tuscl

"She's going country..."

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:21 PM
Remember the song? Now, I have no idea what do dancers do when they retire? Anyone want to share the first-hand knowledge?

9 comments

• Clubber
    17 years ago
    Only one I know retired from dancing and became a bartender. She still could do a better job then many dancers!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    One has tenure at USC (SC). Teaches theatre and public speaking. Another is probably selling drugs or blowing guys at the Gold club. One is a real estate appraiser. One scrapes the excess rubber off of tires at the factory. Two are now working the front desk at hotels. One is now working with her boyfriend laying hard wood floors. The others for the most part are working at minimum wage jobs.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    My ATF, after she originally quit the business, had her own antique shop, but it failed and she went back to dancing. She hadn't entirely left the business, as she was also making custom outfits for dancers. I have no idea what she's up to these days. My #2 favorite ended up as a medical records administrator for a smalltown hospital who only dances twice a year. One works at a Casey's convenience store 3 blocks away from the club she danced at. My DATY favorite is now a bartender at the bar in the small town she lives in. Sadly, I know at least two favorites of mine have passed away (one a drug overdose, another a suicide).
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    My ATF is now a licensed massage therapist with her own business, and she's a full-time college student. Her best friend when she was a dancer is now a bartender. The only other retired dancer that I know of is now a hairdresser.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Nobody told you? Dancers disappear when they're swallowed up by the earth from whence they came. Can happen any time.
  • Professor906090
    17 years ago
    Chandler, this question was ment to educate me as well as the others on the variety of possibilities the girls have after they end their dancing career. You prospective could have been very beneficial and would have helped to appreciate the dancers even more. I believe, having dealt with as many people as dancers have, the occupation teaches them a lot about psychology and other soft skills that could be easily transferred into other fields like high-end sales jobs.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    FONDL - Speak of your massage therapist.... I finally got mine to let me give her 'in return', 'no cost' massages to her. I'm still in training, really. Sad news is she lays on her stomach (topless) and I only get to do her neck, arms, hands, fingers, sides, and back. I'm trying to behave myself in these situations, and have been successful thus far. Reaching my 'breaking point' rather quickly though! :-)
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Bones, don't forget feet. I've given my ATF foot massages on several occasions and she loves them, and it usually turns out to be both feet and legs. I'll probably be doing it again this weekend. Just found out that her BF is going to be out of town and I'm staying at her apartment the first night there. Should be fun. I plant to bring some good wine. Have you tried wine and candles?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    FONDL - Not yet. Last Saturday, prior to the Buckeyes game, I took her shopping at Victoria's Secret. She bought some panties, bras, and a teddy outfit. After the game and a movie (Kindom), we went back to her office. She modeled for me everything I bought her. Love those 36Cs~!! I like your idea though. Next 'evening massage', I'll bring some scented candles and a bottle of good German Moselland Riesling quality white wine. I always keep a spare bottle at home. By the way, I'll be bringing a picture of her to Columbia, that she had taken of her in her bikini at the beach a week ago. I'll do her feet and legs next visit. I'm scheduled for a one-hour session tomorrow, but don't have time to return the favor to her. I prefer giving her massages in the evening anyway! :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion