tuscl

Bill Selection in Clubs

DougS
Florida
I've only had this problem on a few occasions, but I believe the older I've gotten, the bigger the problem has become.

After staring at computer screens for 9 hrs a day for almost 25 years, my eye sight has taken a beating. I USED to have 20-15 vision when I began working with computers. Now, I find myself needing reading glasses at work, and when reading fine print. I also believe that my "night vision" isn't what it used to be.

Both of these factors have resulted in a problem at the clubs. When it comes to getting my money out, I sometimes have a hard time differentiating a particular bill's denomination. This became especially apparent during my last club visit. Either the VIP area was darker than it used to be, or my dancer knew the exact place to sit that is darker than the rest in the VIP room, because I thought it was A LOT darker than I'd ever seen it there. It seemed that every time I pulled out my wallet, I really had to study the bill to make sure I was pulling out the correct one. Even still, I mistakenly pulled a $10 when I meant a $20, several times (hopefully, I didn't make that mistake in the other direction).

I always have my wallet organized by denomination which usually helps. However, my problem usually isn't at the beginning of a visit. It usually rears it's ugly head when I've got a wider variety of bills in my wallet instead of just having a lot of 20's. Also, it doesn't help if I've had a few drinks.

Anyhow, does anyone have a good system for being able to discern the value of the bills easily in the dark?

13 comments

• Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Once I stage-tipped a girl with what I thought was a $1 but, later, when I worked it out at home (I always work it out afterwards at home; I'm accounted to the penny in every way 100% of the time, thank you Quicken!) I realized I had tipped her a $20 under her garter. She had given me a huge smile and had attended to me rather rapidly after her set, and golly gee I'd WONDERED what I'd done to deserve such attention. :)
  • rockie
    17 years ago
    Lap money in my one pocket (20's). Drink and tip money in another pocket sorted (1's - 10's). Reserve money in my wallet(`All 20's). I never organize my money except when I'm going to the club. This has worked for me so that I'm comfortably aware of my money situation at all times. I never want to use ATM/Credit Card either. I never knew how good I had it w/ my 20/15 until it faded!
  • curiousier
    17 years ago
    You might try a small keychain flashlight. My led flashlight is about this size of a USB flash drive. You might have to shield it when using it, since it tends to be pretty bright.
  • pushin50
    17 years ago
    I put my money in batches of $100. It doesn't matter whether its (5) 20's , (2) $50's, or a mixture. I then fold the batch in the middle and put it in one of the four corners of my wallet. I have a wallet which has two sections for bills. I keep a hundred in my pocket. When the hundred is gone, I take out one batch= $100. That might help you, as you would know that you just pulled out a hundred, and it should be easier to calculate than sorting through a mixed up wallet of bills.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I keep singles loose in one front pocket and 5s, 10s & 20s folded and sorted in the other front pocket. 50s & 100s I keep buttoned in a back pocket with my ID and credit card. If you have trouble reading the numbers on 5s, 10s & 20s, the easiest way is to check the portraits on the front. Hamilton (10) is facing to the left; Jackson (20) and Lincoln (5) are facing to the right, only Lincoln is inside a dark oval. Or else turn it over and look at the number in the lower right corner. That's where it's printed the boldest and most readable.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I never take any bill larger than a $20. They all go in my wallet in my back pocket with a zipper one it.(This is LD money) $1's go in my right front pocket.(This is tip money). $2's 5's and 10's go in my left front pocket(drink money). It has always worked well for me. I don't have an ATM card. I always take enough cash.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Like 'rockie' I keep my reserve money in my wallet. I hate opening my wallet in a SC!

$20s in my left pants pocket; $1s in my right pants pocket; reserve cash in my wallet. $5s & $10s in my shirt pocket (for LD tipping).

Like 'pushin50', I put my $20s in bundles of $100, even in my wallet. My clubbing bank starts at $200 in twenties, As I cash one twenty, say for drinks, $1s go to the right pocket, and $5s and $10 in my shirt pocket. This way, I have some accounting of my running funds.

I used to always carry a couple of $100 bills in my wallet, for the BIG FIX (extras). Over time, I found them too easy to expel from the 'ole wallet' and have learned to 'barter' more with twenties.

What erks me is when I get home, I usually have a WAD of one-dollar bills that won't fit in my money clip.

The perfect solution: Have the U.S. Treasury start printing our bills like the Euro Dollar --- color coded --- in different sizes AND --- for the blind --- each bill is a different texture!
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    use a money clip or a rubber band big bills on the inside and ones on the outside. Keep them in order and never have the problem again
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    one tip. with new US bills, look at back of bill, it is easier to read and numbers seem larger
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Good point ShotDisc. When going through a drive-thru (eat), I always hand my bill with via reverse, where the denomination number is more clear. This pretty much ensures the window server of the bill amount.

lotsoffun201 has a good point. Using a money clip, I keep the ones on the outside always and the twenties on the inside, all bills arranged catagorically by denomination.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I too have had this problem in very dark clubs. I have 2 compartments in my wallet - twenties go in one, smaller bills in the other. And I've never taken anything larger than a twenty into a club. I'm sure I've made mistakes, but the way I look at it is that it's worth an occasional mistake for the added darkness.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I hate having to dig into a wallet for small bills, in a strip club or anywhere. I tried using a money clip after receiving a very nice one as a gift, but the clip itself became a nuisance and I found I could keep bills organized just as well by folding them without a clip. Now, I only keep 100s in my wallet, and I don't take my wallet into a strip club, so I transfer the bills into a secure pocket. The other change when I'm in a club is that I separate all my singles into one pocket so that I can always easily grab one for tipping. It looks really dumb when a guy pulls out his wallet in order to find a buck to give to a stripper.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    Fives and Singles in my ahirt pocket, 20's or larger in my wallet. I also have the denomination that I am going to give my fav pre-counted in one of my pockets so that I don't have to count the cash out in front of other curious eyes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion