tuscl

OT: Amazon acquires MGM studios for 8.5 billion

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Amazon announced a deal to acquire MGM Studios for $8.45 billion on Wednesday.

The deal adds content to Amazon Prime Video and a studio to produce more TV series and films.

It marks the first time a large technology company has acquired a legacy media company, but it doesn’t feel particularly historic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/26/amazons-…

17 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    They wanted to add to their catalog for their streaming media library and as a bonus they got a nice little franchise I’m talking “ Bond , James Bond” I think they paid less than 8.5 billion dollars and it’s a smart aquisition for Amazon
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Included in the MGM library are out takes from the Apprentice that Tom Arnold claims will show Trump using racist language. Bezos will now have access to this. Speculation this was a factor in the purchase decision.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    This goes back to my earlier complaint about the shift of power towards China. Bezos doesn't give a fuck about America, so expect a lot more movies geared towards the chinese. You think a black Bond is a bad idea? Don't be surprised if the next Bond is from Wuhan and fighting American expansionism.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Hey fools divest yourself of Amazon stock and boycott them betcha they couldn’t give a shit what you think when the Black James Bond movie comes out Pickett the theatre bet the only thing you get out of it as another ass whuppin but you’re used to that how stupid you are
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Gammanu95 why would anyone other than an outright racist think "a black Bond is a bad idea?" It's a fictional character so why would their race matter? As long as the movies still center around a spy that is involved in a lot of action scenes and surrounded by beautiful Bond girls I think most people who watch them now will continue to do so.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    looks like many flicks will have scenes deleted/altered as seen fit with bezos. yeah can't wait to witness cinematic history about to be revised.

• Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    A "black Bond" is a bad idea if he's chosen bc he's black and not bc he's the best person for the role (in order to virtue-signal and be woke).

The awards shows are now requiring that movies have a specific % of minorities (whether it'd be leading roles , supporting cast, or production cast) - basically a quota and having to hire based on skin-color vs the best persons for the position.

If a black Bond is the best person for the character then that is who should play the role - but in this day and time many in society are pushing for skin color to be the #1 criteria (CRT anyone).
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Some sources are saying the next Bond may be a dragqueen - long live wokeness!!!
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I watched Doctor Who all my life. I stopped watching when the Doctor regenerated as female. Some lines you just don’t cross.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Money is green, that’s all I care about if Amazon continues to make money for me I’m happy with that
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    Well, the price of Prime going up is what's gonna drive those Amazon shares up. MGM might help make that happen.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    They're making so dang much money now, they simply do not know what to do with it all.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    In 1988 Paramount Studios forced Eddie Murphy to hire one white actor for "Coming to America". Louie Anderson got the part.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ This is stupid even for you gammanu
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Let me rephrase that black Bond is a bad idea. It is a stupid fucking idea, thought up by stupid fucking people, and embraced or promoted by stupid fucking idiots. If you can see past your idiotic wokeness, that's not racism that's fact. Have a black 007 after the white male James Bond dies or retires.

Also, some of you entirely missednthe point in your race to vietue signal
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    ...virtue signal. The very real problem is that China will use it's power over amazon to exert leverage on MGM film, tv, and online content. Don't doubt me. They have already done it to Disney and the NBA. It will not be gradual, it will be immediate and it will be obvious.

#KeepTaiwanFree
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I don't mind the idea of a black Double "O" agent having a movie. Just don't call him James Bond. You could have 008 William Jones, or whatever. Use the same themes and everything. But you have an entire story line and history of the character of James Bond. Don't mess with that. Start a new character.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion