tuscl

Who is the World Economic Forum and why don't they want us to own anything?

Saturday, February 19, 2022 4:13 AM
WEF predictions for 2030 [view link] Welcome To 2030: I Own Nothing, Have No Privacy And Life Has Never Been Better [view link] WEF's partners [view link]

51 comments

• Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    Anything about Soylent Green?
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    It's all bullshit like the United Nations. Woke nonsense that will lead to communism.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    The United Nations is simply a forum for all nations to have
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Did Bernie Sanders and AOC produce that video? That's some awfully aggressive predictions to happen within the next 8 years. Yeah, Elon Musk can't even get a factory to install interior trim pieces on a Tesla without them falling off 3 months later but we're all going to Mars!!!! I'd take the reliable 3d printed organs (if they worked right) and I just want a reliable self-driving car. Imagine instead of farting around in 2 airports for a 60 minute flight which ends up taking half of the day if I could hop in a car, take a nap, read the news and have lunch, and in 5 hours arrive at my destination. That 60 minute flight takes about 5 hours when you factor in parking, checking in the airport, a short flight delay, landing, getting your luggage, grabbing a rental car, etc. etc. "Renting" everything could possibly become a real thing. Car manufacturers are dying to "rent" or "lease" services as subscriptions on vehicles. You want heated seats? That'll be $20 a month. You like Apple Carplay? That'll be $11 a month. Recurring revenue, because that $70k you just shelled out for a new car wasn't enough for them.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    ...a voice. The most ethical and the most unethical are represented.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    If you have nothing (which is most of the world) then this is not a bad message. You don't have to own a home or a car to live a good life.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Believe them when they tell you what they wanna do - they want a permanent underclass with nothing that they can control so they can stay in power indefinitely
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... If you have nothing (which is most of the world) then this is not a bad message. You don't have to own a home or a car to live a good life ..." Sure - as long as it's your choice and not the choice of others imposing it on you
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I think it's all a matter of perspective. If you're a citizen of the USA with a 2nd home, 3 cars and 2 girlfriends you're watching this saying WTF I don't think so. If you're 35 still living with your parents in India and all you have is a bike and a goat to your name this message would possibly make you hopeful.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    The reality is we have a pretty amazing life in the USA. Opportunities and private ownership. We have a great country and economic system that rewards effort. I personally love this country and our system of government. The vast majority of the world is not even close to our way of life. The world bank mostly helps countries in need. What do they tell theose citizens? Get rich or die tryin?
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I think everyone is for other countries to have what we have - but the way leftist achieve equality is by bringing those at the top down vs bringing those at the bottom up and there seems to be a class of people that think America has had it too good and it needs to be cut-down-to-size - and plenty of people drink that Koolaid and think that's "virtuous"
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Society needs to be free to be ran by the people (private sector; entrepreneurs; etc); not a small group of idealistic bureaucrats that have often never had a real job nor ran a real businesses and live in an idealistic fantasy bubble
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    The world is not just 2 sides of a coin. Its comforting and easy to think that way but completely unrealistic
  • longjohn81
    2 years ago
    My opinion of the WEF is that it is a bunch of ultra-wealthy people who want to tell all of us “common folk” how to live. They want us to own nothing while they own everything and dictate every aspect of our lives. These people fly into Davos in their private jets and lavish lifestyles and then proceed to tell someone like me who owns a house and two cars that my selfish, market driven lifestyle is the problem with the world. Without a hint of irony, they lecture the rest of the world about economic inequality. They’re fricking billionaires!!! If they’re so concerned about climate change and income equality they should donate their wealth and stop using private jets. This is a propaganda campaign to get us to give up our individual freedoms and autonomy. Before some of you goes all “you’re a right wing troll, blah, blah,”blah”. I am not. I believe in a progressive tax system that doesn’t have loopholes for billionaires to only pay single digit tax rates. But one thing I absolutely will fight against is a super powerful central govt (this is what the WEF is angling for or wants to become themselves) that can dictate outcomes in all of our lives and elevate the 0.1% into total power. It’s what always, always, always happens with super strong central govts. And that is what would be required for people to have no personal property or privacy. If you think that the Billionaires who run the WEF are going to give up their wealth, personal property, and privacy, then I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I’d like to sell you.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Alternate visions exist. And that's exactly what we need. I find it entertaining when some admit that our system is broken but then act like it's so wonderful .......coz look at yhe country lmfao
  • carolinaclubman
    2 years ago
    The only people to truly benefit from the vision of the WEF is them and their cronies. They already live like kings, they want us to live like utter peasants so they can live like gods. Picture The Hunger Games made real.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    The WEF's vision would turn us into the equivalent of indentured servants
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    We're basically serfs and indentured servants for landlords and business owners.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    We live in a world of extreme surplus, but the attachment to individual ownership is what keeps us in an economic and ecological impass. SJG X - Burning House of Love (live) [view link]
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Yeah things are so awful right now, with us living into our eighties, with historically low rates of death from starvation, violence, or infectious diseases. Speaking of sheltered, travel the world Icey, and get out of the public library SJG, and you'll see just how lucky we are.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    And OP, I only read the Forbes article and it reads creepy as fuck. Like the author thinks she described paradise when it comes off like a creepy version of Brave New World. BNW without the sex and drugs that make that world tolerable. If you think Bezos, Gates, Musk, Stryker, Soros, Slim, name your billionaire is going to contribute their wealth to the common good, you should not be allowed to write, let alone reproduce.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    We have an increasing portion of our population, and an increasing percentage of children, living below the poverty line. Squirrel Cage economics is the reason for this. Totally unnecessary, but there it is. Basic Human Rights are being trampled on to keep things the way they are. [view link] And it is the countries which have universal health care that have average life expectancies of 80. Here it is about 5 years less, and with a much higher infant mortality rate. [view link] [view link] And COVID has been the thing which shut the Squirrel Cage down. We needed to have made the change at that time. We didn't, instead we just sent our currency into a tail spin, while putting working people into an even worse situation. And you Tetradon continue to prove why the poor need to stand up for themselves, no differently than the Irish Republican Army. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^^^ Most interesting. Thanks Icey. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Again with your same five responses to everything. Your links aren't even related to your post. You couldn't even get internet connection when the library is closed down, so talking about poverty outside the South Bay, let alone in Latin America or India, sails way the fuck over your head.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Tetraplop resorting to personal attacks as usual.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ LOL. You always call me "sheltered," yet seem to think America is some dystopian squalor. Do you even own a passport?
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Tetradon, they greatest purchasing power for the American working man was from 1969 - 1972, since then it has been down hill. And the time of greatest economic expansion has in the Eisenhauer-Kennedy years with a top tax rate of 90%. And about my f2f life you know absolutely nothing and are just one big open rectum fouling this board. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "And about my f2f life you know absolutely nothing" I didn't say anything that anyone here didn't already know. You spend a full-time job's worth of hours here, and lost internet access for over a year. Now the nimrod who thinks "work ethic" is a scam is going to form an organization that will transform the world! LOL. Since you live through a public library computer, look up how many people paid that 90% tax, and what the effective tax rate really was. Then move on to why purchasing power was so high in those years and why it's declined. You'll find something a little more complex than eViL rEpUbLiCaNs.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Tetradon, you still don't know anything about my F2F life. It is private and very well protected. High progressive taxes is basic Keynesianism. It keeps the money circulating, instead of being used to inflate securities and real estate ponzi schemes. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @SJG, again, you didn't answer my questions. How many people paid 90% tax? What was the effective tax rate? Why did purchasing power decline? None of those answers suit your narrative. Your F2F life is 40 hours a week on a titty bar message board, and losing internet for a year. If I were that much of a loser, I'd get triggered when people talked about it too. As Icey would say, lulz.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    With state and fed tax, it could be higher. It was only the very rich. But I do not know the number. Under the 90% bracket there was an 80% and a 70% etc. Purchasing power dropped for one reason because we had to start paying fair prices for crude oil because of OPEC. But then people elected Reagan and he gutted progressive taxation. And Tetradon, my f2f life is private and well protected. You are again starting to sound like you are either suicidal or intoxicated. SJG Paul Rana, Just Masons [view link]
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Here. ([view link] ) You make it sound like we lived in some utopia where the rich paid their "fair share," though leftists can never define what that means or how they arrived at that. Here, on purchasing power ([view link] ). You haven't mentioned how after WW2, the rest of the world either could not do much manufacturing or had been bombed to hell. The post-war boom was an anomaly. Always was. You could try this other approach to your personal life called "shutting the fuck up about it." But know this. I'll have internet at 6pm Pacific tonight, and you'll be gone until Tuesday. And admit you'd rather party on my siege scaffolding than within your privacy wall ;-)
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The US has always been a plutocratic kleptocracy. It was founded by rich white men who didn't want to pay taxes
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The point is to get the money back from the rich and back into circulation. The poor do not accumulate money and use it to inflate the securities and real estate markets, they can't afford that. So it is the rich whom are holding money and preventing it from being taxed back and respent to create employment and business opportunities. The architect of Bretton Woods and post war prosperity was John Maynard Keynes. And people have since scrutinized this and found that the highest economic growth occurs at a top tax rate of 85%> So if we are going to make our economics work and go to UBI, Medicare for all, strong public housing (should be profitable), and free college and college debt forgiveness, we have to understand that they way the money bleeds out is because the rich have tap roots going deep into our economy. They ride on the backs of the poor and workers, and the middle-class. So that is where the money will end up. So you have to raise taxes on high incomes and on large wealth accumulations in order to get that money back so that it can recirculate. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Europe tried the wealth tax approach and scrapped it. It sounds nice--in reality, it will send increasingly mobile capital afar, and not generate very much. Oh, and it might not even be legal. It's easy to assume "the rich" could fund utopia, but if you look at the European social democracies or Canada, you'll see those taxes filter well down into the middle class. [view link]
  • yahtzee74
    2 years ago
    "That's some awfully aggressive predictions to happen within the next 8 years." Sorry, forgot to say that this video is from 2016.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @Yahtzee, this is what that writer's bizarre fantasy sounds like [view link] [view link].
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Go preach to the homeless. 🤡
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ What do you think SJG is?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    What do you get out if calling him homeless? You're closer to being homeless than to the super rich whose assess you rim
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Calling him? What if it's true? It's the best explanation for only being able to access internet on the times/days he does.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    No it's not . San Jose has public wifi Hotspots and I know someone who lives close to a library and gets their wifi like a block away 24 7. He keeps his f2f life private
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Right, and that's why he couldn't access the internet for over a year, and can't respond on Sundays and public holidays. Because he's impersonating a homeless person. Lol. I think he likes people inquiring about his private life. Otherwise he wouldn't bluster about it. How many people here stay anonymous by just not talking about it? In his mind, it makes him magnetic and interesting. He'll be back on at noon Pacific time Tuesday. You heard it here first.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Libraries are open on Sundays. He could just work nights or has a bad cell phone data plan. Some people share more some share less.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    A homeless person can get wifi a lot of places. only place I can see internet use being limited is a half way house. And I'm not talking about sjg. Truth is for all his quirks he's a lot more informed and socially conscious than most here.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Unlikely. Not being able to access the internet for over a year doesn't speak to having resources or resourcefulness. The simplest, and therefore most likely correct, solution, is that he didn't have access. He isn't dumb, but repeats the same 3-4 solutions for everything, even when presented with contrary evidence. That doesn't take brains.
  • yahtzee74
    2 years ago
    "If you have nothing (which is most of the world) then this is not a bad message. You don't have to own a home or a car to live a good life." This could describe the life of a pet.
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    2 years ago
    I want to attend this for one reason. Go up to the president of Brazil and say: "Thanks Bolsonaro, caca"
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Go away, Cacaplop Do your idiocy here [view link]
  • yahtzee74
    2 years ago
    tetradon "@Yahtzee, this is what that writer's bizarre fantasy sounds like" Thanks for the links. WEF founder Schwab has also written a couple of books. The Fourth Industrial Revolution and The Great Reset. You can download them here: [view link] [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion