Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Bitcoin Bummer

gSteph
gStephVIP14284

The view from the other side of the room

4 yrs ago · 1 min read

Read this article in the New Yorker about a guy that discarded a hard drive with a bitcoin key, that would be worth half a billion now.

Wow, bummer

Replies (4)

Profile picture for candymika
candymika
•

Very nice post and detailed work done by the article and it shows how good you are in writing good stuff, please. mapdriving-directions.info

Profile picture for SanchoRG
SanchoRG
•

The flip side of self custody

Profile picture for misterorange
misterorange
•

Wow. Just wow. If there was a contest for people who fucked themselves, this guy would win every time.

I don't know very much about any kind of computer engineering, coding, etc... certainly not Bitcoin, although I've made an honest effort to understand it, and still don't. I have so little confidence in computers, and more specifically my own computer abilities, that whenever there's some important document or piece of information, I not only store it in a digital folder, but also print it on paper.

Ironically, if my computer dunce-hat-wearing self had invested any amount in Bitcoin back when this guy did, the key would most certainly be written down on a piece of paper in my safe.

Profile picture for MackTruck
MackTruck
•

Protect da shitcoinz and don't do dis crap

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement