tuscl

Returning to Christmas Party Visions NOLa

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
Well, tonight is the annual Christmas Party at the only locals-attended club in my town, New Orleans, at Visions Men's Club. I always try to go to this event, since they put on a nice buffet and lots of the girls show up. But recently the pandemic, and a few years in which I was involved in holiday travel, and probably other stuff that I don't remember, has intersected with the scheduling somehow. This year I'm lucky to be in town and available without annoying family commitments tonight, so I intend to go clubbing serious, make up for lost time. Hope my favorite girls are there. They won't be, since it's been like (sarcastic) eleven years or something since I was really being a good regular attendee.

Geez, I just figured out, it's been so long since I last attended strip clubs enough to write reviews, that I've let my VIP membership at TUSCL lapse! LOL. I'm "verified" but I'm not "VIP" I guess? For TUSCL I used to be a hard-core-responsible obessive contributor, and yet today I couldn't even figure out why the "unpublished reviews" link wasn't visible to me. I kept searching for it on page after page, wanted to do my part LOL! I've been a participant on TUSCL since literally the first few years of the internet and of TUSCL's actual existence, some time in the 1990s, so it kind-of used to feel like I would have had a responsibility to keep up my consistency. I've failed! Will the Monger God in the Sky forgive me??!! I blame the pandemic. And low testosterone. I need to buy that Doug Flutie / Frank Thomas crap ... not.

Anyway, I'm just writing to say, wish me luck.

9 comments

• datinman
    3 years ago
    I haven't been back to New Orleans in far too long. Definitely miss it and hope to be back next year if the festivals return. Have fun at Visions.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    If only I had checked out Visions while I lived there. For some reason, the medical conferences and conventions relevant to my practice never go to NOLA. It always seems to be Vegas, Colorado, and San Fran.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Yeah we need you back Book Guy I was wondering where you were at. I'm starting really hit the clubs again too, sugaring was good to me in the pandemic but there's nothing hitting new strip clubs.

Why turn in some more articles too for VIP, you could do it even you if ain't clubbing. I'm sure you got some great stories to tell.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Hey Book Guy. I figured you were gone for good

Welcome Back.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This Visions sounds like it has potential!

Glad to see you back Book Guy.

SJG
  • Book Guy
    3 years ago
    Well, Visions has excellent food and a few new amenities that I haven't seen before, but generally I can't report that it has much potential. I survived the Christmas Party. It was ... well ... OK, I guess. I'll post a full review eventually, when I get a Round Tuit, but the short version of it is that the girls are all really chunky. Like, what happened? They look like linebackers. Some are physically fit, just not gifted with naturally slender proportional physiques. Perhaps they played professional soccer. But is this the new thing? If I had been going to strip clubs regularly, maybe I wouldn't have been half as surprised. Out of approx. 35 girls working, I saw 3 who were under- rather than over-weight, zero who were super-hot, 10 or 15 who were so unappealing as to be in the range of "should not be a stripper." Otherwise the club itself was great, good crowd, other details good. But these women? What have they been eating? Wow ... :( ...
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    So the large number of visiting PLs in NO don't make the dancers scammy?
  • Book Guy
    3 years ago
    Define "scammy"? New Orleans is too small a city to support a vibrant strip-club culture. Well out of the main tourist section of town (most clubs are within a three-block stretch on or near Bourbon Street), Visions wouldn't be representative of the rest of the clubs anyway (their slogan is "it's where the locals go"). Relative to my experience elsewhere, NOLa's clubs might be characterized as small-time yet expensive (probably because there's not enough competition to drive prices down) and the dancers as low-service (whether you're talking legit "services" like lap-dances and chitty-chat, or you're talking under-the-table availability of more than what would legally be tolerated), generally speaking. Does any of that count as "scammy"?

Am still wondering about the prevalence of overweight dancers. Is this the new norm everywhere, or is it a more markedly bad problem in this city, or at this club?
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Dude, I've missed your posts. Hope you're back consistently.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion