tuscl

Afghanistan ( After the evacuation )

mark94
Arizona
Monday, August 30, 2021 9:11 PM
It’s over, at least for the military. The last US soldier is out. About 120,000 people were evacuated. Mostly Afghan. There wasn’t time to figure out who these Afghans were.The State Department says there are 250 Americans left who still want out. Also, thousands of Afghans who were promised we would get them out are still there. Now, we wait to see how the Taliban rules and how they treat their former enemies. However, many executions have already been reported.

71 comments

• mark94
    3 years ago
    A good summary from Senator Ben Sasse “This national disgrace is the direct result of President Biden’s cowardice and incompetence. The President made the decision to trust the Taliban. The President made the decision to set an arbitrary August 31st deadline. The President made the decision to abandon Bagram Air Base. The President made the decision not to expand the perimeter around Karzai International Airport. The President made the decision to undermine our NATO allies. The President made the decision to break our word to our Afghan partners. The President made the decision to tell one lie after another as the crisis unfolded. The President made the morally indefensible decision to leave Americans behind. Dishonor was the President’s choice. May history never forget this cowardice.”
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I think soon there will come to enough information on the table to see if Biden should have done better and can be faulted. We are right now at this juncture where it will start to come out. SJG
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “The sudden fall of the US puppet regime in Afghanistan on Sunday is a humiliating debacle for American imperialism. It marks the collapse of a regime that was imposed through a criminal war and occupation, promoted on the basis of lies, and maintained in power through assassination, torture and the bombing of civilians” “The fall of the Afghan puppet regime: A historic debacle for US imperialism” [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    WATCH LIVE: House Republicans and veterans discuss Afghanistan [view link] I saw one video clip, they were loading a Bell Boeing Chinook Twin Rotor, into a big cargo plane, both rotors taken off. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The information we need about this kind of a sensitive operation is only now starting to come out. SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    There is video….I’m not going to link to it…..of the Taliban hanging someone from one of our abandoned Blackhawk helicopters.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Ninety retired US Generals have signed a letter demanding the resignation of the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    In 12 days it will be the 20th anniversary of the attack on 9/11. That’s when our humiliation will be most painful.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Mark, yes that letter does sound interesting. Still need to let more information come to the surface though, as these are very polarized times. SJG
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Then we can decide if it's been handled like shit, complete shit, or an utter hurricane of shit.
  • mikeym
    3 years ago
    It's very sad that 13 service members were killed by suicide bombers, but anyone who serves in the military knows that it is a potential price for serving the country and fulfilling the orders of the Commander in Chief. The dearly departed service members wouldn't want you politicizing their lives for a piece of worthless shit who lost the election by nine million votes and then told his followers to commit a coup. The Trump virus has killed 630,000 and more Americans so he is 50,000 times as evil and as bad as the guy you are attacking. It is ten months later, and it is time for the homosexual motherfuckers mark and scrub, who dream about licking the shit out of Trump's ass to stop being like the terrorists who take every opportunity to bash America and its president, to SHUT THE FUCK UP!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^ I agree, and as this develops more info will surface which will help us to better appraise the recent events. SJG
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Mikeym is probably the most retarded person who posts here, with a wrong and stupid take on everything. I get your nad because you got blood on your hands for voting for this dumb piece of shit, who caused deaths enrirely by his own stupidity, you need to seek help.But then again only a fucking useless piece of shit would try to defend Biden. Go back to suckung Bidens dick while Hunter fucks you in the ass.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @Mikey, lol this from the side that jumps on mass shootings before rigor mortis sets in. You know what Trump has in common with you, me, and the rest of this thread? None of us are POTUS right now. We need to assign blame and clear some people out before they fuck things up further. Biden and his defense team owns this. I'll lay it on their feet at every opportunity.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    ^ where was that sense of “ fulfilling the orders of the Commander in chief” during the last President’s term. It seems you only apply that when the incumbent has a D after his name. Kinda tough to take the moral high ground when the entire establishment, Democrat and Republican, did whatever it could to undercut the last President.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I get it you want to make this a bash Biden thread have at it, just leave the men and women of the armed services out of it, I'm just glad no more of our guys were harmed I don't really care beyond that.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The reason we are in this mess is because Joe Biden wanted to give a speech on September 11 taking credit for getting us out of Afghanistan. He’s the one playing politics with our troops lives.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Biden deserves every thump he gets here, then some. The death of 13 service members won't hold a candle to the deaths from showing weakness to Russia, China, and Iran. The left gave GWB no quarter when fighting men and women died in Iraq. This looks like and attempt to quash criticism of Biden rather than an appeal to decency.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No, we need to keep the communications channels open so that the info continues to come out. SJG Belly Dancer [view link]
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I still don't care, hated Trump with a passion I would have voted for anyone other than Trump, there are going to be a lot of rebuttals and there will be major pushback against everything you guys are saying, I still won't care and if the Republican Party puts up a candidate that isn't Trump, they have a good chance to win.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    The blood of those 13 marines is on the hands of Biden and every person that voted for him.... He fucked this up. The people that voted for him put this dumbass in office so they are responsible for his actions
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Kurt Schlichter at Townhall has a message for all of you who voted for Biden because you hated Trump “They thought that mean tweets and dating Playboy models was so outrageously awful that they needed to exchange him for a half-wit plagiarist with busy hands and a slothful mind. He was no prize before he put the “d” in “dementia.” Prior to allegedly being elected president, this dork was, as Democrat Robert Gates famously put it, “wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades." The same genius who thought capping Bin Ladin was a bad idea also thought ditching Bagram was a good one. Well, at least he’s consistent. Look around, at the $5 gas and the hobos pooping in our parks, at the constantly shifting vaccine/mask goalposts and the cat ladies/public school teachers determined to inject Ibram X. Kendian race hustling into your kids’ cerebellums. Look at the flag-draped caskets coming off the planes at Dover. You did that, non-dead Biden voters. You. This is your failure. Own it.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Trump would have been 1000x worse than Biden at handling this. SJG
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    There are a few categories of horseshit excuses for Biden: 1. Deflection, self explanatory 2. It's really Trump's fault, except that Biden has reversed a ton of Trump policies already. 3. Painting him as a hero for partially fixing the mess he created 4. Saying it isn't as bad as it looks. Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes? 5. Counterfactual speculation, like our favorite schizophrenic above. 6. Playing the victim of evil Republicans out to get him. 7. Pretending some imagined exculpatory evidence is going to make him a hero, see above. It's all fallacious, but cute to watch.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    We will never know SJG... all we do know is that Biden Fucked it up. But really 1000X worse? are you saying that 13,000 marines would be dead.... millions of Afghans dead.... 13X the ammunition and BLackhawks and weapons would have been left to our enemy? 1000X worse? You are crazy and I believe you could have done this better than Biden
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Trump would of kept the deployment going until it was that much worse. He is a pathological liar and he would do anything to try and make himself look good to his supporters. We still have to let more come out so that we can see what options Biden really had. SJG
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    Trump had laid out his plans for Afghan... you are talking out your ass You want to assume what Trump would have done but wait till everything is over to pass judgement on Biden.... Nope cannot have it both ways The liberals did not give Trump room to breath... I saw a video of election night Trump verse Clinton... people were marching in the street chanting "Fuck Donald Trump" at that point the only thing he had done was won an election. So Biden gets no slack from me... especially with this big of a fuck up... if you voted for him it is your fault... if you are defending him now you are a special kind of stupid
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Did anyone see the video of Biden checking his watch, at least one or two times, every single time a flag draped coffin was carried off of that airplane? Only a total scumbag who couldn't care less about those fallen soldiers would do that. He obviously thought this ceremony was beneath him, like he couldn't understand why he was wasting his time there. I'd rather have a resurrected Vladimir Lenin as President than this fucking piece of garbage. We'd be better off.
  • kilgoretrout12
    3 years ago
    I am an Afghanistan vet. This is a very painful time for all of us who did time there. If you know of someone who served there, you may want to check in on them, even if they served there a while back. just see how they are doing.
  • Dave_Rave
    3 years ago
    Now that our soldiers are out of that shithole it's time to send all the so-called Afghan "refugees" home and then nuke that place right off the map 😆
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    This is what happens to puppet regimes without their master. Now picture Israel or Saudi Arabia falling without us support. Let the afghans choose their own future
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Mrs Shana Chappell, mother of fallen marine Kareem Nikoui has had her Facebook and Instagram accounts suspended for criticizing Joe Baden and blaming him for her son’s death.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Approximately 150 service dogs working with the US military were left behind. They were released on the tarmac shortly before the last planes left even though there was room on the planes.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “Let the afghans choose their own future” First, they have to hide from the Taliban death squads going door to door. In case you didn’t know it, the Taliban was largely founded by Pakistan intelligence services and many of the Taliban are actually Pakistani.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I watched an interview today of a former Special Ops officer who now runs a mental health service for veterans. He said he is hearing the same two messages from all the junior officers and enlisted men. 1. The generals need to be held accountable for 20 years of failed leadership 2. They will not re-up when the time comes. They are leaving the service.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Hopefully the first Taliban terror attack is on the DNC headquarters. Oops, why would they bomb their allies. Fucking muslims should be banned from this country.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Headline from the Babylon Bee satire site. In Response To Afghanistan Disaster, Pelosi Begins Impeachment Proceedings Against President Trump
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    From [view link] Say, remember when Joe Biden assured us that al-Qaeda was “gone” from Afghanistan? Ten days later, the security chief for Osama bin Laden at Tora Bora returned to his home province in Nangarhar, amid adulation — and Taliban protection. Amin ul-Haq even flashed a thumbs-up to his admirers out an open window as Taliban troops waved his car through a checkpoint.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Joe Biden checked his watch every time a casket was taken off the plane. He talked more about his own son than the fallen marines. [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Our new allies. The Taliban executed an Afghan folk singer days after its spokesman warned inhabitants "music is forbidden in Islam."
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The spin has started Brushing off concerns about the stranded Americans in Afghanistan, Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby told MSNBC: “We have Americans that get stranded in countries all the time.” Kirby makes it seem like being stranded in a country that has recently been taken over by a terrorist group and that no longer has a United States military presence is as common as missing a connecting flight from Chicago to Dallas.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    There is a reason Biden gives his important speeches in the middle of the afternoon rather than prime time, like every other President in the modern era. It’s the Dementia Sundowner effect.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The mother of one of the fallen marines has said that after she buries her son, in about a week, she is going to travel to the White House and stand outside its gates until Biden resigns. It’ll be interesting whether the media covers that and how.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @desertscrub It ain't because of NAP TIME buddy. Biden is late all the time because they have him hooked up to an IV cocktail of Alzheimer's drugs. It has to be administered slowly and the proportion of different medicines is constantly adjusted - a bit of trial and error every time because his condition changes so rapidly. He has to keep reciting simple phrases from a teleprompter like, "My name is Joe Biden and I am President of the United States," or "Come on man, this operation was executed perfectly." Once he successfully completes three phrases in a row, they know they've got it right, and there is roughly a 7-9 minute window of time where he remains lucid enough to address the American public.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The spin continues Atlantic magazine, owned by billionaire widow of Steve Jobs, Laurene Powell Jobs, published an essay Monday congratulating President Joe Biden for the Afghan evacuation that has thus far left 13 U.S. service members dead and numerous amounts of military gear in the hands of the Taliban terrorists. “If anything, Americans should feel proud of what the U.S. government and military have accomplished in these past two weeks,” Jobs’ publication claimed. “President Biden deserves credit, not blame.”
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Biden administration reportedly told nonprofits to expect around 50,000 Afghans arriving in the U.S. without visas, according to the WSJ.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @mark94 I'll bet they will be "without" a lot more than visas... How about identification of any kind. I'm sure we have absolutely no idea who they are.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Afghanis who were just brought to Wisconsin are being allowed to leave the base on their own. Hundreds of undocumented Afghans roaming the streets of small town Wisconsin. What could go wrong ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Jake Sullivan also said yesterday that we will likely provide foreign aid to Afghanistan going forward.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Wisconsin has 1 bar for every 1,800 residents. There are likely more bars in smaller towns and villages.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I’m watching Joe Biden. He is yelling. He is angry. He’s had enough of criticism. Get off my lawn !!!
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Themes in Biden’s speech 1. I take full responsibility 2. I did the best job that anyone could have done 3. People who criticize me are criticizing our troops 4. Anything bad that happened is Trump’s fault. 5. Any Americans left in Afghanistan have only themselves to blame 6. We are relying on the Taliban to protect Americans still in Afghanistan
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Reading from a teleprompter but repeating himself verbatim. Was it prepared that way on purpose? Or did someone forget to cut and paste the script?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I’m glad he talked about his son Beau for the hundredth time. That’s what what all Americans wanted to hear.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    We need someone to hack into his Teleprompter and change "God Bless America" at the end of his speech to "Fuck you America" kinda like they did in Anchorman... I bet he would read it and then deny it then defend it then blame it Fuck Joe Biden
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @Daddillac - fucking classic man! I can totally see Biden do this. [view link]
  • mikeym
    3 years ago
    The US has spent $2 trillion on the war in Afghanistan. Its about $100 billion per year. US debt will be about $30 trillion by the end of the year. I'm in my 80s- I got my social security. Some of you guys in your 50s may not get your social security because Trump wasted 4 years not doing this pull out earlier. Wars are messy. It is sad that the US lost 13 service members, some weapons, and some dogs, but Pakistan and India could take over from here. They could have taken over a while back in the early 2000s, and the future of social security wouldn't be in doubt.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Whatever, man. If this were about saving money, the Democrats wouldn't be trying to pass a $3.5 trillion wish list (likely $5 trillion by more realistic estimates)
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “but Pakistan and India could take over from here.” Thereby proving you know nothing about international affairs. In what fantasy world would either of these countries take on the burden of financially supporting Afghanistan ? In what fantasy world would the Afghan people allow them in ?
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    mikeym.... I'm 52... I have been planning on no Social Security for a long time. Besides that If I have to live on 30k a year just go ahead and shoot me. I spend more than that a month now. What your old ass is too stupid to realize is we are not mad that we pulled out, it needed to be done. But it should have been done with a plan
  • mikeym
    3 years ago
    Good that you saved up Daddillac. Call me racist, but they're all a bunch of fucking towel heads over there. Im not sure why the US felt a need to be a global police man and nation builder at the expense of America's future. Shrink government spending, lower the percentage of welfare entitlements, legalize P4P in all states, outlaw pasties, and get America back on track. I am mikey, and I want to be your President in 2024.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Biden now claims that no one had any inkling the Taliban would succeed quickly. Reuters news service has obtained a transcript of a call between Biden and the President of Afghanistan proving Biden is lying. He knew this was happening but decided to hide it from the American people. [view link]
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    If this guy isn't thrown out of office America is finished. Granted, we'll be left with Kamala and everyone will celebrate the first female and WOC President without any regard for her incompetence. But at least it will send a message and maybe her puppeteers will tone things down a bit.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I can't believe I would ever say this, but the fucking asshole Barack Obama was a far better President than this piece of garbage.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Text message from US Colonel at Kabul airport as Americans were turned away during evacuation: “ We are fucking abandoning US citizens” [view link]
  • mikeym
    3 years ago
    Mark and scrub's non-stop diatribes against Biden are more than them licking the shit out of Trump's ass. Their posted material looks like boiler material from the KGB to destabilize this country. They are like the Muslims who partied when 9-11 happened- seemingly terrorists who take every opportunity to bash America and its president. Trump spent 4 years trying to bankrupt US by allowing the Trump Virus to kill hundreds of thousands of Americans, giving corporate hand outs to billion dollar companies, creating and sustaining ill fated policies like wasting hundreds of billions of dollars in Asian foreign policy. NOW IT APPEARS THAT THE RUSSIAN KGB IN THE FORM OF IDIOTS ON TUSCL ARE TRYING TO CONTINUE TO DESTABILIZE THE US. GO FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLES MARK AND SCRUB. TRUMP MAY HAVE BEEN THE WORST PIECE OF SHIT IN HISTORY, BUT BIDEN AND OTHERS WILL GET US BACK ON HER FEET DESPITE YOU COMMIE MOTHERFUCKERS SPREADING PROPAGANDA.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The information is from Reuters news service. It doesn’t get more mainstream media than that. As background, it’s clear there is a battle going on behind the scenes between the State Department ( and their CIA buddies ) and the Department of Defense ( primarily aligned with Biden) to blame each other for the debacle in Afghanistan. Someone in the State Department was the likely leak of the transcript showing Biden and the military had been informed ( by the CIA and State Dept ) of the Taliban’s success but lied to the American people. The rats are deserting the ship. They are trying to save themselves.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    After lecturing us, loudly and angrily, about how he was the only person smart enough to get out of Afghanistan, it’s worth remembering that during his 8 years as vice president in the Obama administration, neither Biden nor former President Barack Obama made any suggestion about leaving Afghanistan. In fact, Biden was second-in-command of a presidential administration that escalated troop deployment to Afghanistan.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Roger Pardo-Maurer, the former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Western Hemisphere Affairs (2001–2006), joined Jorge Ramos on Univision Noticias on Monday to discuss the unfolding disastrous withdrawal of US forces in Afghanistan. During their conversation, Pardo-Maurer told Ramos the Department of Defense had foreknowledge of the Kabul Airport suicide bomber but denied permission to fire a Predator Drone missile once they had a lock on him.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Update on the suicide bomber and the drone strike we didn’t make. “Permission to shoot was requested and was denied by the Taliban. Because we are in this process of negotiating with the Taliban who aren’t even in control of their own government or their own people.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion