tuscl

Nashville club offering signing bonuses for strippers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Businesses have had a hard time filling positions since COVID restrictions have loosened, or even ended, in many places - strippers are no exception.

And many businesses have been offering incentives for workers to come back including bonuses and higher pay - strippers are no exception. Deja Vu Nashville announced they are offering new and returning entertainers with signing incentives in effort to combat the shortage.

“This is a problem throughout the entire industry, said Michael Durham, regional director for Deja Vu Showgirls.. The demand for adult entertainment is greater than the clubs are equipped to deal with after being shuttered for the better part of 2020.”

Exotic dancers did not receive any government assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, and many of them moved away or found other employment. So, Deja Vu Showgirls has decided to offer a $1,000 contract incentive to get the industry back on it's feet.

Deja Vu is affiliated with over 100 clubs worldwide, and is the umbrella company to multiple brands.

3 comments

• whodey
    3 years ago
    "Exotic dancers did not receive any government assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic"

I know quite a few strippers who got unemployment benefits during the lockdowns. A lot of states, and the federal government, made independent contractors eligible for unemployment benefits during covid.

I wonder how long the strippers have to work at Deja Vu to qualify for the signing bonus. If you give it to them right away they will be gone soon after, if you make it too long before they get it some will stick around and just be going through the motions with minimum effort until they get it. It will be hard to figure out that sweet spot to get maximum results.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I think it’s also an incentive because of the pain-in-the-butt factor with getting licensed over there. There is only one or two Wednesdays per month an applicant is able to be able to be interviewed from someone in city hall to get a license approved to work in either of the two clubs there. And then the license is $150 on top of that. If I recall correctly, I think that process stuff was suspended anyways during COVID? So most likely if an existing license lapsed, then that was too bad.
  • Musterd21
    3 years ago
    Do you have to demo to get the license?

Maybe I want to work for town hall!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion