tuscl

I’m out, I’m done, progressives you won

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article…

Alvin Bragg new Manhattan DA. Under his reign armed robbery, if nobody is injured is a misdemeanor. Combined with bail reform that means they don’t even go to jail while they await trial. So you could put a gun to a guys head, rob his store, get your ticket and walk scott free. Robert Morgenthau is spinning in his grave.

Progressives I just have to take moment to congratulate you, put it in the Guinness book of world records, run away winner, your are the dumbest motherfuckers in history of the universe. You did it. You won. You got it. You fucked up LA, San Francisco, Portland is still burning, Seattle, Chicago, St Louis, Philadelphia and now New York City. I’m done, I refuse to live in a state thats run by people that make and Icey Loco seem only mildly retarded. I refuse to step into the rocket ship and blast off to Planet Xenon with the rest of you. Not doin it.

I’m moving out to the boonies somewhere, don’t want to hear another one of these radical lefties speak again, it’s gives me severe migraine headaches and drops my IQ 10 points every time. I’m not going on this ride. I’m not gonna do the San Francisco experiment. I’ve had enough of this stupid shit for a lifetime. Fuck it all.

111 comments

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I just posted about Alvin Bragg, he is not going to prosecute prostitution cases.

I plan to be spending time in NYC now!

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=6896…

SJG

It was someone on TUSCL who first turned me on to Louis Bellson

Louie Bellson & His Big Band 1983 Lew Soloff, Randy Brecker, Michael Brecker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWJFvJoR…

The Brecker Bros
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OL…
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    It's Christmas year-round for criminals in NYC now - criminals can commit gun-crimes but god-forbid a law abiding citizen has a gun for self-protection
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ they'll go after law-abiding citizens with everything they can
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I guess there laws don't allow guns?

In the vast majority of situations, when guns are used they are used for bad.

Deal with trouble makers without guns:

http://guardianangels.org/

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Downgrading non violent crimes is necessary. America's jails and prisons are full of people whose sentences don't match their crimes
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I fully agree!

SJG
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The lowlifes are preying on the people the filthy rats on the left lie about supporting. I won't get robbed in Northern Maine.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    And I won't have to deal with skibum because they keep him in the locked ward of the nursing home.

SJG
  • longjohn81
    3 years ago
    @icey: How is armed robbery a non-violent crime?!? I agree we have too many people in prisons (especially non-violent drug offenders), but pulling a gun on someone when stealing from them seems to be closer to violent than non-violent. “Your money or your life” seem non-violent to you?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This is why I posted about Bragg and about San Francisco's Boudin. I want to understand what the real parameters are and about what people are saying about it and about what is happening.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ It does sometimes seem like we are going for that second option. It won't be good.

SJG
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Ooh fun, where were you thinking of moving to?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    DAs are supposed to prosecute criminals; not act as defense-attorneys which is what many progressive DAs are doing – the left has been very strategic about taking over key-institutions in order to force leftist rules that average-Americans don’t want – it’s amazing how just one person (a DA) can have so much control over the laws of a city even when no-one else is onboard w/ their crazy leftist views including most of the other prosecutors in the office that often times end up quitting over these absurd leftist agendas.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Jstrong99 armed robbery is usually a violent crime. In some states it's enough that any weapon be present. I'm not familiar with new York laws. From my understanding Bragg wants to look at the specifics of violent crime cases and offer more plea deals. Less time for violent misdemeanors. Less time when no one is hurt.. Things like that. Not to let violent criminals go. I understand what he's doing but I don't think it's a good idea when it comes to crimes involving weapons unless plea deals that help the DA prosecute more violent criminals and organizations can be made.

Papi chulo excessive sentences are a huge burden on tax payers. A lot of it has to do with the cost of incarceration. Plus alternate forms of punishment that help with re entry into the general population.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    "Ooh fun, where were you thinking of moving to?"

This seems to be mocking but there is a trend of people moving from certain blue states.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisdorsey…
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    SJG - I plan to be spending time in NYC now!

COMING SOON

SJG logging in at the New York Public Library. May want to rethink that move buddy, someone is going to steal your Huffy bike real quick, probably beat the shit out of you for no reason and you'll be awfully cold in your cardboard box during February in NYC.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    NYC is a shit hole. It has nothing on LA especially when it comes to girls.
  • etsutwigg222
    3 years ago
    The movie Escape from NY was predicting just this crazy stuff. They need to build the wall to keep his voters inside, but they are usually the first to get out of the crap they voted for.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    And not for nothing check out this crazy bitch that lost the Seattle City Attorney race with 48% of the vote. That is so close for some lunatic like this https://www.reddit.com/r/SeattleWA/comme… That shit is unbelievable.

@Papi yeah and I believe only 17% voted so that's likely most of the extremist vote. Nobody votes, so the extremists will win out.

@Nice anywhere where they don't bow down and worship murderous gang bangers. Major metropolitan areas, it's getting harder and harder to find. You got to really be out in the sticks.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    What would you suggest? Life sentences for misdemeanors? Death sentences for felonies? Or letting rittenhouse loose on everyone?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Police death squads?
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    You know what, your absolutely right Icey. Lets let everybody and anybody do whatever the fuck they want to anybody. Makes sense.

Icee we'll see how down your are with the cause when somebody in your family or even yourself gets hurt. But until then it's totally cool if happens to somebody else or their family right? Right.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    You have to be a special kind of stupid to live in places like NYC, Detroit, Chicago, LA, and San Fran. I'm from Chicago, I get that big cities still have the museums, the stadiums, the zoos & aquariums, etc. But that is only because large cities are population centers, and the majority of thw population are idiots. Just look at the popular vote for the past three decades.

Then you have to expand that out to the state level. I left Illinois because the Chicago-Springfield democrat corruption dragged the whole state left and down. Same for Detroit, California, NY, etc. It is stUpid to recognize how backwards those places are, but to live there anyway. I understand the challenges of moving, but sometimes you just have to make the change. Let the bastard commie liberals destroy those places and eat each other.

The real danger to the freedom loving patriots of this nation is when the same bastard commies move to free states like Florida and Texas and start voting the same stupid way that ruined their old home state. Like I said, the majority of this nation are idiots.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Muddy. What punishment should you get for solicitation since you believe in the letter of yhe law?

Having a hard on crime position on everything other than being a trick coz you pay hoes makes you sound like idiots
  • longjohn81
    3 years ago
    @Icey: I can’t speak to anyone else’s views on how strict laws should be, but I don’t think it needs to be an absolutist view either way. The original comment you made seemed to indicate you agreed with this DA that armed robbery should be a misdemeanor and I strongly disagree with that. That’s totally incentivizing criminals to use weapons and the potential for devastating injury and loss of life can always occur when people are committing crimes with weapons. When you suggest someone is advocating for “police death squads” it seems like a straw man argument. If someone points a gun at someone to rob them, it should be a felony with serious jail time. Any other opinion seems pretty outlandish to me.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Letting Rittenhouse loose seems like a great idea. If more violent criminals faced the consequences of their actions, we'd live in a much safer society.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "NYC is a shit hole. "

And LA isn't? LA is just a more spaced out shithole with palm trees. I've been there several times and it's shameful how they've let that place go outside of a few glossy tourist sections. Tourists can't even do the walk of stars at night because of all the hookers and drug dealers.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    “yahtzee74
    `
    10 Hours Ago
    "Ooh fun, where were you thinking of moving to?"

This seems to be mocking but there is a trend of people moving from certain blue states.

www.forbes.com

Okay just read that. Idk why is the author using Ohio as one of the states people are choosing to be a refugee from blue states at? So yes Columbus has been on the upswing consistently for decades as far as population growth. And (anyone can correct me if I’m wrong) I get the impression it’s a more democrat over there, thanks to university influence?

But as for the rest of the state…it’s definitely not some Mecca people are going to. Though Cincinnati did have population increases after a couple decades of decline. But Cleveland, Dayton, Akron, Toledo has been consistent population decline for decades for whatever reason.

Meanwhile super blue Portland and Seattle, including in 2021, has had consistent population growth. Nothing crazy high in their percentages. But it’s there. People from California go to those places too.

Also I wanted to point out: , geographic mobility has been down in general as far as moving goes. Not just now, but for decades.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/what-…

When people move, I get the impression it’s mostly for affordability reasons, not ideological. (Though it certainly does help that red areas tend to be more affordable.) And that a “people are fleeing” (from anywhere to anywhere really) narrative is overblown. Though IMO it probably would be a good idea if more people were to actually flee to wherever would make them happiest. And I personally wish that narrative was true.

I’ve been reading a fair amount of demography topics lately just because I’m a dork. Sorry for the hijack but IMO that Forbes article is just sensationalizing and more about narrative pushing than facts.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Anyways @Muddy if you’re serious about moving and interested in ideas, feel free to reach out. I love looking up places for the heck of it. 😋 I’d imagine some college town would be more to your liking. Can still keep your mongering MO with a younger more attractive population on average but a smaller environment to lessen the effects of what’s affecting larger cities.

Maybe something like these places…?
    https://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/30-gr…
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ No nice, it is real and hardly overblown. It has already been happening for a long time, which is why NY and CA are both losing Congressional seats to places like TX and FL. It then further accelerated once the SALT cap was put in place and sped up even more during the COVID crisis.

When you tax the shit out of your highest earners, eventually they get tired of it. When you lock people down for many months on end, eventually those with the means to leave will do so. Contrary to your theory about affordability, it is largely affluent people fleeing places like NY and CA, not low income folks. Moving ain't cheap.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The failure to enforce laws is simply an admission by democrats that their base is all criminals and cannot follow the law like normal decent Americans. If you use a gun in a crime you should be shot with one.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Can't say I'm an expert in demography but from afar it seems the COL and taxes keep going up in placea like CA and NY while the QOL is going down
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ And the COL is going down where? and the QOL is up exactly where?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ tons of places
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Add to the fact my property taxes are up quite a bit as well, no thanks to that dark red state operation that’s called Florida run by that most efficient group the DeSantis Organization
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    The QOL here in NE FL is excellent and the COL, while certainly rising, is still quite manageable.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Democrats whine about no services in Florida and then when they get what they whine about; they whine about paying for them.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    —>“^ No nice, it is real and hardly overblown. It has already been happening for a long time, which is why NY and CA are both losing Congressional seats to places like TX and FL. “

“ Contrary to your theory about affordability, it is largely affluent people fleeing places like NY and CA, not low income folks. Moving ain't cheap.”

I’m just going to point out that there are a lot more non-affluent than affluent people who live. Therefore, congressional seats have more to do with the non affluent bodies somewhere.

If you want to make your focus on rich people, they are diversifying where they buy property in general. (And it’s NOT just Texas, Florida conservative places exclusively) But they haven’t abandoned the “established” places and NY and LA have still been going. NY took a big hit in 2020, LA did not. And in 2021 New York rebounded.
    https://issuu.com/thereportgroup/docs/co…

• rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "I’m just going to point out that there are a lot more non-affluent than affluent people who live. Therefore, congressional seats have more to do with the non affluent bodies somewhere."

No, it just means that CA and NY are losing the people who can afford to move and keeping the bulk who can't.

Nice, this issue is well understood by folks who are following it. NYS' last Governor and NYC's new Mayor are so concerned about the loss of their biggest taxpayers that they actively reached out to try to get them back. Below is a good article on the topic:

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2021/…

Also one regarding similar challenges faced by CA, which will only get worse as they have recently increased wealth taxes yet more:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/23/why-comp…

For every action there is a reaction. Even the affluent have limits on how much they want to hand over ot the government.

mayor I do a lot of business in NY

As far as the rest,

• Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    If this new DA and his attempted rewriting of what constitutes violent crime wasn’t frightening enough - now SJG is threatening to move to NYC?! WTF did the people of NYC do to deserve this?!

Where is Snake Pliskin when we need him!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Northern NJ has some great clubs. Not it seems like NYC will be getting great, either strip clubs or street!

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Real Estate Websites Remove Crime Data Citing ‘Racial Bias’

Realtor.com and Redfin both announced they would not include neighborhood crime data.

At least two home buying sites have eschewed including crime maps for neighborhoods on their websites over concerns that the crime data available is biased against minorities.

Realtor.com and Redfin both announced on the same day in December that they will no longer provide crime data for neighborhoods on their websites over racial bias concerns.

On December 13, Realtor.com’s CEO David Doctorow wrote in a blog post that the company has been working to “break down those hurdles” relating to discrimination in home ownership.

“For example, earlier this month, we removed the crime map layer from all search results on Realtor.com to rethink the safety information we share on Realtor.com and how we can best integrate it as part of a consumer’s home search experience,” Doctorow wrote.

Doctorow added that Realtor.com will now “reimagine” how to provide safety data for buyers.

“In the weeks and months ahead, we plan to examine closely what neighborhood safety means for buyers and renters who use our site so we can reimagine how we integrate safety data on Realtor.com. Our goal is to ensure we are providing consumers with the most valuable, fair and accurate neighborhood data so they can make informed decisions about where they want to rent or purchase their next home,” the Realtor.com CEO added.

The company does not have anything further to share at this point beyond the initial blog post announcing the crime map would be removed, Stephanie Singer, Realtor.com’s senior director of corporate communications, told The Daily Wire.

Redfin said the company recently decided not to add crime data to its real estate buying website because doing so could reinforce racial bias.

Christian Taubman, Redfin’s chief growth officer, wrote in a December 13 blog post that Redfin is aware people want to know “whether they’ll feel safe in a given home or neighborhood,” but “the data available don’t allow us to speak accurately to that question, and given the long history of redlining and racist housing covenants in the United States there’s too great a risk of this inaccuracy reinforcing racial bias.”

“We believe that Redfin–and all real estate sites–should not show neighborhood crime data,” Taubman wrote.

Taubman said Redfin considered using data from both the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report and the National Crime Victimization Survey from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, but both of those data sources had issues, such as missing, unreported crimes.

“In the 2019 survey, people reporting crimes were more likely to describe their offender as young, male, and Black than would be expected given the representation of those groups in the population,” Taubman explained.

Redfin will continue to add more data to its site, but “in this case we’re confident that the crime data that are available today ought not to be on Redfin or any other real estate site,” Taubman wrote.

Both Realtor.com and Redfin rank in the five most trafficked real estate websites in the U.S. as of October.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/real-esta…
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The power grab continues

Obama, Clinton, Winfrey Team Up To Convince Manchin To Kill Filibuster

According to a report, Democrats are so desperate to eliminate the Senate filibuster — which would enable the Democrats, who control the Senate, to pass legislation regarding voting that would be highly favorable to them— that two former presidents and celebrity Oprah Winfrey have contacted Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), who is considered the pivotal vote in the Senate, to pressure him into accepting the filibuster’s demise.

Former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton have joined Winfrey in the cooperative effort to persuade Manchin, according to Politico.

“Manchin has told colleagues that his phone line has been lighting up with prominent names outside the Senate in recent days. He’s heard from former Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and talk-show legend Oprah Winfrey, plus former staffers to both Manchin and former Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), according to a person familiar with the talks,” Politico reported.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/obama-cli…
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The US real estate industry has always been predicated on racism. Race makes the difference between what they see as a good neighborhood and a bad neighborhood.

In this country there are ongoing court cases over racial voter disenfranchisement under the CA Fair Voting Rights Act. And the disenfranchisement is completely driven by the Real Estate Industry.

SJG

Frampton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCWaWFm…

Jazz-Rock: A History Hardcover – January 1, 1998
    by Stuart Nicholson
    https://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Rock-History…
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^^ No one has any respect for the process anymore, it's all about one's preferred outcomes, by hook or by crook.

Senator Obama filibustered all the time. Was it a "Jim Crow relic"?
    Chuck Schumer said in 2005 that killing the filibuster would be "doomsday" for democracy. Is it or isn't it?

As far as the original topic, we've swapped (A) a highly overblown problem (police killing of unarmed black men) for (B) a real and growing problem (spiking murder rates, usually of young black men, as well as robbery, assault, and theft).
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I think the original topic was the election of Alvin Bragg new Manhattan DA, and of similar minded people like Chesa Boudin in San Francisco.

I think it worthwhile to look at how things are going and to hear what people are saying. Boudin is currently the subject of a recall campaign. But the in response to some bold day after Thanksgiving armed robberies at department stores, Boudin has come out talking real tough.

I think we just need to listen to what unfolds and what is being said.

And note that both Bragg and Boudin are refusing to enforce the Prostitution Law.

SJG
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ I favor legalizing prostitution, but not at the expense of urban chaos. The crime stats speak for themselves.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Well, these are complex issues. But here in San Jose City Council and candidates tried to block the licensing of this SR Gold Club.

On the Neighborhood Groups people were saying that the strip club would promote street prostitution, as the SG would be the back up crew for the strippers in servicing clients.

And then they usually say that street prostitution causes other types of crime.

With Bragg and Boudin though I think there are broader issues, these guys are backing off on enforcing all sorts of crimes, most misdemeanors. And then listening to Bragg, he seems to what to go further.

So I am hoping that people can post more links as this discussion advances so that we can better understand.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    In that Roosevelt Park Neighborhood of San Jose, just east of the downtown, people surreptitiously photograph suspected street hookers and post them on their Neighborhoods Groups.

They follow them around, like into McDonalds and they encourage others to do the same. And basically these women are pretty close to bag ladies.

Politicians talk about how agressive they are going to be in cracking down on street prostitution, and in blocking the licensing of this SR Gold Club. Probably there never was any legal means of blocking it. And they talk about nonsense ideas like having the city buy up two motels being used, and then letting the homeless live in there.

This is all lynch mob stuff and the sanitizer politicians lead the way.

Mayor Sam Liccardo has been one of the leaders and he comes out of that council district seat.

The homes there are old and extremely expensive. The owners do not want their neighborhood to become wild and wooly.

SJG
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    I don't think he's downgrading armed robbery.

I believe he has instructed "...prosecutors to avoid seeking jail time for include certain robberies and assaults, as well as gun possession in cases where no other crimes are involved." https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/06/nyreg… ...which would seem to be no jail time if you just have a gun, which I think is mostly illegal in NY City?

That said, while I see myself as a mild progressive, sometimes too much progressive politics doesn't end up being "progress". Progressives in NYC, Portland, and certain jagoff Seattle city council members and SJW's test my liberal/institutionalist patience, and I would think just about anybody who reads and thinks critically. For example a recent Seattle DA candidate wanted to make poverty an alibi for misdemeanors including unarmed robbery. Thankfully she was defeated.

So I can certainly empathize with the impulse to say fuck it and move out.

In fact, if Seattle didn't have certain music venues, bars, and strip clubs, I wouldn't stay 6 months after my kids graduate. I might just split anyway.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Dear MudBrain, here's a little piece of basic life advice: when people lie to you, stop believing them. What people do I mean? The people who said "we'll replace Obamacare with something cheaper and better". The ones who wave a "thin blue line" flag at the same time they're shooting bear spray at cops, and beating them to the brink of death.

Afghanistan was the perfect war for defense contractors, exactly because it was a permanent, unwinnable cluster fuck. The best cash cow is when the cow is immortal. Our criminal "justice" system is the same. It takes people who don't have good options, plus people who are just smoking some weed or something, and makes sure they have even fewer good options. Have no doubt this is a huge source of steady profit for a few people, and a steady decent job with good benes for many others.

It may be this DA is like the libiots in Minneapolis, with their police "reform" ballot measure. They got shut down by the people who most need effective police reform, working class black residents. But police reform is a real problem you can't run away from. Wherever you go, it will have to be dealt with, sooner or later.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl Hey man you always love telling the police how to do their job. My advice put your fucking money where your mouth is. A great teacher doesn't just tell people how do things, he shows them. Why not suit up for the CPD and show us all how that job really needs to be done. YOU do it. YOU go to the South Side of Chicago and YOU deal with scores of armed gang bangers. Make sure your as woke and tolerant as possible too. Lets see how it goes.

The police aren't always right I'll be critical of them too but lunatic radical leftists (now the majority of the dem party) who send them out like lambs to slaughter are never right.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    I agree that the level of lawlessness has to stop and that police need to be free to do their jobs. But I also agree that this "broken windows" approach to policing has gone too far. Either extreme hits the same people the hardest - poor working class folks.

One of the problems is that we've converted too many police departments from true crime fighting and safety outfits into onerous revenue collection units. Traffic stops have increased dramatically over the last several decades and poor people have borne the brunt of it. What starts as a seatbelt ticket that someone can't afford to pay eventually becomes a license suspension and, when that person is pulled over again, a trip to a jail cell. Way too many of our problematic traffic stop incidents start because some poor person is driving with a bad tag or license becomes desperate when the flashing lights show up behind them once again.

Did that person suddenly forget how to drive or become more dangerous just because his/her license or tag was bad? Of course not. Yet we treat these people like animals, towing away their cars and throwing them in jail all because they could not afford a fine. Eventually people are going to lash out.

Yet on the flip side, when police are completely handcuffed, crime spikes and, once again, poor folk are the predominant victims. Most of the violence is happening in poor urban neighborhoods and it is a tragedy.

There has to be a more balanced way of doing this.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    All you guys do is bitch and complain about liberals. Go get laid or something. It's boring.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "progressives you won"

I know.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's not a free for all for criminals. These strategies let DAs focus on real crimes while decongesting the system of lesser crimes.

If you believe in the letter of the law then what should your punishment for solicitation be?
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    What should the punishment for drug dealing be Icee fag
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "All you guys do is bitch and complain about liberals. Go get laid or something."

I just did, but somehow it didn't make the dipshits who support asinine policies like "defund the police" and CRT look any smarter.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    It’s the demise of a lot of cities that are dominated by Democratic leaders and voters. They’ll just get worse, and you’d think they’d come to a point where the pendulum swing when the misery index gets to high, but I don’t think it will. All the decent hard working people who would want to restore those cities are getting fed up and will leave as soon as they can.

All that will be left will be the shit who don’t know any better than to live in the filth of the pigsty they created.

The really unfortunate part is these zombie cities will continue to need massive taxpayer support, so the good people who escaped, and everyone else, will have to pay for their lazy, stupid, corrupt ways.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    The social safety nets in place like LA are overburdened because of the destitute coming in from conservative parts of the country to get help they can't receive at home
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    The low hanging fruit with policing reform is, when cities have to pay tens or hundred of thousands to settle claims of brutality, they probably need to at least fire if not prosecute the perp cops. We have to stop letting them get away with "it's cheaper to just settle this and forget it" or "the PBA won't let us fire any cops". Makes sense from both civil liberty and proper use of taxpayer dollars perspectives.

CRT is a very academic subject covered in relevant graduate school programs. Mostly, when people say they are against CRT, it's because they don't want to show their whole ass, by saying they are against teaching the truth about slavery in the US, and the killing of Native Americans, including children, who were not fighting back.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    In NYC Bragg is actually pushing for harder penalties against alleged crimes against cops.

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    Icee dude your always just wrong.

So these Soros backed DA's are ignoring low level crime so they can focus on more serious crime? That's what your going with? How's that working out for Philadelphia with all time murder record in 2021. Larry Krasner Philly's DA even had a show about "reimagining the criminal justice system" Don't get even me started on Chicago. I know these murders are just numbers to you and everyone else of the liberal elite, casualties are a small price to pay for being woke. It's not you after all, so who cares?

Where you live Icey, George Gascon wants nobody to do more than 20 years. That includes, everyone including true story, felons that raped and murdered children. Release them back into the community. If that's what your about Icee then that's what your about. I'm against the rape and murder of children, your for it. We the rational people left in America back victims of violent crime. You back the violent criminal 100%. It is what it is. We just have to agree to disagree.

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Do we have some links showing the discussion of crime issues under Chesa Boudin? And I guess Alvin Bragg just came in.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Muddy you're an ignoramus as you have proven on more than one occasion.

Yes. The point is to stop the system from being clogged up with lesser crimes and to start addressing the over saturation of prisons with unreasonable sentences. The end result is more attention to cases that need it.

Blaming exaggerated crime rates on DAs is ridiculous. It's just fear mongering.

The justice system needs major restructuring.

Go turn yourself in for solicitation and tell them you want the strictest penalty
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Blaming crime rates on DAs makes perfect sense. Funny how shoplifters have gotten more brazen after it was announced that shoplifting below a certain value wouldn't be prosecuted, and in progressive DAs' jurisdictions.

The Waukesha parade massacre, the Milwaukee DA admitted it was only a matter of time before someone on a low bail committed murder. He accepted that as the cost of implementing his policy.

Progressive DAs need to go. Boudin, Gascon, Krasner, Bragg for starters.

We can "address the oversaturation of prisons" by decriminalizing most drugs.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    I think that individual DAs have relatively small impacts on crime rates one way or another. Wealth inequality probably isn’t the only factor, but I think it’s a big one. What would you *not* be willing to do if you were desperate? I would think tusclers would have a more realistic grasp of moral relativism than most.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-0…
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    If wealth inequality was the problem, we should have seen a giant spike in crime over the last 30 years. And the recent spike, before prog DAs, has been shootings and homicides, not theft.

AOC is an idiot.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Derek Chauvin is your poster boy for the easiest part of the problem to solve. Most DAs and ADAs know who the Chauvin-type cops are, and they just don't care. Part of a self-serving bureaucracy that indifferently grinds up people's lives. They are morally worse than most of the people in prison. Enabled by all the ricks who get a hard-on from licking fascist boots.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Chauvins are rare. By "de-policing," we've swapped a grossly overblown problem (police killing unarmed black people) for a real and growing problem (homicide and crime in urban liberal jurisdictions).

It says something that it's rich white folks in rich white neighborhoods that want to defund, and working class black people that want more cops (and of course good cops).
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/video-capt…

Icee do you have anything to say to the family of this young girl? Anything at all? You endorse this behavior, after all I'm sure the criminal had a "hard life" Perfectly cool to kill some young girl with her whole life ahead of here in cold blood. No consequences, and hell if there is any jail time it won't be long so who gives a shit. Anyone can just rob, shoot, murder, whatever the fuck. The radical left has their back and endorses them 150%. I just wanted to know if you could explain your progressive ideals to this girls mother. Why don't you tell her how she needs to be more woke?

Hey it's not your daughter, not your sister, who was killed, so who gives a fuck!
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    ^Maybe if it was a stripper he knows it would mean something to him.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Crime is up because people are desperate and poor. Low wages and private sector greed pushing prices higher and higher are the main reasons for peoples desperation. Not DAS. Most people don't care and don't understand said policy changes anyways. Like you they get sensationalized politicized views from pseudo tabloids.

Good paying jobs and community development are the most effective crime deterrents.

Vigilantism promotes violent crimes. Cops acting as extrajudicial executioners terrorizes communities. Extreme penalties make criminals more desperate.

But I get it you believe in prosecuting criminals other than yourselves. You exaggerate every crime other than the ones you engage in by partaking in solicitation. Which makes your arguments sound ridiculous.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Debunked, already.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    @tetra: “Debunked” is a bit of a stretch. You raised an interesting question wrt wealth inequality and the overall downward trend of crime in the USA. It actually made me think and read a bit more. But your one liner isn’t proof of anything. I think you’re overplaying your hand a bit there.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    With growing wealth inequality comes less police resources for poorer areas and thus less crimes reported . Those resources are shifted to gentrification areas . The case is the same for most city resources.

I wonder what some would think of a 17 year old mowing down people at a protest with an assault rifle. Oh wait...
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Still waiting for any evidence that shootings and murders are caused by poverty. Icey gives no evidence for his point.

I don't know of anyone mowed down with an assault rifle, only a clear case of lawful self-defense.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    The exploitation by the rich causes crime. Their desire for drugs fuels drug dealing and gang wars. Their gentrification displaces the poor and wreaks social havoc. Their moral corruption fuels human trafficking band prostitution.

If you can't see the correlation between poverty and crimes of desperation I suggest you get out more.

Also keep jn mind DAS get screwed over at times and have their hands tied when trying to push for tougher sentences on criminals. Picture what the families of rittenhouses victims must feel knowing the criminal who murdered their loved ones got off despite the DA pushing for the maximum sentencing. I understand your outrage at cases like that
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    You still can't explain that inverse correlation, as wealth inequality has increased yet crime has until recently gone down. NYC has seen a rise in shootings but not armed robberies.

Rittenhouse didn't have victims, he's not a criminal, and he didn't murder anyone. He was acquitted by a jury of his peers. If the DA didn't overcharge him for the PR, they might have gotten a conviction on something.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Coz everyone here is now a NY legal expert right?

But

So the DA in the Rittenhouse case overcharged him???? He was being too tough on someone who killed 3 people??? The DA should have been more lenient like Bragg would recommed?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Icey again shows up and spews moronic bullshit. Some communities believe as Icey does - those are the failures among us that also fail everywhere else on earth. All the D.A. is saying is that some communities are so fucking awful, they have to commit crimes and the only way we can stop that is making their aberrant behavior legal. 39 years of criminal law and theft is not because you're poor, its because you're a druggie dope. There are no Rittenhouse victims you stupid piece of excrement Icey. The more thugs and losers we import from overseas will just make the problem worse.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So the DA in the Rittenhouse case overcharged him???? He was being too tough on someone who killed 3 people??? The DA should have been more lenient like Bragg would recommed?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The DA in the Rittenhouse matter and the moron in New York are both progressives. No matter what they do, they will fuck it up. Rittenhouse was over charged because he was a white male who defended himself. They under charge in New York knowing the only way they can solve crime there isn't to make the people decent, it's just to legalize crime. Incompetence isn't consistent; just progressive.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So yes you claim that rittenhouse was over charged and the da should have been lenient like Bragg would want. The da should not have pursued said charges despite rittenhouse killing 3 people.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ DA should have used his head. If this were a black man at a three percenter really it would have never come to trial. Might have gotten him on a position thing but he had to virtue signal. Now he's a conservative celebrity and his child buggering, domestic abusing, rioting targets are crippled or dead.

Now he's angling for a piece of all the media networks that went after him to show how much they love black people. And you're impotenrly whinging on an SC message board.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ position = possession
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    What if scenarios are fine for creative writing. Not for discussions on the law or politics.

In your head the law should be upheld as you see fit based on your political positions and personal choices. Ruttenhouse should be allowed to kill and you should face no repercussions for solicitation
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Solicitation has nothing to do with this thread. Stop deflecting.

I don't think you know what's in my head. Rittenhouse was tried and acquitted according to the actual law, not your cockamamie legal analysis. Thankfully, armed self-defense is allowed in this country, even when those defended against share the ruling party's beliefs. Hallelujah.

Now let's see how he and Nick Sandmann split ownership of CNN. I wonder who gets Brian Stelter and who gets Anderson Cooper. Lulz.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Icey denies the Rittenhouse verdict was fair, making him exactly the same person as Donald Trump.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Rittenhouse was acquitted because the judge turned the trial into a kangaroo court. But judges can do as they please basically.

But basically you're delighted that a judge made a ruling where someone was acquitted of murder for killing 3 people with an assault rifle.

While arguing for tougher sentences on here.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ There is this stubborn thing called "the facts of the case" with which I determine what ruling makes me happy.

Losers always blame the refs, the ball, the field, something, anything. But you seem to enjoy pissing into this hurricane. Roll a fatty and find a new case to obsess about.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Rittenhouse reacted properly, within the law. Only an ignorant racist would conclude otherwise. In fact, he did society a favor by disposing of violent criminals. If sentences had been tougher, the convicted pedophile would be in jail and alive, instead of dead. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Vigilantes is illegal. How can you support the word of the law as well as extrajudicial killings?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ This was not an extrajudicial killing, it was lawful self-defense.

If the felons didn't attack Rittenhouse, they'd still be alive.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Either you believe in facts or not. Make your mind up. You're presenting ideologically loaded interpretations and what if scenarios.

You just called the men he killed felons. Hence called his actions extrajudicial killings.

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Lol and you're the dispassionate observer of facts, whatever.

Their past felonies didn't earn them bullets. That just says something about their character. Their putting a reasonable man in fear for his life got them shot.

Now let's discuss something relevant. How much you think Rittenhouse gets from CNN?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You're only using this thread as another soap box for your dogmatic rants. You don't care about Bragg jn NYC. You're like Muddy. In one thread you beg for draconian legal measures and pretend to support the word of the law. Then you gloat in someone getting off on murder charges and think the da was trying to push too harsh of a sentence. Meanwhile showing callousness towards those killed. In another you promote soliciting and procuring prostitution. 🤡 but this will go over your head and you'll just keep at it.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Here we go again. Who brought up Rittenhouse?

If you think a pro law and order orientation means you favor every criminal trial, regardless of the facts, ending with a guilty verdict, you are either trolling or incredibly stupid. Or in your case, both.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    You have to be a stupid cum swallowing loser to keep lying about Rittenhouse. You are one stupid fuck Icey; typical Democrat.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Apparently, the DA's from the other four boroughs are telling the Manhattan DA to change his mind. I don't know why. If I were another DA, I'd let all the crooks do their crimes in Manhattan while all the rich and powerful move to my borough away from the crime.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Tetradon so you keep saying the da shouldn't have gone after the maximum while you argue Bragg is insane for doing just that.

Also waiting on Muddy to turn himself in for solicitation
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ And we’re all waiting for you to turn yourself in for Pandering, Drug trafficking, domestic abuse for hitting a woman , shoplifting, and all sorts of other assorted crimes that you’ve admitted to right on this website
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ @25 dropping nuclear truth bombs. Especially when he acts like he's so much better than us.

He doesn't seem to grasp that different cases call for different measures depending on the facts.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^He grasps it just fine it doesn’t fit his narrative that’s all
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ I don't know, he shows signs of serious mental retardation.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ He’s fixated on fighting with everyone that’s definitely a mental problem, it’s obvious to me is he shows extreme paranoia and passive aggressive behavior at the same time a real weirdo.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So you agree with Bragg that it's on a case by case basis and das should be showing restraint. Then why all the arguing against liberal das on here when you agree with them?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The legal system is predicated on everyone doing their job aggressively. Its why we aggressively defend those we know are guilty. If we don't, the system fails. If jurors lie when questioned, as we may be seeing in the Maxwell case, the system doesn't work. If D.A.'s decide that their progressive politics means they must let people commit crimes, then they are guilty of failing in their job and have destroyed the system. Announcing you will not prosecute certain crimes is an open invitation for criminals to commit crimes. There is a reason the most violent cities are cities controlled by Democrats.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Skibum. A da doesn't decide whether to let people commit crimes or not. It's about punishments fitting the crime. They're not saying crimes won't be prosecuted just that maximum penalties won't be invoked depending on the circumstances.

And yeah even rittenhouses defense admitted to that
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Funny that you're lecturing one of the few actual lawyers here on the law. Lulz.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Well Boudin and Bragg have opted for raising the bar on what will be prosecuted and how.

Need to see how this plays out.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion