tuscl

Any Clubs in Austin, TX ID Scanning?

Thursday, August 5, 2021 3:36 PM
Unexpected fallout from Texas' utterly stupid 21 and up legislation for strippers. A strip club in San Antonio has started scanning customer IDs upon entry, supposedly in response to the new rules. So far as I know it's only Mens Club, but there's another spot under same ownership I don't like enough to check. Anything like this happening over in Austin (or DFW or Houston)?

10 comments

• woodstock
    3 years ago
    Haven't heard of that happening at all in Austin. Most clubs have doorgirl doing quick ID glance.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Nice to hear. It sounds like one set of management made a decision and the other clubs haven't followed. Haven't been to Palace in a while, so maybe they're doing it because it's the same ownership. Mens Club in SATX has been off since this whole lockdown situation started last year. They've been one of the last clubs in town to reopen every time, and they haven't been able to get their talent back.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    All Stars in San Antonio is id scanning now. That club is trash so it's slightly hilarious they'd go through the trouble.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Yellow Rose, P10 Highland, and Palazio in Austin no id scan.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Huh, if All Stars is doing that then I wonder if Tiffany’s is following suit. (I believe they are sister clubs?)
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    They are also scanning at Tiffany's. And Tiffany's is also trash so it's not a big deal for travelers to skip it. I was going to post that some other time because I forgot to add it in with All Stars. Best thing a dude can do right now in SATX (if he cares about his info getting swiped) is keep a hold of his id until he knows what's up.
  • PaulDrake
    3 years ago
    Time to get a fake id.
  • Vforvice
    3 years ago
    Houston - Micheals international, centerfolds, and mens club all not ID scanning. Just glancing. Never thought about a scan though. Is that not a good idea? Do tbey save that info or something. My whole social circle and colleagues know i frequent rhese establishments so not really worried about a scan.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    If they weren't saving it they wouldn't bother scanning it. Diamonds in San Antonio is also scanning ids. Yes, BYOB after hours, COVID super-spreading place that it is decided to jump on the bandwagon. I'll give them a break that it's obvious they're trying to class the place up, but the whole place needs makeover for that to work.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Capisce in San Antonio isn't scanning ids.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion