tuscl

Good Idea to Travel?

Call me …Goddess
The Stripper Formally Known As….Star.
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 8:12 PM
I’m really anxious to travel somewhere - mostly looking at the driving in the south (NC/SC/GA area) and then eventually fly to Texas. Anyone know how well the south is doing? Is it even smart to travel right now? I’d be looking for dive-mid tier clubs. I’ve posted pictures so you guys can tell me what clubs are best and which to stay away from. ❤️

4 comments

• NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Are you talking about money potential or covid or both? I was just in Nashville. Everything was fine. Although I wouldn't recommend working there. Some of the people I was there with went to one of the clubs and it was super dead and lame. Broadway was poppin, though. I was in New Orleans a few months ago when the pandemic was really bad and I had a blast. Most of their attractions were still open as far as I know. I didn't dance in either city, though.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    If you go to Texas, I think Houston or the towns away from the largest cities would be the best bet. Dallas and Austin clubs especially I’ve noticed are tougher on hiring black dancers, they are okay with Hispanics but the hiring racism imo is bad and would probably be the biggest pain to deal with if having limited time/expenses to deal with. San Antonio might be okay too but I get the impression Houston is easier. I’ll just mention tho, extras are huge in Houston and San Antonio isn’t exactly innocent either tho the reputation on that is not too the same degree as Houston. (San Antonio clubs do have a reputation for shootings tho, city has fair amount of thugs) Hard to say what every area is like, but if you’re driving I think that makes it easier to go to a club and leave if it doesn’t work out how you want it to and move on to the next one. Can’t speak too much on NC/SC/Georgia so I won’t. Sounds like fun and hope you have a blast on the road 😊
  • Winteriscumming
    3 years ago
    To add onto what nicespice said, I’m in Austin and split my time between Yellow Rose (nightshift) and P10 North (dayshift) and haven’t worked at either since the middle of June because it’s been dead (basically no bottles sold even on the weekends and the groups who do come in aren’t spending), stage tipping is down to barely a trickle, and a lot of travel dancers are coming out here to escape summer slump from other places. That being said, the urban clubs here might be more lucrative but I can’t personally speak on them. Good luck, I’m sorry I don’t have more encouraging info.
  • Call me …Goddess
    3 years ago
    Thanks for the info @nicespice and Winter. @Nina - I’m speaking both in terms of money potential and how COVID has been effecting traffic. It seems like it’s the same everywhere right now. That’s why I’ve been very hesitant to just pick up and go without planning/doing research. Hopefully more ladies can chime in about the other states. I wanna stay optimistic however it’s a little difficult :/
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion