tuscl

Most dangerous strip club you had ever gone to.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, July 21, 2021 1:29 PM
I went to this club under 3 different names. The first 2 were good, safe mixed clubs. Then it became a black club called Crush. Been closed for many years. Mar 9th, 2012 March 08--A River Drive strip club that was the site of a fire and two shootings over the past week has been the site of more than 300 incidents in the past two years, according to data obtained by The State. Richland County deputies were sent to Crush Gentleman's Club 173 times since March 7, 2010. Officers wrote up 348 incident reports at the River Drive strip club in that same time span. Most recently, deputies and Columbia firefighters responded to the club after a fire started there early Thursday morning. The club sustained about $100,000 in damages in the fire, which is still under investigation. Wednesday, two men shot at a tow truck driver who was moving a car that was parked there illegally. Reco Maurice Bell, 24, and Antione Demetrius Caughmun, 25, were arrested in that incident and charged with attempted murder and armed robbery. A woman also had to be hospitalized after she was hit by a bullet passing through a wall at the club March 1. The bullet was fired during a fight in the club's parking lot late that night. The club has become a nuisance and public safety hazard to the community, said Sheriff Leon Lott. Frightened community members have been calling the department about the club, and it seems to be a "magnet for illegal activity," he said. "Our hope is that it would not be rebuilt," Lott said Thursday after the club caught fire. "It's to the community and sheriff's department's advantage if it's not rebuilt." In 2006, when the site was home to Chastity's Gold Club, a club bouncer was shot and killed by a Columbia attorney who then barricaded himself from deputies in his Gregg Park neighborhood home.

28 comments

• SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    Hong Kong, TJ. I can't overstate how quickly things can go bad for you if you are not careful and respectful
  • Electronman
    3 years ago
    Any details??? I've never had a problem at Hong Kong, but I don't get drunk and rowdy. My priority is the sexy Latina dancers. Also, I don't trust the Tijuana police. I had one incident where I was walking along Revolution Blvd. (a tourist street) and a local started walking with me and offering to be my "guide." I told him no, several times but he continued to walk with me. Within two minutes a police van pulled up and told me that I was associating with a known drug dealer. They insisted on searching me.... I was carrying nothing illegal but I was carrying my passport, a condom and a couple hundred US dollars. I was contemplating offering a bribe (seems like that is standard practice in Tijuana), when the police supervisor showed up and sent me on my way.
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    I don't know that I've ever been to a truly "dangerous" club where I felt unsafe, but the old Cheaters in Providence was definitely sketchy and I did see a violent physical altercation between dancers there once. It's no accident that place no longer exists.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    About 10 years ago I went to “the Block” in Baltimore with a bunch of my buddies during a baseball trip. I remember cops all over the street telling us to stay away, it’s dangerous, go back to our hotel, etc. One of my buddies was kind of a pussy and got in a cab and left. The rest of us stayed and had a great time in Larry Flints Hustler Club. We even walked back to the hotel at about 2am. I’m not sure how dangerous it actually was. Could have been, but ignorance is bliss.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Pleasant Moments Bridgeport for the club itself. Bad neighborhood, I've seen a few guys kicked out for fighting. Nikita's nearby for the neighborhood. Worse neighborhood, though I haven't seen fights there. I never felt unsafe, but I'm a large, muscular, paranoid man who keeps his head on a swivel (i.e. I don't look like a target).
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    ^^ actually, I forgot that I had been to the The Block once when visiting my college roommate when he was attending grad school at the University of Maryland. That was an experience. I remember us getting approached on the street by possible the most unattractive hooker I've ever seen. I also recall being highly amused that the Baltimore Police Headquarters is literally right down the street. Baltimore is certainly interesting.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Shadow: I have been to that club years ago when it was the Gold Club.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Doc - It was originally Savannah's Gold Club and then changed ownership and name changed to Chastity's Gold Club and then after another ownership change it became Crush.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    "also recall being highly amused that the Baltimore Police Headquarters is literally right down the street. Baltimore is certainly interesting" Cook County jail is ona street rife with crackhouses and crackwhore brothels. I've twice picked up a buddy who was being released, and just a block away guys are yelling "Rocks! Dust! Blow!" If you don't keep your doors locked and windows uo, the streetwalkers will get into your car even if you're moving. I'm not aware that I've ever been to too dangerous a club, although I have avoided clubs because of certain neighborhoods. Still regret not trying Club Desire in New Orleans East.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    In Baltimore, "the block" is almost across the street from the police station. Sure, there are some pretty sketchy people on the sidewalk, but really.... Bridgeport, my visit to Pleasant moments, the neighborhood was bad. But the only person around acted like they were a sort of on street lot security for the club, maybe just faking it, but was polite and not didn't try some kinda con. It was probably over 20 year since I've been to TJ, I know Mexico in general has gotten worse in general, but those bars are probably paying off the police in front of them to leave their customers alone. And, at least 20 year ago, everything looked at least OK. But, Washington Park, IL... Hollywood (now scarlets) and hustler were right up next to the freeway, but driving back to blondies was a sketchy. In the 1/2 mile from the freeway entrance I saw a car on fire in someone's yard, no fire department responding, even though there was a building with a fire dept. sign on it almost across the street. One of the 2 AM'er stories was about a murder in the parking lot of one of the clubs there, the victim was the town MAYOR.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Two places in Louisville. The now closed Dollhouse, which was well known for having bar fights, shootings, and even an incident where a guy in a Hummer drove over the tops of other cars in the parking lot. Before about 10 or 11 pm, it was a fun club. After midnight, it got rough. I was in there a couple of times between midnight and closing, and let me tell you, I suspect if the bartender/manager, DJ, and door man didn't know me well and like my cash, this pasty white old fart would have had a hard time.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    The other one was the recently closed Greenlight, which was another one I didn't go to late, but not because of the violence. Simply put, after a few hours in that club, the dancers always seemed to prefer semi-consciousness to actually being entertainers. Unfortunately, the recent shooting, and death of two people, there was apparently not the first time that sort of thing had happened. It was just the last straw for the owner, I guess.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Hawks in providence because I saw 3 shootings (no one hit) inside the club. Pleasant moments and Bishops corner in Bridgeport at night. daytime is sketchy and your car is in danger and nights are just weird/scary. Outer Space Club 9pm in that neighborhood makes the south bronx seem inviting. Haverford street is imo the worst street in Philly.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Any club can be dangerous, just like anyplace else all you need is a knucklehead with a gun to seriously ruin everyone else’s day.
  • Arobins30
    3 years ago
    I think this club is closed now and I can’t recall the name. It was one of two black clubs in Tampa, not Hollywood Nites but the other one. I’m from out of town and had done some research, but when I would ask the Hollywood Nites girls about the other club they would stab wounds and bullet holes. I visited twice and got a strong gang activity vibe. Nothing jumped off while I was there. Years later a saw an article about a fight and shooting outside. There was also Club 88 outside of Trenton, NJ. Another club with a strong gang vibe. Same story, nothing ever jumped off while I was there but articles re shootings. OuterSpace is not bad, neighborhood looks rundown but nowhere near the worse in Philly. It actually has the perfect amount of street traffic. Most of it is from the club. Too little and I get antsy, too much and you worry about south popping off.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    Actually several clubs within a 30 miles radius of Cleveland and a couple in the Akron area. At least 3 of them are now closed because of legal issues that were the result of shootings including the murder of a dancer at one of them. It is a fact that a certain criminal element is drawn to strip clubs and the ratio rises as the day/night goes on hence the infamous 2 am'ers.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    The Drew Park area around the Tampa Airport is a pretty sketchy area and they have some adult businesses there that may or may not be actual strip clubs. I left Mons Venus late, late one night looking for more action. No harm done but probably pretty stupid late at night
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    This thread reminds me I need to get my street cred up. Hell I don't if it is a dangerous, gangbanger hangout, I just don't have the patience for that shit, I never stay that long. The girls usually aren't even hot at these places anyway lets be real.
  • nj_pete
    3 years ago
    Have only been to pleasant moments during the day, same with vices in Irvington, only during the day, Arnies in Harvey IL a bit sketchy . ( it’s now called something else).
  • WiseToo
    3 years ago
    Many years ago I was passing through Syracuse, NY and found myself on Salina Street. I don't recall if it was North Salina or South Salina. There were several strip clubs on the street. The area was kind of dicey, but it was still daylight so I thought why not, I'll give one a try where parking was close to the entrance. Outside the building looked kind of run down. Inside the club looked O.K. There were a few customers in back. The bartender seemed friendly; gave me my drink. Some girls were standing by the pool table. The atmosphere seemed relaxed. That all changed in 30 seconds. As I was walking over to the pool table to see the girls, the bartender went berserk. For no apparent reason, he ran over to the pool table, picked up a cue stick, began screaming and smashing the cue stick against the table, barely missing hitting them. That was enough for me. I did an about face, left my drink and went out the front door. The cue stick was in several pieces.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I've hit clubs down here in Miami where there have been shootings and killings - these often happen at night and for the last few years I've done most of my SCing on dayshift - in the rare times I do a nigthshift visit I often tend to avoid the more potentially-rowdy clubs - I don't recall being in a club where something serious went down during my visit.
  • NJBalla
    3 years ago
    A lot of clubs in north jersey can be labeled as dangerous. But I have never had any problems. Common sense says nothing good happens between 2-6 am. Tons of shootings and fights happen around closing time or thereafter. I never have had the itch for sticking around after midnight. The girls dont smell as fresh and the clubs are just too packed for me.
  • fatdan99
    3 years ago
    In general the most dangerous clubs I have been to were in Brooklyn IL. I don't know if The Pink Slip, or Bottoms Up was more dangerous. The Pink Slip seemed to have a more dangerous parking situation. But great mileage at the Pink Slip kept me coming back many times. The most dangerous club visit I had was to the XTC cabaret on the north freeway in Houston in mid '90s. Some guys got kicked out of the club early in my visit--which generally is good for club safety--but they guys came back about 30 minutes later an lit the back door of the club on fire. I headed out the font door as the bouncer and club management tried to put out the fire. After the firemen arrived, I went back in the club and the same girls were still dancing while the room was smoky and the firemen where hosing down the remnants of the fire. I had to applaud the dedication to the craft those girls showed that night.
  • DocIncognito
    3 years ago
    years ago, I went to a club in London but I was suspicious because I was the only one there, reasoning it was the middle of the day. A dancer sat down beside me and insisted that I buy a drink for her and me. Mine, just being coke. When I refused to pay their 75-pound bill, a big fat guy with a baseball bat came out of the backroom. I ran out quick w/o even taking a sip of my drink.
  • AfricanLovePimppp
    3 years ago
    I got shot by a stripper in a club in Chicago name the factory back in the early 2000s.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    I would have to say it was the four clubs in Brooklyn Illinois in 1990's and 2000's. PT's, Roxy's, Pink Slip, and Bottoms up. The clubs were close together enough that you could park at one and walk to any of them. I did it many times. Probably foolish in hindsight for a middle aged white guy. They used to have a BBQ stand in the Roxy's parking lot. I ate there several times. It became the site of a well publicized shooting. Also, like half a dozen people were hospitalized for an environmental fentanyl overdose at Roxy's before it closed. You know it is a dangerous club when the authorities arrive in hazmat suits.
  • orionsmith
    3 years ago
    I haven't been in any clubs that had active shootings whle there and haven't been in any club fights but apparently the place I moved from was considered dangerous enough that I was asked how many fights I have been in. My biggest threats around some clubs were a chance of getting an std from someone I just met or getting taken to the cleaners by Asian massage parlor girls who were very aggresive. My car did get randomly attacked at 2 clubs.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’ve been to several clubs that have been known to be in dangerous areas. I don’t know which one is the most dangerous. I know a few in Irvington NJ that can become dangerous both inside and out on the local street. There is another area (Orange NJ) that has a club in a rough area. Also, the downtown parts of Paterson NJ can be dangerous. A PL exiting one of the strip clubs - looking like he’s had a few - can become an easy mark.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion