’t have money left over to pay offensive linemen.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Or receivers...
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    New tv deal. Salary cap is way up.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Yeah the cap is going up 25-30 million over last year but 2 highly paid players will eat that up. And the pack just franchise tagged receiver Adams. Maybe not this year but likely by next year the pack will be in cap trouble. And after Rodgers the other dominos are starting to fall, Russell Wilson to Denver... [view link]
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    2 years ago
    He is returning to the Packers without a contract? NFL Players Union must be pooping themselves
  • grand1511
    2 years ago
    No new contracts can be signed by anyone until March 16.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    "fake post" scrub, ease up on yourself man, nobody accused your post of being fake.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Rogers saying that he hasn't signed a contract even though both sides have agreed to the deal fits right in with him stating that he was "immunized" when he was asked about his vaccination status even though he hadn't been vaccinated. While the statement may have been true it was just his way of misleading people to believe what he wants them to believe.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Damn. He's earned it on field, but he is a huge diva bitch. No arguing that.
  • TFP
    2 years ago
    Meanwhile, the Seahawks traded Russell Wilson. What the fuck? Well at least my Niners don't have to see that fool twice, possibly three times in a season anymore. That fool straight up owned us.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I’d like to see what Seattle does with Geno, after his DUI outburst I hadn’t heard anything since. I wonder if $200 million will get them a ring? Really other than the Rams is there any big threat in the NFC for the Packers in 2022-23? No wonder he didn’t jump to the Steelers. AFC has at least 2 potential contenders in each division, where are there like 4 teams total in the AFC that are tie contenders?
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    WTF??? traded Wilson? Ah fuck. and @shailynn, big threats for the packers, well, the whole NFC West!!! As shitty as the Seahawks record was last year, there's 6 games in their division and the rest all went to the playoffs. Packer's got #1 seed and a bye weeks from those 6 games being gimme's. And then they couldn't beat the NFC West's 3rd place (49'ers), at home even!!!
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^^ I think the NFC west could potentially be a big question mark with exception of the Rams. New QB in Seattle, Jimmy possible gone from the 49ers, QB drama in Arizona. Of course all these things could be fixed by training camp but who knows?
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    The NFC West has long thrived on defense. Rodger's extension kinda spending buys a lot of defense... Seems like everywhere in the league (except GB) there's some kinda QB drama. We'll see who can pull what outa the draft and then start trading. (and I'll bet Goff's itching to get outa Detroit and back at the Rams...)
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    This is another thing that kinda made Tom Brady special; AFAIK for a lot of his career he was never the highest paid QB nor did he command being the highest-paid and a lot of times he was paid a good amount less than the top QB(s)
  • Daybreaker
    2 years ago
    I can't stand Aaron Rodgers.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Desert scrub called you out as usual
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Somebody needs to remind Aaron Rodgers that he only has one (1) Superbowl ring.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    @papi “This is another thing that kinda made Tom Brady special; AFAIK for a lot of his career he was never the highest paid QB nor did he command being the highest-paid and a lot of times he was paid a good amount less than the top QB(s)” That’s a complete fabrication pushed by the Boston media. They also have the market cornered on gritty, undersized white guys and are smarter than everyone else. It’s horseshit. Brady didn’t earn less. He deferred his money and got paid. Huge difference. I didn’t do an exhaustive search but here are some comps: Brady 22 seasons $292M Brees 20 yrs $270M Roethlisberger 18 yrs $267M Aaron Rodgers 17 yrs $264M (and counting) Peyton Manning 18 yrs $249M He’s probably got a lower average than some guys who aren’t as good as he is, but it’s not this great sacrifice that always gets told and retold without any facts. I was always a Brady hater (more a Patriots hater) but fully agree he is the GOAT. I also really enjoyed rooting for him once he got to TB. The idea that the guy with model looks, a supermodel wife, multiple mansions and career earnings on the field in line with other similar players is still the same fat guy who was drafted 199th out of Michigan is a fable. [view link]
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    ^ He was never the highest paid QB even though he was the best. He would have totally justified in insisting on that. He never did. As opposed to Rodgers who made it clear he wanted to be the highest paid player in the NFL.
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    As much as I keep wanting to hate Brady... (ya, this really is my issue, not him...) He's not "the best". Maybe you could skew how you rate individual QB performance to make him so, but as an individual, nope. If I had unlimited budget and no cap, wouldn't pick him. But, he is good, and obviously understands the benefit of being surrounded by similar talent. And similarly seems interested in winning championships rather than singular goals of being the highest paid. It wasn't just him that showed up in Tampa ready to go for it. Many of these guys get pretty darned excited about having the largest contract, even if it's a loosing year... I guess, they can't all be winners, and someone's gotta sell the home team's jerseys for the economics to all work out?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion