tuscl

Novelty, risk, or waste of time?

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Friday, October 12, 2007 5:03 PM
OK, here's an interesting one for discussion. Some of you may recall I took on a new job about a year ago. The new job involves a bit more travel and gives me an opportunity to sample new clubs more than I have for a few years. Here's the interesting part. I'm headed to a different country next spring, Russia, for work. This is most likely a once (maybe twice) in a lifetime opportunity to see Russia. Would you try to hit a stripclub?

10 comments

• Clubber
    17 years ago
    I think it might be better to visit one.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I only see thumbs up, unless you some specific reason to see thumbs down. The Eastern Europeans (yes, small sample) so far have just not interested me.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I would certainly think about it. Of course, I wouldn't have any idea how any of their clubs are.
  • yndy
    17 years ago
    i saw some of the most beautiful women ever on my trip to Poland in 1988. in fact, one "anna" offered to "show me her home" for $100! not going is one of the big regrets of my life, but i was so young and naive then. we did spend the nite in the "diskotecha" (sp?) hanging out, drinking, holding hands, dancing etc., so it wasn't a total loss. ANYWAY, if you look at the "russian bride" websites, i'll bet you'll want to investigate their SCs!!!
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    AN, I think I'd have a million too many other things I'd want to experience there first. It's like when I visit cities like New York or LA. Strip clubs just aren't a priority. I might try a Russian club if I heard about one that sounded interesting, but I wouldn't be seeking them out. I'd go more for a cultural eye opener than an American SC type experience. Besides, I get the feeling time of Eastern European bargain sex may have passed. According to Eugene Hutz, the Ukrainian-American rock singer and actor, the first thing he noticed on a recent trip to Odessa was the absence of the hot girls he could always count on seeing everywhere. They've all been exported to the West.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Actually my view is closest to Chandler's. I think I would be wasting my time to look for a strip club when virtually everything will be a new and exciting experience, and I've been in a strip club. If I had more time I'm sure I'd get around to it eventually. I was interested in what others thought, or what they would do in a similar situation. Of course it would have been a great novelty to be the only guy on the board to have reviewed a St Petersburg club, but I see that in the last two weeks someone beat me to it. Oh well. In two years I go to Australia.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    If I had a chance to get to Russia, I would'nt bother with "American style" strip clubs, but I'd certainly try to find out where the "Russian style" (and "European businessmen style") establishments were. I LOVE dem Eastern European gals!
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Abbie, Seems you missed the point of my post, or perhaps decided to overlook your original mistake. No matter, just a time to say hello, if nothing else!
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    If you have a friend or tour guide and he suggests visiting such a place as a fun evening, then sure why not? I wouldn't be trying to visit new places just to visit a strip club though. I would like to see the new cities and special scenic sites first. I would also be leary about the customs and definitely would not want to get mugged or arrested in a foreign country. Having a guide or friend would be great. Without a guide, I would be a bit cautious about where I traveled.
  • Blomeclown
    17 years ago
    I've hit a few overseas strip clubs in the last couple of years, Canada and Russia not included. A few hints-- 1- if you're going to Russia, spend some time seeing other things first. T&A is T&A wherever you go. 2- make some good, solid personal contacts AT WORK before you hit any clubs. See if any of them are interested in going with you. There's always strength in numbers and the locals can usually steer you away from the places you don't want to be. There's also the language barrier. You may THINK she's asking you for a private session when, in reality, she's asking you to take her to the US. 3- LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD IN THE HOTEL SAFE. CASH ONLY (US $$$ WORKS ALMOST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD), BRING LOCAL CURRENCY AS WELL. 4- if she offers to take you "upstairs", be careful, especially if you've ignored suggestion 3. Good luck, have fun, be careful.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion