tuscl

OT: Covid Vax and side-effects on young people

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
In January, Israel became one of the first countries in the world to give the new coronavirus vaccine to young people. At the time, Israel's Education Ministry said the vaccine was necessary so that students could sit for in-person exams. Schools mandated the shot; kids got it.

So what happened next? This week, we found out. Israeli health officials released a report showing that vaccinated young people, particularly young men, were developing a potentially fatal complication — a heart inflammation called myocarditis — and they were developing it at extremely high rates. Researchers determined that the incidence of myocarditis in vaccinated young men was fully 25 times the usual rate. Some of them died.

In Canada, at least one public health official observed the same thing. Dr. Peter Liu is the chief scientific officer at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and an expert in myocarditis. Liu began to notice heart inflammation in patients who’d received the vaccine. "It is more than coincidental," he said.

In Germany, authorities concluded the same thing. The German government just announced that healthy young people should avoid the vaccine. It’s too dangerous.

Video of the report below:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-c…

10 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    So, I suspect that posting this here was a mistake...?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Only time will tell how much of an issue this is – but the way Covid and the Vax has been politicized the more info the better especially when it seems the powers-to-be only want one-side of the story being told.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Why a mistake - it's a health-related article that should be of interest to everyone
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Because it's posted to the Front Room and not the Politics forum.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ that's my point - it's about health; not politics - if these side-effects are indeed an issue it will affect people regardless of their political views
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yeah, well, health and politics are not mutually exclusive, and as exhibit A I'll present the entirety of 2020.

And, like the Covid pandemic, this issue is being largely debated from partisan political viewpoints with everyone finding science (and often "science") to suit their political bias.

But I'm sure this thread will be complete different and folks will be pulling their data and arguments from "The Lancet Journal" and similar sources.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    This isn’t new I’ve heard about this in April and there is definitely a concern but remember even seeing myocarditis at rates 25 times normal is still a very tiny amount of the overall population, but sure people should be aware and precautions should include further studies
    One point of note most of the young people recover fairly quickly
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Well - those that wanna take it as political can take it as such - from my POV it's something worth being aware of given today's climate of censorship w.r.t. certain topics
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... One point of note most of the young people recover fairly quickly ..."

Hopefully that's the case - when one is talking about teens and people in their early-20s it's a bit of a different ballgame/concern
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If I’m not mistaken I believe the ages of the group of concern was younger preteens I’m not positive but I believe the group was grade school ages not older teenagers or young twentysomethings
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion