tuscl
Blu Astor Gentlemen's Club
6530 US-51 Janesville, WI 53546

Dancers ignoring customers

Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:56 AM
Can anyone explain this phenomenon? Generally speaking most of the time the dancers act like they dont want to give private dances or need the money. They perform on stage for a few bucks then hide out in the back or sit at the bar. Even when I indicate my interest at the stage it is not a sure thing and I often leave with money in my pocket. What am I missing?

38 comments

• Liwet
    3 years ago
    Probably waiting for someone who's willing to spend more money than you think is reasonable. Someone who spends a lot will probably tip a lot on stage so if the tips are too small for them, then they'll probably go wait until their next stage set to try again.
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    When you tip on stage are you specifically saying 'I'd like your company, I'm sitting over there?' The millennial generation is not as good with innuendos as prior ones because they've been communicating online their entire lives. Additionally, bc of that you're gonna have to approach them and be direct a lot of the times.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Lots of possibilities. Many dancers have a specific monetary goal for their shift and a plan for making it. Very few try to squeeze every possible dollar out of every customer in the club. Some focus on a small number of regulars to meet their goal. In between these regulars, they just chill out. Some focus on a certain type of customer where they’ve had success. Or, avoid a specific demographic ( say, young partygoers ) where they’ve had bad experiences.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    What planet is this club on ?
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    many more of the girls that decide to be dancers in today's climate try to avoid making money. they do more dumb things than the previous generations. they treat their work like a gas tank. if they have a really good night and make over $1000, they will sick out of work until that money runs out. feeling like a victim is more popular now than earning money in the club. just understand that even if they're sitting with a whale, sometimes they'll only earn $400 for 6 hours of their time.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    tusclresearcher... i don’t get it. a few girls respond but many don’t. ????
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Maybe you look like a cop. Or a creepy perv.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I once had a girl tell me she always pays attention when a guy opens his wallet to tip, pay for a drink, pay for a dance, etc. If it does not look like a lot of cash in there, she bounces. She also said waitresses and bartenders look too and will look off a girl approaching that guy with $21 in his wallet.
  • bang69
    3 years ago
    That is a very good question.
  • BGSD3100
    3 years ago
    It could be several things. They might be having a bad day and just don't care. They might have found a whale and have decided to take the rest of the shift off. They might judge a customer as being someone that doesn't have enough money to make it worth their time. Maybe the guy has a problem that no amount of money will tempt the dancers to overlook, like body odor. Or maybe it's just bitch night. I don't know why they ignore me, but if they do then I'm gone.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I never flash my money in any public place.
  • orionsmith
    3 years ago
    I am having trouble understanding trouble getting attention. Even my smart tv occasionally likes to interrupt my phone call saying I’m listening etc etc. I have an annoying smart tv at times. Whomever I’m talking to if they hear my tv talking always sound suspicious. Maybe we shouldn’t have joked about sending a ufo strike in the dc area. I haven’t seen or gotten attention from any 9’s or 10’s lately in the strip clubs. I try not to get too much attention. I remember telling a dancer a story so good she told several other dancers and the following week they asked me about it. I could not remember hardly anything.
  • samiel
    3 years ago
    There are many possibilities. 1. They just don't feel like giving dances. Sometimes dancers have to work a certain number of days and they just go on stage but don't feel like giving dances. Or heck, they already made enough money for the week and they don't feel like it. 2. They are waiting on a regular or only dance for regulars. A lot of times dancers are only comfortable dancing for certain people. 3. It's you. You look bad, you smell bad, you look like an abusive ex-boyfriend, or maybe they are racist. 4. It's almost time for them to be done with their shift. They just want to leave. 5. They are having a really bad day. They just had a shitty customer or maybe their pet died. Honestly, there are a lot more reasons, but it doesn't hurt to approach them and ask for a dance or maybe even what their schedule is so that you might be able to see them later.
  • oscarlomax
    3 years ago
    The remedy is to always approach a dancer if she doesn't approach you. I've had situations where I wanted a dancer's attention and couldn't even make eye contact with her. So I just walked up to her and started a conversation. Other times I've just wanted to chill and drink while watching the "human zoo." This is when every dancer and her mama seem to approach. Or when you are about to connect with the girl you are interested in, every girl you are not interested in comes and sits on your lap, effectively cock-blocking.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    I'm noticing this thread is on a club board. Is the OP looking for info on a specific club or general thoughts?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    As others have mentioned, there are as many reasons for the way dancers act as there are days-in-a-month. One of them is that certain clubs, even certain regions, may have a particular M.O. – reality is that good clubs, and even good SC regions/cities, are the exception and not the norm – plus it’s a business based on vice/sex/$$$/anonymity – i.e. one can’t have too-high-a-bar. As others have mentioned, a custy is pretty-much his best advocate in a strip-club – the club and the dancers are looking after their own interest$ not yours. Many custies prefer for the dancer(s) to do the approaching; that is my M.O. also; but the reality is w/ some exceptions a custy will usually get the best results by being proactive and sorta making his own visit/luck. As I mentioned, some areas just have shitty clubs where one can’t just go hit a different club and have a better experience – in this case other than been proactive and making/increasing your own luck, you can look into doing some SC trips to better clubs/strip-clubbing-areas if you have that flexibility.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I have seen girls sit, chill and ignore everyone for 15-20 minutes immediately before they go on stage. It could be they want to rest a bit before the stage. It could be they do not want to start interacting with a customer only to have to go on stage in a few minutes. Some do this to avoid fines for being late to the stage. I was at a club where the DJ would even call out fines. "I need Ginger to stage one." once or twice followed some seconds later by "Ginger that's a stage fine"
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    No idea, and unless you interview every single dancer that isn't walking up to you, you won't know either. All the possibilities have been covered here, but what it really comes down to is that in these types of clubs, you have to do the approach. If that's something you don't like or can't do, then find another club. Now, if the majority of dancers you approach won't dance with you, then it's a "you" thing.
  • Jammaster
    3 years ago
    Legit question - why are so many customers afraid to approach a dancer they like? It’s not like you’re asking her out on a date and might get rejected. I would never ever ask a girl out in the real world because I’m like the shyest person ever but I have no issues whatsoever approaching a dancer to ask for a dance.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Jammaster ... No idea, but some customers either can't or won't do it. In some instances, I think it's because their social anxiety extends even into the relatively "Easy Button" world of strip clubs. In other cases, I think some guys resent having to ask for a dance because it's an admission that the dancer is in charge. To some degree, there's a bunch of guys in strip clubs where the fantasy isn't just about fun with naked women, it's also about having a level of control with women that they lack in the outside, non-strip club world. Some guys here throw tantrums if you suggest that dancers get to pick their customers.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I don’t get guys complaining about dancers not approaching them, are they men or boys, I always thought it was a male prerogative to approach a woman.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I have a dancer who takes my stage money, but won't sit with me, dancer for me and walks by me 100% of the time as if I do not exist. Oh well; too bad, so sad. Thought she was coming over Sunday, but the dancer I was with came out of the dressing room at that exact moment so we'll never know. Strikes me as funny because she goes for the type of guy who appears to have money and I know that in my dumpster out back of walmart dressing style, I am not in her target group. I think that 5 rounds of cocktails, a 45 minute room and a great tip is spending; but I am just a Pl, so what do I know. Wait I know two things I know: she missed out on good money and I had a great time.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Dancers are like city busses one passes another will be along shortly If I ask I’ve not in recent memory been turned down, if I get turned down which has happened I’ll just make it a point to let her see me tipping another one cie’ la’ vie’’
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The ignoring me has been going on pre and post pandemic and its kind of funny. Part of me needs to find out why so many find her hot, when she's not my physical type for the most part and doesn't strike me as super nice lol. I was locked in with the other dancer because its rare at Desires to see really young dancers.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    The only time I really won't approach a dancer is if she is with another PL. At the old Follies, there was a constant parade of girls walking through. You just had to reach out and tap a shoulder for the 25% that walked by without offering. They were usually headed to the ladies room, VIP or the drug dealer. It was a risk there to get out of your seat even for a few seconds as you had to deal with some guy taking your seat 5 seconds after you got up.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @ski I can’t answer that she sounds like a n entitled twat with GPS me personally I’d just ignore her that will piss her off and she’ll come around eventually The laws of karma are universal
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Seems like 90%+ of the time this topic comes up on TUSCL, it's about Club Desire in Providence. 1. Get off your ass and walk up to her. If you catch her on her way to a regular, tell her you'd love to see her when she's free and move on. 2. Watch for her on the way out of the dressing room or bathroom. She's most likely alone. And see #1. 3. If she's in the back or in a group, get another dancer to approach her for you. Dancers are surprisingly willing to do this, knowing you might be in the mood for them next time. 4. She's paying money to dance and work the floor. If you're offering her the chance to turn a profit, your success rate is pretty damn high. 5. If she's cold and distant and buried in her phone, what makes you think she'll be a great conversationalist or dancer when she isn't? 6. There is always another girl there. Or it might not be your day. Know a few clubs or restaurants in the area. God knows how many times I've struck out on the day shift, headed to Foxy for variety or Federal Hill for Italian food, and come back to a better night shift. This is a non-issue. You don't take the initiative, it's your fault.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I took the initiative and still do. I bet if you put on your thinking cap Tet you could figure out a hot dancer, with an attitude and guess who it is lol. I like her ass and legs, but she is known for .......
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    You're talking about Nicolette.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Lmao ^5. I don't even like enhanced boobs, but I know ppl who adore her skills and part of me needs to know lol. She's the exact opposite of my type, which I find intriguing.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yep... and, like you, she also wants nothing to do with me, and I've approached her a few times. I might try again in the future ... because PL. But, right now I'm leaving her alone. Could it be argued that she's losing out on making money by ignoring me? ... sure. But it's also safe to say that she's making plenty of money without my help.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    I would add to @Tetradon's point. If you have to take the initiative to grab a "lazy" but hot one, the dance will probably suck.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @skibum, wasn't aiming that at you in particular. Just at the average TUSCL denizen who thinks the hottest girl in the club is going to have eyes for him and only him. @goodyman, +1 to that. The times I've approached a dancer who was on her phone, she's danced like it.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Nicolette does fine on the money front from what I see, but since she always ignores me its sorta cheap fun after 3 years.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "If you have to take the initiative to grab a "lazy" but hot one, the dance will probably suck." Agree in principle. But that's why we club, right? I approached a dancer on her phone the other day who was on and off it until the drink arrived. She was the only girl on the floor I was interested in, so it was either spend on her or leave. The delay on the drink is what saved her from getting a quick hook. It was a slow shift and she didn't want to be there. Then at some point she put the phone away and a couple of hours later it was the most fun I've had at a club in a while.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    ^ Review; revise; adapt; succeed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    “… If you have to take the initiative to grab a "lazy" but hot one, the dance will probably suck. …” I think this is often the more-common reason I hear w.r.t. custies that prefer to not approach strippers (vs b/c they’re “shy” or “scared” or w/e) – more often than not the PL-reasons I’ve read on TUSCL is that “I shouldn’t have to ask a dancer to come get my $$$”, or something like that – and per the quote above, some PLs feel if she’s not motivated-enough to come get your $$$ then she may not be motivated enough to give good service/dances; this may be true with some dancers and not true w/ others – I think it comes mostly to preference/SCing-style vs “fear of approaching a dancer” – at the end of the day a PL being-proactive will usually have more opportunities come his way; at the very least making eye-contact and smiling w/ a dancer can often help but if this has no effect then for many PLs that’s a sign she’s not worth dealing with.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    “… At the old Follies, there was a constant parade of girls walking through …” That is another variable – busy-clubs like Follies where dancers have plenty of targets (and perhaps there are many regulars); it’s often hard to stand-out and one is better-served being more proactive b/c the odds are against you in a sea of horny PLs. At its peak, Tootsies Miami had this issue – it used to have a TON of custies it being a very-large and very-popular club – and for w/e reason in this club many of the dancers walked around as if they were "independently-wealthy and didn’t need $$$" - you could make eye-contact and smile and many of the hot girls would look at you and then just look away and just continue to stand there or keep walking (more-so the hotter-girls but it was pretty-prevalent) – I assume part of the issue was they had a ton of custies to choose from and many of the girls were just interested in doing the big-bucks-VIP where they’d ask $500 and often more and seems they were just looking for a particular type of custy and felt making $20 for a 3-minute song was not worth their time even though many PLs tend to get multiple dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion