tuscl

What does it mean when a dancer adds your social media or phone number?

Recently I was at a club where three dancers, separately added me on either social media or asked for my phone number within a span of two hours. First dancer and I chatted for a while, with no drink or LD pushing. She added me on IG- her dancer account ofc. Second dancer chatted with me randomly, again no drink or LD pushing. Out of the three I vibed with her the most, and right before I was leaving she smoothly added me on snap. Third dancer had me get her phone number (I did not ask for it). It was her actual, personal cell.

My question is, is there usually an agenda associated with this kind of stuff? For example, is it to make custies think they’re special? Or maybe, in the case of IG, to entice them into coming back?

44 comments

• Dan3635
    3 years ago
    Yup, just building her Rolodex of PLs. She can text you when it gets slow.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    It means she thinks she can get you to come back and give her more money in the future.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    It means they are madly in love with you and want to have babies with you.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Duude, there's no Stripperborg Hive Mind. Depends on the dancer. Just follow the usual rule of not being a DM jerk, don't send more than 1 or 2 messages without getting an answer.

If I'm wrong about there not being a Stripperborg, then this is nicespice's real picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uv-qYn_b7YQ/SR… .
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If I were you I’d go with doctor evils explanation, that’s the most plausible scenario.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    No different than a business-person giving you their business-card.

Are random hot-chicks outside the club giving you their social media and offering u their #?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    She wants you as a potential regular. It's to have contact so she can ask you to come to the club to spend money on her. Or to randomly ask you to be generous with her cashapp lulz

There's nothing wrong with that. You enjoyed your time with her so now you have access to her when you want to go to the club again.
  • K
    3 years ago
    I'll pretend this isn't BS.

"What does it mean when a dancer adds your social media or phone number?" this might sound crazy. Having a conversation with her might be a better idea than asking us.

"My question is, is there usually an agenda associated with this kind of stuff?" there is always an agenda. people, dancers, non-dancers, men, women do not hand out their contact info for no reason. Only they know the reason. They may change their minds and wish they hadn't.

Do you walk around with a name tag, "hello my name is ahhhhhvocado. My contact info is ________" If not, they must have asked you for your IG and snapchat info. That was the perfect time to ask them why if they didn't volunteer it.

Grow a set and talk to her.
  • PipeHerArcher
    3 years ago
    I am pretty new to SC and wondered this as well. Until I constantly got text to come see them on week nights. HA!
  • gotoguy
    3 years ago
    Great question! Answer is "ask her why she wants it".

I've also commonly been given and asked for shared phone numbers. I use my burner. They usually don't answer texts or calls. I'll take my own advice next time and ask her.
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    Yes, there's always an agenda.

Lots of (correct) responses that this is standard marketing outreach -- they think you have potential as a repeat customer, and this is how you can get in touch with them to find out their schedule, etc.

What's missing is that there's also a short-term payoff. Many guys will not understand that socials and her phone number are merely an extension of her hustle, and will get very excited about it. That maximizes the chances that he'll spend the rest of the night, and the rest of his money (often, far more than he intended to spend) on her -- investing in a budding relationship to maximize his chances. Which are zero :)

TL;DR: get you to spend all your $ on her tonight, and get you to come back and see her.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Asking her why she wants-it does-no-good - we all know why or should know why after reading this thread - it's just part of the hustle or as many strippers refer to it "the fantasy" - stripper
    earnings can often be inconsistent and many dancers like to have regulars in order to have some consistency to their earning$; and it's often easier to have regulars coming in to see her than her having to work the room from custy to custy which often has a high-failure-rate; regulars-$$$ is both consistent and usually a $ure-thing.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    One way or another, they want a larger slice of your fun money.

Make sure that they only connect to a burner number or club-facing social media (if you've gone to that trouble).
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Keep in mind it defines you as her customer vs the clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Her wanting your info, or giving you hers, it's not necessarily a bad-thing as long as one knows the basis for it (strip club business) - having her info it's easier to get w/ her in the club in the future if that is what one wants
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    It means she wants to have a deep, meaningful, long-term relationship with you.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Maybe they saw you surfing TUSCL on your phone and said "that guy is a stud" (since we are all studs in the $350k-club and up)
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    "Asking her why she wants-it does-no-good - we all know why or should know why after reading this thread - it's just part of the hustle or as many strippers refer to it "the fantasy" - stripper "

Right, asking a salesperson why they are doing something, the reply will be an extension of their sales pitch. Might be fun to ask anyway, just to hear the reply. Many girls will be perfectly honest -- so you can find out when I'm in the club and come visit me. But in general, we (experienced customers) have more valuable insights, than asking the sales person.
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Papi, wrt to your first comment, yes I do get social media and/or #’s OTC from non-strippers. With that said, it’s usually after building some type of rapport or trust, even at the bars/nightclubs. With some women I’ve had to build more rapport, with others less, it all depends
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    Sorry, what’s stripperborg hive mind?
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Papi, surprisingly enough there was a pretty hot woman (again, non-stripper) who was visiting the SC with her guy friends and hitted on me. She moved to an older guy when she realized I was a few years younger than her. The last venue I’d imagine that taking place but hey, can’t complain lol
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @K, I asked two of the three separately why they added me. IG one said she liked my vibe, thought I was cool. Probably stripper shit, idk. Cell phone one said similar shit.
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Call.Me.Ishmael, I don’t have a burner lol. She didn’t either. As for the IG girl, yes that seemed to be a club account- almost every post is her being as nude as one can w/o breaking IG guidelines.
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Papi, wrt to your 2nd comment: So she could essentially be playing the long con?
    Your third comment makes sense- yea, seems transactional

Lmao your last comment, def the TUSCL. I wish I made 350K lol
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Subra (and anyone else with similar comments), wrt to your first message: Holy shit that makes a lot of sense now- all three added me when they found out I was from here. They know a local is likely more profitable than a tourist (albeit I don’t permanently live here- I’m bw here and the mainland)
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    Btw guys, this isn’t a troll or bs question. I’m fairly new to the SCs, was genuinely curious
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Dancers go to the club to make $$$; not try to hook up - these are attractive young girls and most likely-have-a-BF (sometimes a GF) outside the club – getting a dancer’s contact info is not hard nor any kinda accomplishment, especially if they are the ones handing it out; likely they give it to most custies they think they can make $$$ off of – many experienced SCers have gotten many #s throughout their clubbing career often times unsolicited.

I’d guesstimate 99 times out of 100 it’s just business as has been posted – inexperienced SCers may often times think they are the exception or that “there dancer is different”; it rarely is; most of us have been there and many of us thought the same early-on in our clubbing career.

At the end of the day no-one can say w/ 100% certainty what a dancer’s intentions are, just 99% certainty :) - at the very-least as a newbie-SCer you have TUSCL as a resource and able to get advice from guys that have been there and done that and this should give you a leg-up in navigating the often SC shark-infested-waters.

If the first thing coming out of their mouths when/if contacting you is “come see me at the club” vs “hey let’s hang-out”, that is pretty-much a clear-indication of their motives; although inexperienced custies often justify in their heads dancers’ actions that in reality should be red-flags.

Experienced SCers know the deal and either don’t play the game, or they know what it’s about and go w/ it b/c they like to hang-out w/ dancers both ITC and OTC although they are aware it’s mostly busine$$ from the dancer’s POV – most of the time these “hook ups” would never occur if she was not a stripper and him a custy or if $$$ was not involved; i.e. $$$ is at the root of the “relationship” and at the root of almost all these dancers.

Not trying to be a "Mr Negative"; just that history shows most inexperienced SCers often misread dancers' intentions and dancers' actions are often smoke-and-mirrors.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    You have to watch Star Trek Next Generation to know about the Borg Hive Mind. Otherwise, never mind.
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Papi, Thank you, that was a firm but necessary reality check that I needed. Please excuse my naivety, and I'm sure you and other TUSCLers can tell I'm young (I'm in my 20's)
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    ahhhhhvocado said: "@Call.Me.Ishmael, I don’t have a burner lol. She didn’t either."

First of all, you don't know that, unless she held up her phone and said "This is the phone I use to talk to my very close friends and family. Let's call my mom right now." Even then, she'd probably be lying because 99% of dancers have a phone that they *only* use for strip club stuff, like hoovering up customer contact information.

It's totally up to you, but you may want to think a little bit about the proximity between the sex workers in your life and people who might react badly to you having sex workers in your life. I have no idea about your job, family, or relationship status, but there are people in all of those groups who probably won't love that you're getting 80 texts per day from a stripper. Then again, if you're in a situation where you can be 100% open about having a bunch of strippers in your phone and social media, then go for it. But consider if that situation is only valid *right now* but may not be in the future. These digital things we do live on forever, and in the future can quickly change from being breadcrumbs to evidence.

Personally, even if I could be more open about my strip club activities, I would probably still have separate phone and social media accounts solely for that stuff. I try to be careful about who I give a window into my private life and who can gather up personal information about me (and my family).

There is also the reality that some dancers are lunatics. Not all. The dancers who have my "clubbing" number right now are all great and savvy about how to reach out to me. But, there is a small number of dancers who, after a few encounters, I realized were lacquered in thick crazy sauce, and I'm very glad that I never gave them any inroads into where I live, where I work, where I like to hang out, etc. (plus all the people associated with those places).

For most guys who blow this stuff off, all they need is one encounter with a dancer who is either legitimately out of her mind or a ruthless scam artist and suddenly they find religion when it comes to separating their club and personal lives.

But, hey, it's obviously your call.
  • K
    3 years ago
    "the reply will be an extension of their sales pitch." But in this case, he doesn't know what she is selling, OF, more dances, OTC. he should ask while she is right in front of him. He has a better chance of closing the deal or not wasting time later.

"IG one said she liked my vibe, thought I was cool." and you didn't follow up? Grow a set and talk to her.

"99 times out of 100 it’s just business as has been posted " - i agree but what business? ITC, OTC, OF, Fansly?

"If the first thing coming out of their mouths when/if contacting you is “come see me at the club” vs “hey let’s hang-out”," - this is the conversation he should have had when they exchanged contact info. She hasn't had time to forget who he is. She might find her money somewhere else, and he loses his OTC chance.

• bkkruined
    3 years ago
    It's the same when a used car salesman adds you to social media...

• ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @K, I think there may be a slight misunderstanding? I had talked to all three dancers for a decent amount of time- two of them never once asking for drinks or LDs- before they added me. The IG dancer and I chatted for 40-45 minutes. She stayed even though I declined the waitress a drink for her the first time. She asked for my IG somewhere midway. I bought her one drink ($20) some time after that. The Snapchat dancer and I talked for around 20 min and right before I left she said to add her personal snap account. As for the phone number dancer, yea that was a little weird. Basically, we both found out that a problem I’m currently facing falls under her line of work during the day, so she offered her services. I obviously declined while still making jokes and being playful but she still had me add my number in her phone, which I was fine with. She also mentioned how she found it refreshing that I was her age and “I was the only one dressed and smelling nice” since most of her custies don’t, according to her. She didn’t do the whole “you’re handsome, charming” bs either. The closest it got to that was when she said “I guess you’re kinda cute”, with a bit of attitude (and stuck with it when I jokingly gave her a hard time on the “kinda”). But then again, maybe she’s playing 4-D chess, who knows.
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @Call.Me.Ishmael, Thank you for that last comment. Quite honestly, I didn’t think much about the long-term repercussions of using my regular phone for exchanging contacts/social media with dancers, until reading your comment. It reminds me of the celebrities who are getting cancelled bc of one or a couple naive, ignorant or downright stupid decisions or comments they made when they were younger. I’m still not sure if I’d be willing to go out of my way to get a burner atm, but I’ll compromise for that right now by not openly giving my number or even my real social media just bc a dancer asks for it, regardless of the extent of our rapport
  • ahhhhhvocado
    3 years ago
    @K, forgot to write this in my recent reply but I asked the IG dancer why, when she asked for my IG. I recall her saying “bc you’re cool” or something along those lines. However, I didn’t push the question further and definitely didn’t downright ask if she’s doing it for OTC or wanting me to come to the club again, which I think I should have.
  • K
    3 years ago
    " which I think I should have." - yes, you should have. She may not remember you the next day. She may have been looking for an OTC session that night.

"However, I didn’t push the question further" She thinks you are cool. That was an invitation to continue the conversation. There are so many directions to go to continue the conversation with an opener like that.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    If you don't want a separate phone, then there are several phone apps out there that will put up a wall between you and club life. One of the better ones is called "Burner", but there are many.

Obviously, that's not quite as secure as a separate phone, but for most guys it's sufficient.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's not a big deal. Just a way to stay in touch as a customer. Don't over think it
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    "Obviously, that's not quite as secure as a separate phone, but for most guys it's sufficient."

I agree that a second phone is most secure if you don't have (say) a wife, or girlfriend you live with. If she finds your second phone, or finds you on it -- every woman knows what a second phone means. That can't happen if you just have your single phone, with google voice or whatever. Just one phone, nothing else for her to find. She'll never go on your phone anyway (right?), so no reason for her to be snooping around on it
  • LecherousMonk
    3 years ago
    In my experience, nothing. Just a way for them to string you along every time you try to set up OtC, only to hit you up with, "Come see me in the club," on the weekends.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Subra—>“I agree that a second phone is most secure if you don't have (say) a wife, or girlfriend you live with. If she finds your second phone, or finds you on it -- every woman knows what a second phone means.”

I don’t have enough emotional investment to really care, and I generally agree with what seems to be the consensus that a messaging app is the easiest and works well. But just to play devil’s advocate—can’t a second phone just simply be what one’s workplace provides? Or maybe a business owner prefers to have a separate phone for work related things?
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    n ice: it could. There are definitely guys out there with two phones, one for work. If it's a work phone, though, then she sees him on it constantly, especially for work calls. A phone that she tried to hide but she found? Or a phone she walks in on him using, and he acts startled and hides it?

Second phone is the classic tipoff for adultery. I don't think it's a good idea to bank on your spouse being the one person too dopey to realize it! If he had a work phone, she'd know it already
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Subraman
    When I ran my business I had a hurricane phone, which was a cell phone I purchased after a hurricane, to be able to get calls from clients, despite the land lines all being down, the way I used it was simple I had my business phones call forwarded to the hurricane phone, and even though it had it's own number assigned, I used that number as my burn number, and only answered calls on the forwarded numbers which were easily determined by the call screen showing my main land line and if I wanted to I could set the phone to divert it's own number to another voice mailbox, I know the explanation sounds complicated but it was very simple and just about idiot proof.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    To reiterate what I’ve previously stated, no-one can state w/ 100% certainty what a dancer’s intentions are but history says one is safer assuming her angle is purely business/$$$ and then be pleasantly surprised if it’s actually genuine – problem is most non-TUSCLarly-educated newbies often don’t have a frame-of-reference and instead of assuming a dancer’s motivation is likely just business, they often assume it’s genuine civilian interest on her part - as I’ve posted in the past, strip-clubs are bizarro-world and in many ways different from the “real world” and most newbies just have experience in the real-world and are thus often unequipped when it comes to knowing how to navigate the hu$tle of strip-clubs (again all of us were newbies at one point and often learned our lessons the hardaway especially if we started SCing while not being TUSCLers).

w.r.t. the burn phone; as has been stated, I don’t see anyway one could know if a dancer's # is a real ph # or a burn # - it is pretty-common for strippers, at least the experienced ones, to do the burn-# thing for both safety and convenience – their burn-# is kinda their “business phone” – they also often have a “business”/dancer IG/social-media, thus the fact these are often the ones they give out to custies then good chance they are also giving out a burn-#.

I used to have a separate burn-phone – I don’t have an S.O. but based on others on TUSCL that commented on having one, I subsequently got a burn-phone – I had the burn-ph for a while but found it inconvenient to have 2 separate phones and I eventually just switched to a burn-app (I use “TextNow” which was recommended by a fellow TUSCLer; it’s free and good enough for what I need which is occasional texting and calling) – IMO the likelihood for something bad happening if you give out your real-# is low, especially if you don’t have an S.O., so for me I don’t find it necessary to have to go thru extra trouble of maintaining a separate ph and the burn-app gives me enough anonymity even though it’s not 100% anonymity – usually the main-issues one can find when exchanging contact-info w/ a dancer is that she may be blowing up your phone when she’s hurting for $$$, or the opposite where she just blows you off (in the not good way) – of course I imagine there have been instances over-the-years where a PL ran into a real psycho-bitch that may have caused him issues but that is not common IME.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion