tuscl

Is valet parking really something to worry about?

I've been disappointed at some of the clubs I've been to lately in the Metro Detroit area and want to go to a higher end club like Flight Club but I hear a lot of tusclers have a general distrust of valet parking. Is it really the issue people make it out to be?

17 comments

• Ulrik79
    3 years ago
    It is not an issue. I've never had a valet rifle through my things or damage my vehicle. Flight Club, Landing Strip, Coliseum, Legends, and the Penthouse Club [before its closure]; have all parked my vehicles. Probably been going to Metro Detroit clubs with valet for 15 years and have never had an issue.

Flight Club valets have always been good to me.
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    Nooo. I just replied to your comment on the FC review about it.
  • brett_douchhe
    3 years ago
    Yup saw your comment. Made this post before that. Thanks.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    The only way to spend you money well in a strop club is giving it to stripper. Cover charges, drink minimums, valet/parking fees, that's all wasted money. I've been broke, and consider it immoral to not avoid wasting money. If nothing else, you can donate it to help people who are trying to better themselves. Wasting money is stupid. For many strip clubs, stupid is clearly their target demographic, and they are not fun places. Some places honestly need valet parking, cause they have to block in cars to have enough space. If so, I'd probably would prefer to get there some other way besides driving, cause it's in the downtown of a big city. It's also a "service" you may have to wait in line for. If I'm going to wait for anything at a SC, it will be for a dancer I find smoking hot.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    If you go to the Flight Club, there is no place to park except the FC lot. The parking fee is another way for the club to make money. I used the valet for years and I never had a problem with my car (a BMW). Now I use Uber. If you're worried about your car, go by Uber or taxi.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Back in 2019 Follies had a meeting with all of their valet personal because one of them gave the wrong car to a drunk customer.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    No
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Been valeting for over a decade in metro Detroit and zero issues.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    My car has something called Valet Mode, I've never used it but I believe it locks the car down so it can only be parked and when you go to retrieve your vehicle you disarm it with the phone app.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You're best off with uber
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Unlikely you'll have any issues - some people just don't like anyone driving their car or being in their car - but valet worries are not a reason to avoid an o/w good club.

Detroit is about the only city I know with multiple clubs with the forced-valet shit (and the paid-booth seating shit where it takes a big chunk of the available seating).
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Valet parking triggered a series of events that put in the path of a rampaging Colombian stripper. But it was a bit of a fluke thought. Not in the Detroit area.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’ve never used a valet at a strip club. But, I avoid clubs that could be upscale.

I actually went to a friends bachelor party - at a strip club. I pulled in the parking lot - saw a valet - and I knew the party was going to be a waste of time and money.

That was my first and last time using a valet at a strip club.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’m sure the likelihood of anything happening to your car is minimal.

If you drive a normal car, the valets will just park it (and retrieve it when you are done).

If you drive a Lamborghini or Ferrari - maybe avoid the valet?
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I can second what shailynn said.

I have never had the slightest hint of a problem at the Flight Club over many years
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    Once, a buddy and I purposely left $17 in fives and ones in the cup holder when we hit FC, BT's and LS all in one night..... every dollar was there at the end of the night when we hit Checkers for our Big Bufords at 2am.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @brett_douchhe

I will play along and answer your question.

Q: Is valet parking really something to worry about? Is it really the issue people make it out to be?

A: NO & NO

I always stop my car or Harley Chopper at the valet and say “Hi there, where do you want me to park it?” and all of the times the answer has been something like; “please park it over there (a place close to them) where we can keep an eye on it” and I have never been turned away.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion