tuscl

Aaron Rodgers contract

mark94
Arizona
Friday, June 25, 2021 4:39 PM
The NFL and the player’s association have reached agreement that anyone who opts out of the season because they fear CoVid will receive $350,000 instead of this years salary. However, they would still get credit for their signing bonus year of service, plus receive a roster bonus. In the case of Aaron Rodgers and his conflict with the Packers, he would earn about $18M this year, even if he doesn’t play. Advantage Aaron. [view link]

8 comments

• mark94
    3 years ago
    A source called “packer news” confirms my interpretation. [view link]
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    I didn't even know he was considering opting out.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Aaron Rodgers is like a fifteen year old who is mad at his parents. He’ll do whatever he thinks will get back at the Packers for not kissing his ass enough.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    I hate athletes that are so entitled they want to get out of the last year or two of a contract to get a better deal elsewhere. If you signed a contract for X number of years you work for the company you signed with for X number of years. If you don't want to to continue with them until the end nobody is going to force you to because that would be slavery. They can and should go after you for breach of contract and sue you for whatever amount of money the contract allows for and enforce the non-compete clause against you to prevent you from working for a competitor. It seems like over the last several years we are hearing more and more about athletes pulling this shit to try to get out of their contract early.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Vikings faced this with Danielle Hunter this year. A couple years ago, he signed a long term contract that was generous for his level of production. Then, he had a really good year followed by a lost year with a neck injury. Somehow, he ( or his agent ) got the idea he deserved a new contract reflecting his good year. The Vikings gave him more guaranteed money up front but made it easier to let him go at the end of 2021 if his neck injury returns. It was a reasonable compromise that kept everyone happy in the near term.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    What is amazing to me is here you have a relatively young guy (37 Years old)who's worth an estimated 120 million dollars, and set for life, and you think he's worried about what people think, or don't think. My best guess is Aaron Rodgers does whatever he want's and he doesn't seem to want to play in Green Bay.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    What Rodgers really wants is to have the Packers fire the GM. If they do, he’ll return. If they don’t, it’s unlikely he’ll play another down for the Pack.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Aaron Rodgers is a little bitch. Pompous assholes like him should stay the fuck home.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion