tuscl

Where Do Twentysomethings Shop?

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
It was mentioned in a recent thread what are the trendy stores young women, especially dancers, prefer to shop at? I wish more dancers contributed. Apparently us old coots can’t keep up and A & F is out of style.

I’ve taken my share of dancers shopping but it’s been awhile. They all liked Aeropostale, Coach Bags, MAC cosmetics. I’ve been perusing some of the Sugar Baby sites and shopping seems to be the number one most requested activity so I need to get up to speed.

Dancers?

62 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Girls I know order Shein and fashion nova. Designer stuff at discount malls. Victorias secret.

With other peoples money Burberry and Gucci. Louis Vuitton for a splurge.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Footlocker forever 21. Marshall's Ross tj Maxx
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I don't think young girls go into stores anymore. They get their stuff online .
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They view going to stores as more of a social thing. But online shopping seems to be better.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    A bunch of old guys trying to figure out where young women shop feels like someone handing a T Rex a Rubik's Cube...

If a dancer or sugar baby want to go shopping, then I suspect all you have to do is ask "Where?" and she'll be too happy to guide you along. But if you're curious about typical brands or items, etc., then go back to that sugar site and check out their Wish List (I know that Seeking gives SBs the ability to set up a shopping/gift list). Or, if you're on Instagram, then follow some of the local dancers who have "work" IG profiles. Many post about their shopping trips in great detail, and you'll quickly find out about the pricey little shops and boutiques where they buy stuff.

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I agree with Ishmael. One told me it was BeBe at the Milpitas Great Mall.

SJG
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    Dancers shop online and set up an Amazon wishlist so their admirers can pay for the items in the wishlist...

:D
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    I couldn't care less what is considered trendy or fashionable to girls 3 decades younger than me. I hate shopping shopping passionately and have never gone shopping with an SB. Increase in allowance to compensate, and she can do what she wants on her own.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    You mean Sears and JC Penneys are no longer in vogue?
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    ^^^ That's a terrific question for @Warrior
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I don't think it's about stores anymore. Just styles and certain brands.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    nicespice will be here soon just topping off her flame thrower with napalm.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    ok fashionnova/shein i dont think is good for civi clothes. but for stripper or cam shit idgaf about yeah. I used to be 1 of those bitches that would spend good money on my stripper outfits like on etsy etc till I got robbed blind. But after being robbed I realized the pricier clothes never really made me more money so w/e.

real life clothes? idk anywhere rly. macys, dillards, jc penney, ross, tj maxxx, random thrift stores, random other stores, kohls prob forgetting something too idk
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    It doesn't seem to be rocket science, young women like free stuff, if you aren't sure where to go shopping, just ask I will 100% guarantee, any pretty young babe you ask to take shopping, will be happy to guide you to what she likes and can't afford on her own.
    I have taken my share of babes shopping it always ends up being a fun day.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Desertscrub. The store doesn't matter. It's about the style and brand.

Blah blah. I never thought of shein or fashion nova as stripper clothes. Girls out here wear outfits from there all the time. But yeah stripper outfits can be really expensive for what they are.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    Ulta
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    For clothes: on the low end of the price spectrum, a lot of girls like the new online stores Shein, Fashion Nova, Chicme, etc. The stuff is very inexpensive, made cheap, but has a bunch to choose from and is very trendy right now. Then you have the classic high end retail stores at a location near you such as Saks, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdale's where girls will get a lot less for a lot more. If you don't want to cash out on clothes at the expensive places, they can still be good for pricey accessories and quality perfume. There is also Saks Off 5th which is a discount Saks.

Victoria's Secret is mid range in pricing, but most girls would love a shopping trip there. It still remains very popular amongst SBs, strippers, and girls in general.

For shoes: Nike, Footlocker, Finish Line, etc... anywhere they can get a good pair of Air Max's as those (and Nikes in general) are very "in style."

If they tell you they want "red bottoms," those are Christian Louboutins and they probably cost more than her rent, so only entertain that idea if you don't mind spending. If you do want to spend a lot on shoes, you can find high quality ones at a Saks or Nordstrom.

Handbags: Coach is out. They were sort of replaced by Michael Kors years ago. MK is now where people who can't afford Louis and Gucci but still want quality goods will shop. An entry level MK bag can cost as low as $100 on sale but usually hovers in the $200 range depending on the bag. They have far more expensive options, but are one of the only high end handbag retailers that actually makes inexpensive bags as well. (As far as Coach goes, I wonder if they will make a comeback as Y2K aesthetic is very en vogue and Coach is very Y2K). Most of the other fashionable handbags will cost $1K and up.

Accessories: Tom Ford and Ray Bans make good sunglasses. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, and Burberry make great scarves for a few hundred dollars and their belts are pretty popular too.

The most expensive brands will be Hermès and Chanel where entry level bags are 5k or so (you can get good Chanel perfume, very popular, for about $100+ a bottle though) Other expensive popular luxury brands are Louis Vuitton and Gucci (both are steadily the most popular over time), Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), Dior, Prada, Valentino, Balenciaga, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Balmain, Burberry, Fendi, the list goes on. Most of these bags will start around 1K+, but you can get these brand's perfumes and accessories for considerably less.

For makeup, if you didn't mind spending MAC prices (which is still in), try Sephora. It is very popular and they also sell some stuff that MAC doesn't have, like Rihanna's extremely popular makeup line called Fenty Beauty. Aside from MAC and Sephora, there is ULTA. Those are the Big 3 when it comes to makeup these days.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    guess i won’t bother going to k mart or walmart.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Walmart has been mentioned mid-butt-squeeze more times than I can remember. One dancer wanted to get busy with another one, until she saw her in Walmart, looking full-on Walmarty. I free-ubered a dancer to Target and CVS. She wanted nail polish at CVS. She said had to open every little bottle, cause you can't tell what it will look like on your nails if you just look at it through the bottle. I called bullshit and busted her for just wanting to huff for free. After at least 20 minutes of this, she bought no nail polish, proving me correct.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    In the same line of taking them to SC's...I've found taking the honey's shopping sounds more fun than it is and the ROI is limited.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    It's so specific to each girl, and further influenced by regional considerations, that nobody here can give you an informed answer as to what your specific gal might like. This obviously applies to gift cards too.

The few times I felt moved to do something extra for a girl, I asked her which stores/restaurants that she liked so that I could buy a gift card (there's no way I'm burning several precious hours shopping). One ended up being Sephora. Another girl wanted Longhorn so that she could bring her kids out to a "fancy" steak dinner. Both were very much appreciated.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Idk why anyone would wear fashionnova type trash outside the house. It is good for cam or stripping tho. Besides most of their shit looks strippery/hookerish/slutty the materials are usually total trash. Imo go inside a real store get some real clothes LOL. I can only think of a few things I've gotten from there that would be ok to wear irl without looking like a cheap slut and even then the quality is super low LOLOLOL

I tend to like irl clothes to feel nice on my skin and also feel sturdy like it wont for sure wear out in 3 months.

Shoes I tend to buy online usually just about anywhere. I have wide feet and a lot of stores it is just too much of a pita weeding thru the stuff. Online I just filter my foot size and voila and way more options.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I don't get fashionnova either. The stuff rips. Stains easily. It's like cheap Chinatown store quality.

Girls will go out in that shit and cheap shoes from Chinese or Korean shops and think they look classy and boojie.

I think it looks sexy but it's trash. Same with Shein.

But its will wear it when out with friends but not on a date lol and sometimes I'm like I wanna see the sluttiness too.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Sounds to me like you know all about women’s clothes must be a reason
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    When you've lived with a woman for years and you date women you know things.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    And when you are a woman you know more things, and when your a broke ass bitch you’re jealous of the world
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Youre calling me a poor woman? Okay 😭😭😭

But thanks for admitting I know about women
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I'm sure you know all about broke ass bitches you are one obviously
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Thank you very much Nina for the input.

Geezus, I feel so old and out of touch. I didn’t recognize most of the brands you mentioned. I had a feeling Coach was out and I wasn’t sure which bad was hot - Gucci or LV or MK.

I’ve made plenty of trips with various dancers to the outlet mall in Howell in the early 2000’s. It’s easy one stop shopping for Nike and other brands. They used to have a Coach store but maybe it’s closed now.
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    My Revolve stock has like quadrupled so that site is taking off.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    I keep hearing dancers talk about Pleasers shoes, but they seem to be available many places, not just on the company's website.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Pleaser shoes have revolutionized eroticism

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=6963…

SJG

Many colors
    https://pleasershoes.com/collections/ple…
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Ugh, eff Pleasers. My very first main pair bought in 2016 that was worn most of the time did amazing for a little over three years until 2019. And another one I got January 2020 already has way obvious signs of wear and tear starting from end of summer 2020 and might just toss in disgust. Which is really sad when there’s been a pandemic to give those shoes *plenty* of time to breathe. 😭

And yes, Pleasers is the most dominant brand and probably the only one you will find if you like doing in person shopping. I prefer in person myself but will be forced online because I’ll be trying out another brand when the time comes…

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Other brand, links?

Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but do you find that wearing extreme high heels has any orthopedic consequences or carries any special risk of injury?

SJG
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    I saw a dancer wearing flip-flops at a club a couple weeks ago. Makes you wonder why most clubs force dancers to wear certain shoes. I couldn't care less what shoes she's wearing. Just seems like common sense, she'll give a better dance if her feet don't hurt.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    One regular has gotten me a Victoria secret gift card twice now. So I get to get an outfit “just for him” instead of my preferred method of buying outfits from another dancer or housemom after I’ve been drinking.

And it was annoying because the second time the gift card was only for $50 and I had to pay out of pocket for part of the outfit. Beautiful color especially on my skin but it flattens the tits way too much. Wah.

For one thing, it sucks that store doesn’t have fitting rooms back open again and also I just don’t like their stuff. Idk, and the stuff I actually find cute would look better if I had a different body type or something?

Idk why it can work for so many people but after two trips I am realizing I’m starting to dislike the store. Victoria Secret might turn into my equivalent that Ricky is about Baby Dolls or MikeyM about 2001 Odyssey.

Looking at the Fashion Nova and Shein site tho and that might not be too terrible 🤔 so thanks Blah and Icey, might try to start encouraging diverting over there instead.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    @SJG https://hellaheels.com.au/

The point of heels: large platform heel shoes push the boobs forward and the butt backwards. And gives legs an illusion of more length. That would be considered flattering and increasing sex appeal.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I cannot imagine going shopping with or without any woman on earth, let alone buy. To be fair I wouldn't take my tailor, mechanic or optometrist shopping either.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Lulu Lemon is a pretty popular with the young crowd. They have great form-fitting athletic clothing and its high quality product. They have stuff for men too and its become my personal favorite brand in a work from home world.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Hundreds are now going to die as rioting strip club customers, shouting "STOP FLATTENING THE TITS!", storm every Victoria's Secret in the US. I just hope you can live with yourself nicespice.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    NS there are certainly good arguments for why a dancer will make more with stripper heels. But the best rule is to let the dancer decide, as the results are going to affect her much more than anyone else. She should only be prohibited from doing things that a reasonable person would find annoying. There's a market niche for clubs that want to "productize" the dancers. But those clubs seem to cater to people who don't go that often, and go primarily for the purpose of conspicuous consumption. Not simply because of attraction to healthy young women.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    "Beautiful color especially on my skin but it flattens the tits way too much."

Am I the only one that thinks we need to see pics with and without the offending bra to judge how bad it is?
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I also think Victoria's secret outfits usually dont look that good nor sexy plus the shit falls apart as fast as anything much cheaper. So I am just not seeing the point?
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    Trying to stay on topic, SB just before long Covid break was also into Lulu Lemon. She would wear their yoga pants-- but she would look sexy in a burlap sack or a Walmart Tee (as long as it was tight-fitting). She's blonde, slender, and got swimwear modeling gigs off Instagram.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    fashionnova, makes me laugh, all the skanky Millennial soccermoms I know that don't have any money left after blowing all of it on their big house (no furniture) and big SUV wear fashionnova because they can't afford anything else.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Victoria's secret is overrated. I don't look down on anyone wearing fashion nova. The clothes are sexy but trash.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    I've never tried anything from Fashion Nova. I did however buy two weeks worth of summer clothes from Chicme and Shein this summer for a trip I went on. I figured the clothes would be cheaply made and they were, but when I'm paying that low of an amount of money on something, I'm not expecting it to last long. I usually buy stuff that most people would consider pricey, so it was nice to save a few bucks. I've seen a lot of lingerie on shein, I might try some of their garter belts. I spend enough on work clothes.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Twentysomethings don't want to admit they get everything at Abercrombie and The Gap. They're afraid that others will get there first and grab all the good stuff.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    BTW Nina your synopsis was on point!
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Thanks 😊
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    i've seen victoria's secret mentioned a bunch of times. what? no one likes frederick's of hollywood anymore? always that they had hotter girls and way sexier outfits than VS. my friend's girlfriend would receive the catalog via mail, and my friend and i would look forward to checking out like checking out issues of playboy or penhouse.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Fredericks couldn't compete with Victoria's Secret and ended up closing all their stores and filing for bankruptcy several years ago. They're now online only.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    Fredericks's, holy shit what a blast from the past. That catalog used to be my main jerk off material when I was like 11 years old. Until I realized it was my mom shopping for that shit. Then it lost it's appeal.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Any dancers tried this stuff? https://www.amazon.com/s?k=LI+SHI+XIANG+…
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    tfp - i hope u didn't go to your mother's room and did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfZAERH8…

1:09 mark
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    https://hellaheels.com.au/

"The point of heels: large platform heel shoes push the boobs forward and the butt backwards. And gives legs an illusion of more length. That would be considered flattering and increasing sex appeal."

Thanks, nicespice, and I do know that. They also make for a kind of a hobbling effect, like our version of the Chinese foot bind, but more humane because it is just temporary. And it is also just because the girl is deliberately doing that, wearing such shoes and presenting herself that way. And I have seen that most of the time girls do not wear shoes like that unless they are taking in money. Like our Viet Coffee Girls will wear such shoes on the job, when they have to walk around all day. But at their own events they switch to regular high heels sandals, no platforms.

What does hellaheels have over Pleaser?

Do you know where hellaheels is located?

I see that they go up to 9". Pleaser now has 9" and 10". Do you think these extremes are wearable and safe? And if you say yes, then do you think they should experiment with 11" and 12"?

Thanks,
    SJG

• Trish_Club_Lust
    3 years ago
    I shop at Tractor Supply Company
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    3 years ago
    Would you take me there Moorhead? I need a new lasso so I can show you my skills!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Trish, I'd take you to the hellaheels store, get you some of their 9"ers

https://hellaheels.com.au/collections/9-…

Sounds like they hold up better than Pleasers. Maybe that is why they are going more for boots, at least with the highest.

Then I'd bring you home and so an erotic photo session with you.

SJG
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I read Nina’s post. I appreciate her insight. I have two teen daughters, and they don’t seem concerned about price. They are concerned about the look and the name - and now I see why my credit cards get hit hard each month.

I guess Costco isn’t trendy?
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    I shop at the western store
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion